• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How would you feel if Sony brought back Syphon Filter or SOCOM for the PlayStation 5? Would we see a resurgence of third-person shooters?

93xfan

Banned
If MS can do Halo Master Chief Collection, then a Socom 2 MP remaster is the least they can do.
But we’ve been asking for years....

aclar00

Just remake SoCOM 1 and 2 multiple without changing the mechanic's too much...i didnt care for the over the shoulder view on SOCOM ps3....always felt like the characters body was in the one. From what j can remember, the game also felt sluggishbin terms of movement.

Gargus

Banned
I'd like to see syphon filter remade ala ff7 where it's the original but newish. Then for them to do new stuff with the sequels.

Never got into socom a lot.

Old Retro

I loved the first Syphon Filters. Part 2 was my Y2K multiplayer GOTY that game was soooo good! Ragdoll physics, gotta love em.

The last game I remember was the PSP version, which was kinda shitty.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I loved the first Syphon Filters. Part 2 was my Y2K multiplayer GOTY that game was soooo good! Ragdoll physics, gotta love em.

The last game I remember was the PSP version, which was kinda shitty.

Syphon FIlter PSP is good, man.

Anyway it's a series that could definitely work these days. No open world shit but bigger levels, more emphasis on dynamic AI and cool gadgets mixed with action, etc.

Top Bottom