• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am trying to play Star Ocean 6 but it is impossible

SantaC

What is wrong with TriAce? The font size is the worst i ever witnessed. It is incredible small even though i sit close to the TV.

I look around at different forums and people has complained at the same thing. Why is there not a patch yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
yeah the game is fine but holy fuck the font size is absurd. Truly moronic design

anthony2690

Banned
I came in expecting complaints about the abysmal performance (even in performance mode with a vrr capable TV) it can't perform miracles.

But font size wasn't something that bothered me, throughout the game.

But I do wear glasses, as I couldn't read the text in gears 2 when I was 16 or 17 and realised it was time to concede defeat and wear my glasses. (I was against it for the longest time as I thought it would make look like a geek, now I don't care an realise how silly I was)

Probably the best thing I ever decided to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Merkades

Is this a console thing? I have like 58 hours into it on PC and never even thought about the font size. Hmm, I also played the demo on PS5 for a couple hours and also did not think anything of it. And my once perfect (thanks Lasic) vision took a hit in mid '21 too. To be clear, I am aware a lot of games use too small of fonts for a lot of people, and this may be one, I just never noticed, much like 30fps is not a death knell for games for me, or frame pacing, or story pacing, or most things people here complain about being untenable.

When I saw the thread, I said "it can't be that bad, can it?"

FWboKVIXoAAlUZ3

star-ocean-the-divine-force_20221118132159.jpg

surprised-sunglasses.gif

Kataploom

Gold Member
What is wrong with TriAce? The font size is the worst i ever witnessed. It is incredible small even though i sit close to the TV.

I look around at different forums and people has complained at the same thing. Why is there not a patch yet.
Thank you for letting me know, I'll put it lower on my priorities, fire some reason many games have tiny fonts as if they were supposed to be played from less than 1 meter away.

I had the problem with Scarlet Nexus and send like I'm gonna have it with Code Vein too... Maybe mostly a Japanese thing?

They probably tested it on a 32" 4k screen at desk distance and thought it looked good enough for them lol

Top Bottom