• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends |OT| Linkle, Linkle, Little Star.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm so horribly excited for the DLC on Wii U. This was my surprise hit in 2014.

I actually rushed to turn on my Wii U and order it - hadn't noticed the availability was so far away. :(

As someone who owns Pokkén and a fuckton of amiibos I'm entirely on board with the 5 amiibo a day limit. It means you don't have to sit there every day reading 30 god damned amiibos without feeling like you're missing out on something.

If there were no limit, you still wouldn't "have to". You could simply choose to. And you're still "missing out" now; it's just forced upon you.

And considering that there are now 6 specific amiibos that grant 3-star weapons or above, the fact that you can only scan 5 a day is shit.

hamchan

I feel it's a real shame most of the additions aren't being added to the Wii U version. Of course they have to give a reason to buy the game on 3DS but man, it looks rough compared to what I'm used to on the Wii U and what I've already put dozens of hours into.

I feel it's a real shame most of the additions aren't being added to the Wii U version. Of course they have to give a reason to buy the game on 3DS but man, it looks rough compared to what I'm used to on the Wii U and what I've already put dozens of hours into.

Surely the new maps make use of 3DS specific features like character switching in mid combat. I'm frankly surprised the Wii U is getting as much of the new content as it is.

TheMoon

I've only played the very first mission but I have to say, the character switching alone is worth it.

Almyn

How do I get the theme? All I got on for buying the digital copy was a code for the wii u characters.
The game is pretty good tbh, It's not much of a looker but it's fun all the same. I was unsure if I would enjoy this or not. Playing on a new 3ds, Thankfully.

How do I get the theme? All I got on for buying the digital copy was a code for the wii u characters.
The game is pretty good tbh, It's not much of a looker but it's fun all the same. I was unsure if I would enjoy this or not. Playing on a new 3ds, Thankfully.

I think the theme codes are usually on your 3DS digital receipt.

Almyn

I think the theme codes are usually on your 3DS digital receipt.

No, I had checked that, It just lists the Wii u code. I had thought I might have to use the same code to get the theme on the 3ds but I gave that to my nephew so it would be invalid now. Oh well, It's not that important.

No, I had checked that, It just lists the Wii u code. I had thought I might have to use the same code to get the theme on the 3ds but I gave that to my nephew so it would be invalid now. Oh well, It's not that important.

My digital receipt has two codes listed on it. The second code is further down on the receipt. Are you in the US?

Almyn

My digital receipt has two codes listed on it. The second code is further down on the receipt. Are you in the US?

Nope. UK. I just checked again and it only lists one for the wii U. Weird. I'll contact Nintendo via email and see why it is missing.

Kureransu

Just wanted to verify where the proper code begging thread is for people with no desire to buy the Wii U version and are willing to part with their code. I'm looking for a NA one.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I really want this game. Never played a musou before, but it seems very fun. Think I'll wait for some more opinions before grabbing it, but right now I'm very tempted.

georly

I was initially mad that I couldn't transfer saves, but now I'm just ready to do it all again, I guess.

Can't wait for my copy tomorrow.

I was initially mad that I couldn't transfer saves, but now I'm just ready to do it all again, I guess.

Can't wait for my copy tomorrow.

I was pissed about that for a long time until I recently discovered that the reason for that is because Adventure Mode is structured completely differently (for the better), so that just wouldn't be possible. Though I suppose they could have let you transfer character levels, rupees, and materials over.

I'm surprised how well this plays on the (new)3DS.

FPS is even better than the WiiU version I think.

Linkle is cool, just did the first mission. Also love that she has her own version of the Zelda theme song.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So the Wii U version is getting all the same DLC? Did Nintendo change their mind?

Nothing has changed, think they are just selling the same stuff that transfers over with a 3DS game purchase for those that just want to stick to the Wii U version.

That stuff is just costumes and weapons really from each of the season pass packs, the 3DS exclusive maps and whatnot still remain 3DS exclusive, but at least this allows Wii U owners the chance to own the extras without buying the 3DS port separately.

georly

I was pissed about that for a long time until I recently discovered that the reason for that is because Adventure Mode is structured completely differently (for the better), so that just wouldn't be possible. Though I suppose they could have let you transfer character levels, rupees, and materials over.

Yeah, that's my main worry - will I be willing to grind again? Am I even going to bother playing the new characters/maps on Wii U?

Would be nice if once you reached end game you could transfer levels, but oh well. I'll see how long this keeps me entertained. Wii U got me to clock in about 130 hours and I didn't even touch the last bit of dlc.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I heard at some point that Legends has been rebalanced with a Level 99 cap in mind for its Adventure Maps. Is this true?

Phoenixus

Loving this version. The portability, character switching, and what I believe to be a more streamlined adventure mode layout was easily worth the dosh.

Potentially dumb question for anyone else that has got up to this point as well. The adventure map square that has one of those 'my fairy' elements somewhere, where the bloomin heck is it? Is there a chest I missed? :/

Dreavus

It's tempting, but my lack of a new 3ds and an unfortunate lack of save transferring (it's understandable with the all the changes), I think I'll have to stick with the Wii U version. I'm just happy we're getting the characters!

Switching and commanding your captains around sounds like an element this game was missing though! I always thought they should be more capable than they are currently in the Wii U version.

Razmos

So medli is out tomorrow for everyone?
No, Medli is released alongside the first DLC of the season pass.

Anyway, just started playing and it tickles me that Zelda and Impa are like "Dark times are coming, we must locate the hero of legend" and they just walk outside and its like "Oh, there he is"

mjc

It really looks pretty shitty, but I have a N3DS and I'm willing to give this version a shot if the gameplay is better than the Wii U version...hmm.

Jackano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtIkgD6YI9Q&feature=youtu.be

Linkle's full theme by your fellow gaffer.
Occurs that she unlocks after
3 chapters
. I have read a wrong report about that a while ago, so I could have done this earlier with the japanese version I own. I let you down, sorry waifu :(

Her theme have variations for the title theme as an intro, the Hyrule Field / overworld one, and Link's Crossbow Training main theme after a while. Pretty cool.

Morts

On the one hand this looks pretty repetitive and even tedious, but on the other hand it says Zelda on it and I have a couple of flights coming up... Hmm.

MiTYH

I played through all of the WiiU game and loved it, did some adventure mode but not oo much. I don't WANT to have to buy this, but... so much content, and I love my 3ds. This might have to be a digital buy, and maybe get all that sweet DLC too...

DAMN YOU NINTENDO!

TheMoon

On the one hand this looks pretty repetitive and even tedious, but on the other hand it says Zelda on it and I have a couple of flights coming up... Hmm.

It does actually not say Zelda on it unless you buy the Japanese one :p

Junahu

Loving this version. The portability, character switching, and what I believe to be a more streamlined adventure mode layout was easily worth the dosh.

Potentially dumb question for anyone else that has got up to this point as well. The adventure map square that has one of those 'my fairy' elements somewhere, where the bloomin heck is it? Is there a chest I missed? :/
My Fairy characters and food unlocks are found inside the pots inside bases (the dull yellow ones that usually just give you some rupees). There's no indication of which pot is the right one, so just smash them all until you see a fairy bottle or a food satchel pop out of one.

My Fairy clothing is found inside chests like everything else.

Bankoiia

I've been playing the game for nine hours already and I love this version of the game. In all honesty, the character swapping alone makes it a much more fun experience when compared to the Wii U version.

Also, the framerate is on par with the console game on n3DS, which is above and beyond what I expected out of it.

Phoenixus

My Fairy characters and food unlocks are found inside the pots inside bases (the dull yellow ones that usually just give you some rupees). There's no indication of which pot is the right one, so just smash them all until you see a fairy bottle or a food satchel pop out of one.

My Fairy clothing is found inside chests like everything else.

Ah, thank you! I assumed that it would be in a chest going by its positioning on the rewards screen of the adventure map. :/

Top Bottom