• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

moozoom

No, I had checked that, It just lists the Wii u code. I had thought I might have to use the same code to get the theme on the 3ds but I gave that to my nephew so it would be invalid now. Oh well, It's not that important.

Bought the digital version yesterday at 1am, and I can't seem to find the theme code as well. (French e-shop) I will check the receipt again but I'm pretty sure to not have missed it. The code for the Wii U characters worked perfectly.

Also I really like the switching mechanic for the characters, makes traversal of the map easier when a spider pops up and one of the other characters is closer than you are. Also helps for conquering some distant enemy bases and such. Didn't play too much yet, but quite happy with the purchase. I will probably play much more on the 3DS than on the WiiU, my gaming schedule doesn't let me play on home console that much.

OverQ

Is the DLC code that comes with the Legends for the Wii U content going to be available to buy at some point? I won't be buying the 3DS version but I'd like to get hold of the Wii U DLC.

edit: just found out that this DLC will apparently be available to buy for Wii U owners 'this summer'.

I got the chance to play this a bit early, and am quite impressed with how it works on a N3DSXL. It runs really well, the cel-shaded graphics are good and pop, and it's actually more fun than the Wii U version. Somehow. Either that, or I'm more tolerant.

I got bored of the Wii U version pretty quickly, and have already progressed further in this one. I'm at the Seer's Woods or something. But it still says Prologue, which worries me, because I don't want to spend tens of hours playing this game.

I'm not a musou fan and can only stomach it in small doses.

EDIT: I won't be using my code, but it's NA region.

TheMoon

Is the DLC code that comes with the Legends for the Wii U content going to be available to buy at some point? I won't be buying the 3DS version but I'd like to get hold of the Wii U DLC.

edit: just found out that this DLC will apparently be available to buy for Wii U owners 'this summer'.

there's a big ass DLC overview post covering this in the OP, just FYI.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
If anyone wants to give away (or sell) their Wii U DLC code, do let me know -- I have no interest in getting the portable version, but...

OverQ

there's a big ass DLC overview post covering this in the OP, just FYI.

Indeed, I realise that now. I wasn't fully aware of what was included with which DLC. Sucks to have to wait until summer but never mind! If anyone is selling a UK/EU code I might be interested.

edit: got a code courtesy of Baloonatic, thanks a lot!!

eXistor

I'm not sure I'm gonna finish the game. To be honest I bought it more as part of my Zelda collection and I already played the WiiU games for ungodly amounts of time, but it's definitely a good version of the game and the additions are more than welcome. They might as well have made it a N3DS exclusive though and not have bothered with 3D at all, because the low framerate kills the game. On N3DS and 3D off it's fine.

I'll be preloading the digital version when I get home after work, I assume I'll get the Wii U dlc code on the receipt then? If anyone wants to throw a $10 eShop code my way for it, I'd be down for that (price of the character pack is listed as $12.99 in the OP).

I'm in NA.

EDIT: claimed.

B00TE

Very tempted to just jump right into Adventure mode right off the bat. Which ever gets me playing Linkle/the new character fastest.

Wonder if they'll up the level cap again past 99 for the new dlc maps.

Very tempted to just jump right into Adventure mode right off the bat. Which ever gets me playing Linkle/the new character fastest.

Wonder if they'll up the level cap again past 99 for the new dlc maps.

Play through the story if you want the new characters. Linkle is available after finishing the third stage.

B00TE

Play through the story if you want the new characters. Linkle is available after finishing the third stage.

Oh cool, thanks.

Reading the impressions is making me more hype, it's gonna be hard to sleep and I've got to wake up early anyway but still... Time to play SW4 Empires to pass the time. HNNNNG

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Once I set a character to go somewhere with Command, I can't figure out how to cancel it and let them return to normal AI. I don't want to keep directing them because I find it kind of annoying. Is there a way of resuming normal AI?

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Is the stuff locked behind Amiibo exclusive to them?

No, there is nothing locked behind amiibo. They just generate a random item (rupee, material, weapon). In the original game, the Spinner was exclusive to the Link amiibo, but I believe it's now integrated into the game in Legends.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No, there is nothing locked behind amiibo. They just generate a random item (rupee, material, weapon). In the original game, the Spinner was exclusive to the Link amiibo, but I believe it's now integrated into the game in Legends.

Thanks! Probably gonna grab the game then. I have no Amiibo and don't want to buy them.

Played a couple of levels, and I'm impressed at how well it runs on the New 3DS with 3D switched off.

I do wish it was possible to customise the controls, but that's a minor conplaint, and I'm sure I'll get used to them.

I can see this overtaking the Wii U one as my go-to version.

Anybody with a New 3DS but no Wii U needs to buy this; it's easily one of the best games on 3DS.

I still think it should have been a New 3DS exclusive though. I tried playing with the 3D on for a few seconds and it ran like shit; I can't imagine how bad it is on the old 3DS. I'd be pissed off if I bought it and it ran that badly.

By the way, does anybody know if characters earn XP and level up when the computer is controlling them? Or do you have to be racking up the kills yourself? I really hope it's the former, as levelling up characters in the Wii U version took ages, and there's now more of them than ever.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I do wish it was possible to customise the controls, but that's a minor conplaint, and I'm sure I'll get used to them.

By the way, does anybody know if characters earn XP and level up when the computer is controlling them? Or do you have to be racking up the kills yourself? I really hope it's the former, as levelling up characters in the Wii U version took ages, and there's now more of them than ever.

I haven't tried it, but looking at my copy, I'm pretty sure you can do it. From the main menu: Settings > Controller Settings > Button Settings > Customize Controls.

To your question: Unfortunately, I think the answer is no. That said, so far, they're leveling up pretty quickly. I don't remember it being THIS fast in the original, but perhaps it'll slow down quite a bit soon.

I hate that the preload icon on the 3DS says it's ready to go when it's not. I keep trying to load it in some vague hope that they release it a little early... q.q

I need me some rebalanced WARRIORS.

OmegaFax

Is the season pass for the Wii U version on the receipt as a code? Just want to know because I'm splitting it with someone and wanted to make sure.

Kyari

I picked this up today and it is KILLING me that I can't zoom out the Adventure map like on the Wii U to show the entire thing. Also are the Wii U DLC adventure maps not in or unlocked later or? Can't find a way to access those right now.

Velcro Fly

Got this coming from Best Buy tomorrow

Just started my spring break off from work.

Looking forward to diving in to all the content. I really didn't dabble too much with the adventure maps in the Wii U version

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I picked this up today and it is KILLING me that I can't zoom out the Adventure map like on the Wii U to show the entire thing. Also are the Wii U DLC adventure maps not in or unlocked later or? Can't find a way to access those right now.

From the OP:

- Adventure maps are completely reworked. First map will unlock all the characters. Second map is the Great Sea which will unlock level 2 weapons for all characters and some costumes. Third map is the Master Quest map which gives you level 3 weapons and more costumes. Don't know specifics about the other two maps.

I can't say for sure, but I read that as saying it's sequential to some degree. I believe all the DLC maps from the Wii U version are included.

MrPanic

I'm really enjoying this game. The game runs great on N3ds and the changes they made gameplay-wise definitely make for a more enjoyable game. I'm glad to be playing this again.

Is the season pass for the Wii U version on the receipt as a code? Just want to know because I'm splitting it with someone and wanted to make sure.
The in-game shop of HWL mentions you'll get a downloadcode for the WiiU content. I think it's safe to assume the code will be on the receipt as that always seems the case with Nintendo games, but it's definitely a separate code according to the shop's description.
I can't say for sure, but I read that as saying it's sequential to some degree. I believe all the DLC maps from the Wii U version are included.

I read somewhere you have to beat the map before you unlock the next adventure map. Beating the map meaning you beat the square on the map that has the final battle of that map. I can't confirm if that's true, but with that weapon unlock progression it makes a lot of sense that it works like that.

Nia

Pclr56t.jpg

My Fairy is one of the things I wish was on the Wii U version. I'm a sucker for customization like that.

Richie

I sank more than 200 hours in the Wii U version already...

Seeing the positive impressions on the N3DS are making me reconsider my stance of passing on this, annoyed that I couldn't buy the extra content for the console...But there's a part of me that's convinced they're gonna do an ultra edition for the NX or something, with all of the 3DS' additions in HD, and just....Argh! Nintendo's gonna end up with my money aren't they :(

RpgN

Is this a good game for pick-up and play sessions? I already picked a copy but am afraid to start the game due to the possibility of not being able to play it in short bursts. Say about...30-40 minutes a day, short missions, can save quickly, leave the game easily and come back to it etc.

Is this a good game for pick-up and play sessions? I already picked a copy but am afraid to start the game due to the possibility of not being able to play it in short bursts. Say about...30-40 minutes a day, short missions, can save quickly, leave the game easily and come back to it etc.

Pretty much perfect for that, each story mission takes about 20-30 minutes and adventure mode can be less but rarely more per stage. You can save mid-level as well if you really need to.

fernoca

There's a code to transfer the new characters from the 3DS version, but no season pass. The new season pass is only for the 3DS version and the characters will be sold for the Wii U version.

TheMoon

There's a code to transfer the new characters from the 3DS version, but no season pass. The new season pass is only for the 3DS version and the characters will be sold for the Wii U version.

There is a season pass for Wii U. The thing you wanted to say is that nothing besides the characters/weapons will be released for Wii U.

RpgN

Pretty much perfect for that, each story mission takes about 20-30 minutes and adventure mode can be less but rarely more per stage. You can save mid-level as well if you really need to.

That sounds perfect. Thanks!

I bought the Wii U version but haven't had the chance to play it. The 3DS version could be the ideal way to play a game like Hyrule Warriors with the amount of content it has in short bursts. Especially after a long day.

Ok, I put in the codes for the extra characters for the Wii U version and they don't show up in the game. Does Nintendo still have to do the update on the Wii U version to use them?

The extra characters are installed already just to be sure...

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ok, I put in the codes for the extra characters for the Wii U version and they don't show up in the game. Does Nintendo still have to do the update on the Wii U version to use them?

The extra characters are installed already just to be sure...

There was an update (1.8.0) yesterday. Make sure that's installed.

Razmos

I forgot how annoying Volga is to fight, just completely failed A rank on a level because he kept spamming the same defence breaking attack over and over and wouldn't expose his weak point at all, and when he does it is for a split second. Ended up taking too much damage from the defence breaking and failed. So annoying. The fight dragged on forever too.

There was an update (1.8.0) yesterday. Make sure that's installed.

The update came out on Wednesday.

Do I have to install the update from the eshop or something? Because I restarted the game a couple of times already and it doesn't do an update (and I have online access, cause I can to the e-shop without problems, so that wouldn't be the problem). I figured the other updates were done automaticly when you started the game, so...

Golnei

Niko costume for Toon Link:

Aryll costume for Lana:

The Lana recolour is just as repulsive as everything else surrounding her, but I really like Toon Link's Niko texture. It'd have been a reasonable choice for a Smash Bros. alt, actually.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Do I have to install the update from the eshop or something? Because I restarted the game a couple of times already and it doesn't do an update (and I have online access, cause I can to the e-shop without problems, so that wouldn't be the problem). I figured the other updates were done automaticly when you started the game, so...

The WiiU is a bit....fickle when it comes to updates. Usually you have to specifically go online somewhere first (like the eShop or the in-game adventure mode) for it to find the update. Then, when you restart the game it should prompt for the update.

Top Bottom