• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I spent over $200 in Fireworks.....What am I even doing anymore

AJUMP23

Happy 4th of July Americans.

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

My son and I went to the firework emporium and got a lot of stuff to celebrate the 4th.

I don't buy fireworks anymore. Not american so not got much of a need for them. Usually would only buy some in November.

I'd rather go to an event that does their own fireworks. If I buy anything then it's some sparklers to swing about in the garden lol.

The smell of fireworks is so good. I'd love to spend time in america on 4th July just to smell it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I don't buy fireworks anymore. Not american so not got much of a need for them. Usually would only buy some in November.

I'd rather go to an event that does their own fireworks. If I buy anything then it's some sparklers to swing about in the garden lol.

The smell of fireworks is so good. I'd love to spend time in america on 4th July just to smell it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If you were in France you could use them to burn something down.

tkscz

Only $200? I've dropped twice that on fireworks before, and then had to sneak them back into my state (they made them legal again, so I didn't have to spend that much on them now).

Quasicat

I dated a girl in college which was getting pretty serious. As we started discussing marriage, she told me she saw video games as a huge waste of money and told me that I needed to get away from them. She then went to the fireworks store and dumped $1500 on fireworks. I told her that she was literally setting her money on fire and at least my games retained some value.
That was the first step of many arguments which helped me realize that this probably wasn’t going to work out.

Synless

When I lived in SC I would spend between $700-$1000 depending on what neighbors and such pooled in. South knew how to have a good time and entire neighborhoods were out having fun.

Difference I’ve discovered since moving back to Michigan is that people here are just depressed anal ass people in general. Its a couple nights in the year, quite being a bunch of cucks. Neighbors can bitch all they want, I’m giving my family a good time.

Dark Star

I spent around 90 bucks yesterday. Got a big box full of all kinds of fireworks, and some extra Roman candles and sparklers and smoke bombs for my nephews. It’s once a year thing so I don’t mind the expense.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Meh, overall its just been there done that too many times, it becomes boring and in fact annoying when Im trying to sleep. Illegal in our city limits but no one cares, fools will be popping off loud shit well past midnight tomorrow. Oh well I have the week off as I usually do so at least I dont have to work the next morning.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Every year starting in late June/early July my area has fireworks every single night from 9pm to 1am until like October. Not official designated fireworks shows. It’s people setting them off in fields and shit. It’s so annoying and this single-handedly has given me an utter hatred of fireworks. I get it on holidays. Hell, even if people are ultra patriotic and wanna start a day early on July 3rd and carry it into July 5th, whatever. But to do it every night of the summer into the fall as your late night hobby? FFS people in my area need to find a real fucking hobby.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I was going to mention that is a lot of money to spend on fireworks unless you have a family. But just reading your first post where you mentioned your son and I think that's fine and make sense.

Hope you and your little one have a great 4th of July.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Y'all, enjoy the day. Whether you celebrate or not... If you have the day off, do something for yourself and/your kid(s).

Excelsior!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I forgot to light the candle.

At least I've used a lighter a couple times.

Hope everyone had a good time.

sono

I always thought it odd to celebrate the end of British rule don’t you miss being part of the empire

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
You are going to blow shit up with your son, give him the night of his life, and possibly piss off everyone in your surrounding area.

I can't imagine a better use of $200 that does not involve an illegal substance or several bottles of alcohol alongside smoked meats, crackers, and nice cheese.

rogr rogr

Aren't fireworks forbidden where you live because of the discomfort they can cause to pets and babies and elderly people and people with autism and etc.?

Last edited:

Kadve

Wish i could do that still. Fireworks have been banned for consumer use here in Sweden now for a while...

Top Bottom