• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hypothetical announcements that would make you lose your sh*t!

Has an announcement ever deeply saddened youzmade angry?

• Total voters
This thread idea is in the same vein as the established 'post your controversial opinion'-thread. Except here we post hypothetical announcements that would be so *bad* that, as per title, would make us lose our shit.

You're free to post stuff relating to this year or general announcements that could happen anytime and would annoy/break you anyway. Edit: ofc you can also post real announcements that made you lose it.

I'll start:

- If Xenoblade Chronicles DE releases in June (or even later), I'll destroy something

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
For the poll: My biggest disappointment was when Banjo: Nuts & Bolts turned out to be something entirely different from a platforming game. Also BotW running after the garbage open world trend was a terrible announcement as well.

mcz117chief

I don't think so, I was definitely disappointed with many announcements but not angry. I am, however, interested in other people's experiences. I'm pretty sure Diablo Immortal will be mentioned frequently, that game's announcement flipped many tables.

OP reminds of D.Final except replace FF with the Xenoblade series.
Xenogears is the best one though
5wZdQMI.png

Bakkus

Paper Mario Color Trash announcement.

Edit: Misunderstood the thread. Let's just say another one in the series ollowing the footsteps of SS and CS.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Recently i would say IW announcing that the survival mode in MW would be a timed 1 year exclusive made my blood boil.

aside from that the biggest announcement to leave me distraught was the xbox one reveal back in 2013

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If Square Enix hands NieR IP to western developers same way Konami did with Silent Hill games.

ZOqwLQx.png

....will never forgive!

Last edited:

molasar

Banned
Anita Sarkeesian becoming CEO of CD Projekt RED and announcing Xena: Warrior Princess as their new open world action RPG.

Not really angry but surprised.

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I was pretty pissed about the last minute Rayman delay on Wii U. The game was ready, then they pushed it out a year to appease the other platform holders while they worked on those versions for a simultaneous launch on all systems.

Any game where they change something in all versions to appeal to the sensibilities of a foriegn market. The changes could be appealing to the social justice crowd, religious institutions, or foreign governments. All that matters is the original vision is compromised to the point that not even the developer's home region can experience it as intended.

Rodolink

A main Zelda entry with subscription based online elements (mmo).
Or a main Zelda entry on Mobile.

And lastly if they didn't get rid of weapon degradation for BoW2. I'll get very mad....

xiseerht

At the time when I heard that Rare was only going to make Kinect games only . That was hard pill to swallow . Every year that goes by and I still don't have a third game in the Chrono Trigger / Cross games

Last edited:

qiqiqiiq

I was kinda angry but mostly dissapointed when I found out that Cyberpunk was going to be a 1st person game, I've never been a fan of 1st person games for as long as I can remember, only some fps multiplayer games catch my eye every now and then (3rd person executions/assassinations being a requirement in those games), but for single player adventures I only play 3rd person games.

Top Bottom