• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I still have 9 days of vacation left - help me pick which games from my backlog to play through!

Which games to play through?

• The Callisto Protocol

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Ghostwire Tokyo

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (from the PS5 remaster)

Votes: 72 44.4%
  • Infamous: First Light

Votes: 22 13.6%
  • Horizon: Call of The Mountain

Votes: 25 15.4%
  • High on Life

Votes: 30 18.5%
  • The Quarry

Votes: 18 11.1%

• Total voters

Drizzlehell

Banned
I took 2 weeks off from work and I'm having a chill time playing some games. It's a good time for me to catch up on the backlog so I wanna make the best of it.

So far I managed to play through 3 games: Star Trek Prodigy: Supernova, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, and Horizon: Burning Shores but, as usual, I'm having a hard time deciding on what to dive into next. Usually I would spend like 3 days sketching or reading books, and not playing any games at all because of my crippling indecisivness, but in this instance I don't wanna waste any time and I just want to dive into the next thing straight away. I have a small pool of games that are currently on the top of my list of "must play" games but, as you can see, it's still like 7 choices in total.

So, my friends:
giphy.gif

In the end, I will play them in the order, starting with the game that will get the highest number of votes and working my way down the list from there.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
I voted Call of the Mountain because it's much easier to get into the VR apparatus when you have more free time. After you go back to work you're more likely to not have the patience and energy to get into it, and you can just start/resume those other games on the console.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I voted Call of the Mountain because it's much easier to get into the VR apparatus when you have more free time. After you go back to work you're more likely to not have the patience and energy to get into it, and you can just start/resume those other games on the console.
That's actually true. Plus I can probably split those VR sessions with one regular game since I won't be able to play VR the entire day anyway. I'll do this one plus one more regular game.

Aenima

From the ones i played: Ghostwire, Uncharted, Infamous and The Quarry.

Uncharted L.L. is by far the best game. Not too long too, but has all the ingredients of what makes Uncharted games great. Just missed the dry humor of Nathan Drake.

I also enjoyed The Quarry. I enjoy these cinematic games where your choices has real consequences and can lead to interesting outcomes. Game can be short or a bit longer, depending on how you play and decisions you make. It has a good replay value if you want to see how things play out by making diferent choices.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Lost legacy is a great afternoon game, do it one sitting i promise you it's totally worth it. Maybe the *ONE* time I wasn't pissed I bought a game and finished it the same day.

After that do Ghostwire Tokyo, sorry but eff the haters in this one. A spooky Tokyo is just great fun and you can critical the story in ten hours but there's a lot of fun just going off the beaten path and learning the extra story and skills in the game. It's definitely a you get out of it what you put into it type of games, though, but I would still say go for it especially after the new moves and content they added for free.

You can probably beat Infamous, High On Life, Callisto Protocol, and most or all of the Uncharted collection if you play those. If you choose any of those big RPGs then you will only beat that one game(maybe).

Drizzlehell

Banned
Alright, I guess there's no point in waiting anymore since the results are pretty overwhelmingly in favor of Uncharted, so finna play that one first and split it with shorter sessions of Horizon VR:
Uncharted_The_Lost_Legacy_box_artwork_%28fair_use%29.jpg
Horizon_Call_of_the_Mountain_cover_art.jpg

The votes are still open for the remaining five games, though!

Minsc

Gold Member
Must be cool to have a job where your involvement is so trivial being gone half a month doesn't impact operations.

Two weeks is sorta the bare minimum for any sort of real vacation (like traveling abroad to multiple countries or far away to Hawaii etc) that's not just a quick 3 day + weekend trip. Plenty of people in the fortune companies can take 2-3 months off at once, and hell don't even talk about teachers, they get 2+ months each year plus almost every holiday in existence then plenty of weather related days, probably close to 100+ a year off.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Must be cool to have a job where your involvement is so trivial being gone half a month doesn't impact operations.
It's called having properly managed team that has the ability to function at a reduced pace and take over critical tasks. Every FTE with a contract of employment is entitled to at least one uninterrupted, 14-day vacation leave per year in my country and it's mandated by labor code so a company must be able to continue operations under these circumstances.

Sucks to be you if you have a job so shitty that you never even heard of these things. Being a wage slave isn't something that you should wear as a badge of honor.

_Ex_

Being a wage slave isn't something that you should wear as a badge of honor.

More like being involved in critical infrastructure without proper staff redundancy.

Anyway, your picks for games to play on vacation are far from ideal. You should find better games to play, if that's how you want to spend your time off. I agree with the poster saying to get outside, though. Go do something you can't usually do on a simple Saturday.

Chronicle

Calisto Prorocol looks cool. All else there is decent but CP is current gen and a new franchise. It just peaks my interest.

The good news is uou have choice. Enjoy your time off.

Reactions: Isa
The Uncharted series is still amazing. I went back and played them recently. Very few AAA games come close. If 4 was released for the first time right now, people would be going crazy for it.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I’ve been eyeballing Callisto Protocol from the Steam sale, but all I’m seeing is how bad the game is at everything besides graphics.
Looks like dumb fun to me, but I can see it getting old with dodge to win over and over .

Top Bottom