• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I sometimes choose MP games on PS5 vs Xbox due to the capture features

jorgejjvr

Yeah. Might be silly, but me and my friends enjoy sharing awesome games, seeing all the perspectives, could be cod or apex. Or sometimes I simply upload for myself, to review how that game went. And being to save up to the last hour, cut a video, upload the full 10 minutes of that game when you went off, it's just not possible on Xbox - unfortunately.

Really annoying, I'm here doing 1-3 minutes of recorded sdr 720p content on Xbox, while 1080p, hdr, 1 hour on ps5

This feature is important enough for me, that it makes me choose ps over Xbox for multi-player games

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I don't record much other than the OMG moment and love the button on the new Xbox controllers for grabbing that moment.

That said without digging deeper I thought I remember seeing a setting in Xbox that I could record up to 4 hours of gameplay

Edit - seems like its because I have an external SSD that allows extended durations of capture

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

I don't record much other than the OMG moment and love the button on the new Xbox controllers for grabbing that moment.

That said without digging deeper I thought I remember seeing a setting in Xbox that I could record up to 4 hours of gameplay

Edit - seems like its because I have an external SSD that allows extended durations of capture
When you get a 113 kill game in cold war, and get the gunship twice (biggest streak in the game), and go on a 25 kill streak, etc, the whole 10 minute game is the OMG moment

Edit: had no idea an external ssd would extend it by that much, but I would have to buy something else. Furthermore, I guess I would have to put it into a pc, cut it up, etc and basically work for it to get what I want. On ps5 I can simply trim it there, and done. Very easy.

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Agreed. MS really needs to step up their game here. External HDD that you have to move and edit on PC is not convenient at all.
Yeah, I was just thinking that, even if it extends my time, it means another purchase, something ugly attached to the back of my series x, and then... Edit on pc? Nope. Specially when this takes seconds to save, and edit on the PS5 itself

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
When you get a 113 kill game in cold war, and get the gunship twice (biggest streak in the game), and go on a 25 kill streak, etc, the whole 10 minute game is the OMG moment

Edit: had no idea an external ssd would extend it by that much, but I would have to buy something else. Furthermore, I guess I would have to put it into a pc, cut it up, etc and basically work for it to get what I want. On ps5 I can simply trim it there, and done. Very easy.

Yeah it does seem like a pain to get more then 10 minutes recorded on Xbox

Iamgoat100

Neo Member
You can trip captures on Xbox. Just go to your capture, then select more actions, then trim. They used to have an app called Upload Studio where you could combine and trim clips and make montages and such. Unfortunately they seem to have abandoned that app.

jorgejjvr

You can trip captures on Xbox. Just go to your capture, then select more actions, then trim. They used to have an app called Upload Studio where you could combine and trim clips and make montages and such. Unfortunately they seem to have abandoned that app.
That would help, sucks its not around. Still not the best solution

Naked Lunch

Yeah Xbox needs to up their game for sure here. I like that captures are now 60fps on the Series consoles - but the fallback to only 1 minute for 1080p is garbage. I ended up getting an external HDD just for captures and just record entire rounds. You can record up to an hour per clip this way. Kinda would like to record the last 10 minutes rather than doing it this way though.

Luckily I have read recent interviews where they said updates will be coming to the capture end on xbox. No word what or when though.

BeardGawd

Banned
Not if you save on an external HDD. You can't edit or even view the videos on Xbox.

With the recent Twitch push on Xbox I hope MS devotes more resources here.

jorgejjvr

Now with the new ps5 auto upload option from Sony, now we can have what Xbox does too, which is clips in the cloud. Right now Sony has all the options in this department, they are killing it

And their cloud option is 1080p with 3 minutes, to get 3 minutes on Xbox its 720

Top Bottom