• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am sad Christmas is almost over

I'm not sure why this year, as opposed to year past, I'm really bummed the Christmas/Holiday season is almost over. I was doing stuff around the house last night and realized it was after Midnight, and thus Christmas Eve.. which meant it was really all almost done. The new years week is just the denouement, and while it's nice, and can be fun, it's nothing compared to the craziness between Thanksgiving and now.

I suppose it's an effect of getting older, but this year just seemed to FLY by. We setup our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving (the horror!), and have had everything pretty much decorated the whole time. We did a daily "advent activity" calendar thing with the kids, where there was a different thing to do each day (Bake cookies, watch Elf, go to the snow, etc) so that also seemed to make it go quick I guess, but damn.

I loved Christmas/Holidays as a kid, but then went through a phase where I didn't like it at all, it just seemed ridiculous and over the top and too many commitments and all that, when I just wanted free time to myself to play the sweet Q4 video game releases. Now that I'm of an advanced age, with little kids, I am really appreciating the whole season in a new light, and it's making me actually sad it's coming to an end.

Anyone else feeling it?

Last edited:
relaaaaaax and don't think about the time running out

have an eggnog and kick back

i love october and halloween season in the same way so for me i start that shit half way into september (no fuck it, AS SOON AS SUMMER ENDS)

pumpkins, all that shit

next year you start christmas before fucken thanksgiving

Last edited:
I was like that when I was a kid. Now I look fwd to it for not having to go to work, good food, friends, etc. but not because of xmas.

TheContact

I like this time of year especially because I have kids (around age 6). I don’t take my tree down until after New Years but looking back at Christmas it’s a lot of work. Very costly and time consuming, but worth it in the end. I take a lot of time off of work around this time of year too which is nice.

lock2k

Banned
Thank you. I’m not ashamed to admit I was very close to my mother. It’s been a hard year, and not having her around at Christmas has really hit home.
It's been 5 years without mine and it still hurts like hell. Especially because my mom never got to meet my daughter.

Papa

Banned
Just finished playing a good session of Cards Against Humanity with the in laws. Always good fun and we only do it once a year.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
This being my first year “celebrating” Christmas since my mother died, I can’t wait for it to be over. Same for NY, too.

Same here. My mom died last summer. This will be our first without her as well. My dad tried though. He bought everyone multiple gifts like my mom would. I got a car wash kit and a utility light like you see when shade tree mechanics work after sundown.

...I didn’t ask for those lol!

But at least he tried.

Fuck Christmas. Bunch of cunts buying useless shit, only to throw it away the next day adding ammo to the moaning climate cunts.

Too many useless, slack-jawed dumb fucks, shuffling around like zombies, filling up all the shops and high streets, making it a fucking chore just to buy bread and milk.

Shit food that tastes like shit. mince pies are just cold dog sick in pastry. Christmas cake tastes like my nan's slippers.

The same conversations about wank films year after years. Constant dick-dangling of who got what for Christmas and fucking adults refering to 'Santa' as a real person. You're a fucking adult for Christ sakes.

and worst of all is a bunch of lazy cunts who do fuck all at work from 1st December to 7th January, then moan like fuck they have no time to finish projects.

For those who enjoy Christmas, Have a very Merry Christmas. 🎄🎄🎄

Star-Lord

It's been 5 years without mine and it still hurts like hell. Especially because my mom never got to meet my daughter.
Fuck, I’m so sorry.

Same here. My mom died last summer. This will be our first without her as well. My dad tried though. He bought everyone multiple gifts like my mom would. I got a car wash kit and a utility light like you see when shade tree mechanics work after sundown.

...I didn’t ask for those lol!

But at least he tried.
My dad tried. I’m there now, cooking dinner, and he’s got music on and trying to celebrate best he can. It just doesn’t feel right.

I’m sorry for your loss.

Mohonky

Yeh I love Xmas and the whole lead up to it, all the Xmas lights etc.

Time for dullsville for another 11months

I appreciate Christnas for fanily now over Presents, bwcause looking back I never got any good presents from other relatives.

I can sonewhat relate S Star-Lord My Nana died two days before the big day 3 years ago now...and it can be hard but I hopw you use this time to remember the fond times with your mother, and I am going to with mine for as many years as I have them on this earth

Fuck Christmas. Bunch of cunts buying useless shit, only to throw it away the next day adding ammo to the moaning climate cunts.

Too many useless, slack-jawed dumb fucks, shuffling around like zombies, filling up all the shops and high streets, making it a fucking chore just to buy bread and milk.

Shit food that tastes like shit. mince pies are just cold dog sick in pastry. Christmas cake tastes like my nan's slippers.

The same conversations about wank films year after years. Constant dick-dangling of who got what for Christmas and fucking adults refering to 'Santa' as a real person. You're a fucking adult for Christ sakes.

and worst of all is a bunch of lazy cunts who do fuck all at work from 1st December to 7th January, then moan like fuck they have no time to finish projects.

For those who enjoy Christmas, Have a very Merry Christmas. 🎄🎄🎄
Jeez man. Get into the spirit. It's nice to change the pace once in a while

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Just finished playing a good session of Cards Against Humanity with the in laws. Always good fun and we only do it once a year.

Have you seen the new game coming out from the Cyanide and Happiness guys, Trial by Trolly? I think it is going to give CAH a run for its money in showing the awful side of people.

I'd love to play a game of CAH with Aussies though. It has to be crazy fun.

Papa

Banned
Have you seen the new game coming out from the Cyanide and Happiness guys, Trial by Trolly? I think it is going to give CAH a run for its money in showing the awful side of people.

I'd love to play a game of CAH with Aussies though. It has to be crazy fun.

No I have not but we adore Joking Hazard, so we will pick it up for sure.

You’re welcome to join us for CAH any time, ya filthy animal.

MastAndo

I enjoy it for the time it lasts, but am fine with it being done. I like getting together with family, but my nieces and nephews are no longer tiny tots, and they also get absolutely showered with gifts, so they're not quite as excitable when it comes to presents - and that was once the whole appeal of the holiday. Well, that plus my idiot brother up and moved to another state so at least one day around the holidays involves a 2-hour drive each way, which kind of kills the excitement for me.

So yeah, take care, Christmas.

xrnzaaas

I'm sad I focused on one mediocre game to play during Christmas time while having several more promising ones waiting for their turn. ;)

Breakage

I'm happy it's over. It's the same every year. Same songs, same “Christmas” CG films on TV, same fanatical shopping habits, same fake greetings.
I just blocked myself from it all as best as I could.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm not.

After today, I can write this off aa being the worst Christmas I've eser had so far.

Top Bottom