• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean The Second Story R | Review Thread

Whew, I’m only playing on a 65” TV. 4K 60 FPS should look virtually identical to 720p 30 FPS then. Switch version it is!
Bitch. Are you the person who bought mortal kombat 1 on switch and be all like
aMhlzAL.png

PanzerCute

I managed to grab a physical PS5 copy but damn they are sold out everywhere in France. It's been a long time since I had issues finding a game in Paris tbh

Really excited to play this, it's only my second Star Ocean game after 6 last year (that I really enjoyed)

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I managed to grab a physical PS5 copy but damn they are sold out everywhere in France. It's been a long time since I had issues finding a game in Paris tbh

Really excited to play this, it's only my second Star Ocean game after 6 last year (that I really enjoyed)
Have fun! If you enjoy it, don’t sleep on First Departure R either. Awesome game that’s very similar to Second Story:
$6.29 until Nov 18!

PanzerCute

Damn that game is absolutely GORGEOUS! I played 5 hours today and everything feels great so far, love all the deep systems involved to build your characters.

But really, these graphics are something else, I want Chrono Trigger and FF4/6 remakes in that style now!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
What in the actual fuck is going on? My characters are level 19 or higher, im on the easiest difficulty and im regularly getting obliterated in battles.

Yes im leveling up abilities, battle skills, etc....it makes absolutely zero sense

Go_Ly_Dow

What in the actual fuck is going on? My characters are level 19 or higher, im on the easiest difficulty and im regularly getting obliterated in battles.

Yes im leveling up abilities, battle skills, etc....it makes absolutely zero sense
The character you lead with as well as member selection, formation and tactics are also important. I go with two physical attackers and control Claude who is quite OP and then have two support characters spamming spells and to provide healing.

Top Bottom