• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I bought a Bravia TV KD-50X85JP today ps5 OS still tell me HDR in 4k it's not supported

assurdum

Banned
I literally haven't clue what's going on. HDR works flawless with my LG monitor but still even the last Bravia TV I have says HDR in 4k it's not supported on ps5. Like the hell it's that shit? Forgive my ignorance, can anyone help me to understand why HDR just works at 1080p with ps5 setup on Bravia? I don't get it.

Last edited:

CuNi

I literally haven't clue what's going on. HDR works flawless with my LG monitor but still even the last Bravia TV I have says HDR in 4k it's not supported on ps5. Like the hell it's that shit? Forgive my ignorance, can anyone help me to understand why HDR just works at 1080p with ps5 setup on Bravia? I don't get it.

Could this be a reason?

"
Update 11/24/2021: We rechecked 4k @ 120Hz support on this TV. Unfortunately, like most other TVs we've tested in 2021, it can't display 4k @ 120Hz signals properly. The vertical resolution is cut in half, resulting in a 3840 x 1080 interlaced signal, so text isn't displayed properly. We tested this previously, and it was working intermittently, but now it is consistently not working.

The Sony X85J supports most common resolutions, except 1440p, which requires a forced resolution. It displays proper chroma 4:4:4 in all natively supported resolutions; you only need to be in the 'Game' or 'Graphics' Picture Mode. For signals that require full bandwidth, set HDMI Signal Format to 'Enhanced Format'."

Edit: Also, do all HDMI Inputs support HDMI 2.1? I know some TVs have it on all Inputs, some only one one or some specific ones.

Last edited:

Saucy Papi

Could this be a reason?

"
Update 11/24/2021: We rechecked 4k @ 120Hz support on this TV. Unfortunately, like most other TVs we've tested in 2021, it can't display 4k @ 120Hz signals properly. The vertical resolution is cut in half, resulting in a 3840 x 1080 interlaced signal, so text isn't displayed properly. We tested this previously, and it was working intermittently, but now it is consistently not working.

The Sony X85J supports most common resolutions, except 1440p, which requires a forced resolution. It displays proper chroma 4:4:4 in all natively supported resolutions; you only need to be in the 'Game' or 'Graphics' Picture Mode. For signals that require full bandwidth, set HDMI Signal Format to 'Enhanced Format'."

Edit: Also, do all HDMI Inputs support HDMI 2.1? I know some TVs have it on all Inputs, some only one one or some specific ones.
I think only the x90j supports 4K@120 and it's only on 2 HDMI inputs.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As CuNi said, try different ports. I have a 900e and you'd think port 1 would be the best one, but ports 2 and 3 are the better ones.

Maybe you are using the wrong hdmi port. But i wouldn't expect too much from HDR since the HDR Brightness In Game Mode of this tv is not exactly breathtaking.

I will try when I come back to work. Hope to find it because I haven't found such hdmi setting in my first try.
Look under Settings > Channels & Inputs > External Inputs > HDMI Signal Format - Make sure they are set to Enhanced format.

At least its found there on my X900H

Top Bottom