• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

Jucksalbe

Banned
So I used the Wii U code and the download went well and completed for the Wii U version Legends character pack, but the characters aren't showing up on the character select screen. Do you have to do something else to unlock them?

Install the latest patch (1.8.0).

Jucksalbe

Banned
Wait, do levels /missions run on a timer? Because that would be lame as hell.

There's a 15 minute maximum to get an A ranking in adventure mode (at least on WiiU). Usually Musou games also have a maximum of 60 minutes for each stage, but I'm honestly not even sure it's in Hyrule Warriors, it's nothing you ever really notice anyway.

There are some smaller missions in adventure mode that have a stricter time limit.

As someone who always plays with the 3D on in the 3DS I think this is the first game where I won't ever play with it on. I used it for the first two stages in story mode but kept thinking to myself it felt slow. Then switched it off to see what it looked like and it is like playing an entirely different game! I'm really enjoying it so far though!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm somewhat impressed that they crammed this game onto the 3DS. It plays really well. I'm on New 3DS, though.

I don't own a Wii U so I've been pining for this but was unsure about the performance or if the graphics would bother me. Played 30 seconds at a demo station in the store and was persuaded.

georly

You should quote everyone's posts here! >:D Joking aside, I don't really feel like to purchase HWL since the game seem subpar on 3DS (since it's way better on New 3DS so I don't really want to purchase 35-40 dollars DLC)

I know, I'm just poking fun at you, cuz you're good people. <3.

Dice//

Banned
Would love/appreciate one too if anyone has WiiU Code
R3iuzvA.gif

I can..do favours..?!

El Odio

Banned
Damn, and here I thought that the new characters and map were the only significant additions, glad I read the OP. I'm thinking of picking this up despite not even finishing a significant portion of the WiiU version but my only question is if there's any significant difference in loadtimes and such between getting a physical copy or dling it from the eShop. I have a N3DS for reference and'll probably just get it on the system with earthbound later today but I'm just curious.

Dragoshi1

Hyrule Warriors 3DS>>>>>>>Hyrule Warriors Wii U.

Character switching, warp points, and commanding, all of these are amazing features.

I hope they update the Wii U version somehow to have these too.

NeonZ

Do you know if Koei Tecmo starts from scratch with their Musou sequels, or do they keep building off the previous installments? I'd hate to see any of the characters or costumes removed.

They generally keep the movesets for a while and just keep adding more and more stuff. Dynasty Warriors 2-5 just build up on the previous ones. 6 rebooted all gameplay elements resulting in big cast cuts, but wasn't successful, so DW7 was a new reboot closer to the older games, then DW8 build up on it. Samurai Warriors 4 still uses movesets originally created for the first game, with some cuts and additions of general features and new special attacks.

In their main musou games, they often completely throw away past costumes from one game to another though - they redesign every character and, although sometimes older costumes reappear in the base game or DLC, that varies from team to team (DW's team eventually made almost all previous costumes into DLC for DW7 and 8, while SW's team only made a few based on the original game). In the licensed games though, they seem to keep every costume.

Hyrule Warriors 3DS>>>>>>>Hyrule Warriors Wii U.

Character switching, warp points, and commanding, all of these are amazing features.

I hope they update the Wii U version somehow to have these too.
Yeah as much as I miss the graphical fidelity of the Wii U version, I'm probably going to end up sticking with this one. Its the perfect handheld game.

Ryce

They generally keep the movesets for a while and just keep adding more and more stuff. Dynasty Warriors 2-5 just build up on the previous ones. 6 rebooted all gameplay elements resulting in big cast cuts, but wasn't successful, so DW7 was a new reboot closer to the older games, then DW8 build up on it. Samurai Warriors 4 still uses movesets originally created for the first game, with some cuts and additions of general features and new special attacks.

In their main musou games, they often completely throw away past costumes from one game to another though - they redesign every character and, although sometimes older costumes reappear in the base game or DLC, that varies from team to team (DW's team eventually made almost all previous costumes into DLC for DW7 and 8, while SW's team only made a few based on the original game). In the licensed games though, they seem to keep every costume.
That's good to hear. Would you say One Piece: Pirate Warriors is the most analogous IP to Hyrule Warriors?

How substantial is the bonus content, for those who've played it all? Is the new WindWaker level badass?

Also, I really like the Celshaded look of this one.

NeonZ

That's good to hear. Would you say One Piece: Pirate Warriors is the most analogous IP to Hyrule Warriors?

It probably is, although it's not a perfect match either. The only new designs in Pirate Warriors were some optional costumes based on the Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors games, while they made new designs and even characters for Hyrule Warriors, although only for the "Hyrule Warriors era" cast. So, there's still a chance that they could attempt to pull a SW/DW and give redesigns to everyone in an actual numbered sequel, which might hurt costume compatibility.

Berordn

How substantial is the bonus content, for those who've played it all? Is the new WindWaker level badass?

Also, I really like the Celshaded look of this one.

Not too far into it, but the most substantial content so far seems to be the new characters. The modifications to the existing levels are nice though, so this is probably going to be my preferred version of the game, graphics aside.

Did I read an above post right: Commanding, by pointing to a place on the map and sending an ally there, is only available on 3DS?

Not too far into it, but the most substantial content so far seems to be the new characters. The modifications to the existing levels are nice though, so this is probably going to be my preferred version of the game, graphics aside.

Okay, thanks.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Did I read an above post right: Commanding, by pointing to a place on the map and sending an ally there, is only available on 3DS?

Okay, thanks.

Yes, this is true.

Angry Guy

Wait, so I bought the Wii U + 3DS season pass and downloaded it to my Wii U, but the Wind Waker Ganon skin isn't showing up. What the hell? Is it only for 3DS? I was going to get the season pass no matter what but don't tell me the best version of Ganon is only on the 3DS.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I really dont wanna buy this game just to get the Wii U content......but I might.

I might be misunderstanding your post, but everything that can be transferred to the Wii U version from the 3DS version can be bought via DLC on Wii U without needing the 3DS game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Did I understand it right? If I purchase Season Pass for Wii U only, I will get Ganondorf (Wind Waker) for free?

Quote in OP kinda confused me.

Wii U Season Pass

Contents: all upcoming DLC for Hyrule Warriors (Wii U), with the exception of the Legends Character Pack + Free The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker costume for Ganondorf
Release date: Summer (Europe/North America), July (Japan)
Price: £8.99 / €9.99 / 1 389 Yen + taxes / US$9.99 / CDN$14.09

It sound like that The Wind Waker Costume for Ganondorf is excluded, so did I read it right?

I know, I'm just poking fun at you, cuz you're good people. <3.

Georly pls! I'm not really good guy. I'm like Ganondorf. (No, I'm lying my ass off.) <3

Reminder: this is not a code trading thread.

I'm sorry. I didn't meant to derailed the thread like that.

TheMoon

I really dont wanna buy this game just to get the Wii U content......but I might.

You don't have to ...

Did I understand it right? If I purchase Season Pass for Wii U only, I will get Ganondorf (Wind Waker) for free?

Quote in OP kinda confused me.

It sound like that The Wind Waker Costume for Ganondorf is excluded, so did I read it right?

If you look at the format, you'll notice that all three season pass variations use the same format of "+ TWW Ganondorf costume"

it does not mean it's excluded.

here, read it from Nintendo directly: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nin...ors-Legends-1025970.html#Downloadable_content

What&#8217;s the benefit of getting a Season Pass over purchasing the individual DLC packs?

As well as receiving an exclusive The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker-themed Ganondorf costume when purchasing a Season Pass, players will save money in comparison to buying each DLC Pack individually.

IzzyF3

Nintendo!! You're killing me with your weird and confusing support! So many people wants the full experience with the Wii U version and you only give them the characters. DLC are not cross buy. Game has no cross save.

Why can't they make it easy? I'm still annoyed by how in order to install Xenoblade X data to an hdd, you have to download the 15 gig from the Internet. WHEN THE FRIGGIN DATA IS ON THE DISC!!

Seriously, for a company that has clearly taken some inspiration from Apple, they sure make things incredibly difficult. Okay, rant over.

I'm going to buy this today, and maybe trade in the Wii U version.

Berordn

Nintendo!! You're killing me with your weird and confusing support! So many people wants the full experience with the Wii U version and you only give them the characters. DLC are not cross buy. Game has no cross save.

Why can't they make it easy? I'm still annoyed by how in order to install Xenoblade X data to an hdd, you have to download the 15 gig from the Internet. WHEN THE FRIGGIN DATA IS ON THE DISC!!

The game is completely rebalanced, cross-save wouldn't work. Characters that were previously DLC, as well as all the new characters are worked into the story and adventure modes in ways that the Wii U version did not have and support.

It's basically a whole new game, and they're throwing the early adopters a bone by giving the Wii U version any DLC at all.

The game is completely rebalanced, cross-save wouldn't work. Characters that were previously DLC, as well as all the new characters are worked into the story and adventure modes in ways that the Wii U version did not have and support.

It's basically a whole new game, and they're throwing the early adopters a bone by giving the Wii U version any DLC at all.

At least the option to transfer materials and rupees would be ideal since some of the material grinding was really bad in the Wii U version, and the 3DS version will be worse because there's more different types of things to collect.

IzzyF3

There's an argument to be made that they could have patched the Wii U version with all the differences as Street Fighter 4 allowed through $15 upgrades. But I don't expect this level of support normally. Fair enough.

I didn't know the new characters are work into the main story. Now I'm looking forward to replaying the story.

Berordn

At least the option to transfer materials and rupees would be ideal since some of the material grinding was really bad in the Wii U version, and the 3DS version will be worse because there's more different types of things to collect.

Now that I agree with. It would've been nice for the two to have some sort of functionality.

There's an argument to be made that they could have patched the Wii U version with all the differences as Street Fighter 4 allowed through $15 upgrades. But I don't expect this level of support normally. Fair enough.

I didn't know the new characters are work into the main story. Now I'm looking forward to replaying the story.

To be clear, they're not part of the main story (but all the main story missions are reworked to make use of a couple of new features anyway), since Linkle and Tetra have their own small arcs separate from the main line, similar to Cia's story in the Wii U version. These make heavy use of new features and maps that aren't in the Wii U version at all.

Top Bottom