• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about each companies upcoming exclusives?

I’d be curious to know what the criteria is for an exclusive. Xbox list included an exclusive indie game like The Gunk but doesn’t mention any of the most popular exclusive indies for Playstation like Little Devil Inside, Stray, Solar Ash, FNAF: Security Breach.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is a 3-month timed exclusive if Im not mistaken, revealed by the Apple vs Epic stuff. Deathloop is a timed exclusive as well for PS5. So if timed exclusives are included I don’t see why any of the games you or I mentioned shouldn’t be.
In my opinion timed exclusives shouldn't be in the list at all.

For Xbox at least Stalker 2 is just timed, probably a few more.
For PS KOTOR, Deathloop, Ghost Wire Tokyo and Forspoken are just timed and Project Eve is not exclusive at all (afaik).

Your mentioned Little Devil Inside, Stray and FNAF: Security Breach are also just timed exclusives.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
American RPG's are better.
no-nooo.gif

FROM (Souls), TecmoKoei (Nioh), SE (Dragon Quest), Atlus (Persona, SMT). The glory days of American RPG developers has long passed.

MonarchJT

Banned
90% of playstation games are basically the same genre......the variety of the Ms lineup wins hands down. Plus they are more than double the competition and every game will end up being dayone "freely" * on game pass. The MS acquisitions once these first two years of suffering have passed, will show their muscles

ps. death loop and ghost wire they are timed and will end up on Xbox

Last edited:
American RPG's are better. If i wanna grind to little girls in armor fighting monsters Id just watch some hentai.

no-nooo.gif

FROM (Souls), TecmoKoei (Nioh), SE (Dragon Quest), Atlus (Persona, SMT). The glory days of American RPG developers has long passed.
Souls is getting old and true JRPG's like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are beyond over. Bethesda and say Rockstar are not exactly past their Glory days. JRPG's are just too grindy and cringe.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Souls is getting old and true JRPG's like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are beyond over. Bethesda and say Rockstar are not exactly past their Glory days.

Bethesda's last good RPG was Morrowind. Rockstar doesn't make RPGs. If you are going to call Souls games "old", Bethesda and Rockstar designs tenants have been six feet under for decades.

p.s. Final Fantasy is trash.

Bethesda's last good RPG was Morrowind. Rockstar doesn't make RPGs. If you are going to call Souls games "old", Bethesda and Rockstar designs tenants have been six feet under for decades.

They are all getting old and boring to me. I'm hoping Bethesda/Rockstars next mainline titles will be exciting since they are taking so many years to make.

bender

What time is it?
They are all getting old and boring to me. I'm hoping Bethesda/Rockstars next mainline titles will be exciting since they are taking so many years to make.

I don't have hopes for Bethesda. TES continues to dumb down their game play system. I don't have much hope for R* either. Missions designs were best in GTA3 because you could use the open world to your advantage and that was seemingly a mistake, as that's been absent from their games ever since.

DeepSpace5D

In my opinion timed exclusives shouldn't be in the list at all.

For Xbox at least Stalker 2 is just timed, probably a few more.
For PS KOTOR, Deathloop, Ghost Wire Tokyo and Forspoken are just timed and Project Eve is not exclusive at all (afaik).

Your mentioned Little Devil Inside, Stray and FNAF: Security Breach are also just timed exclusives.
Could be the OP’s intention to include timed exclusives, just forgot a bunch on the PS side. If we’re going to include them , may as well include them all.

Personally I feel that timed exclusives for a matter of months is hardly worth mentioning despite technically being exclusive for a period of time. I don’t have a problem listing a game like Forspoken with its noticeably long exclusivity window of a minimum 24 months.

Damigos

Before someone judges me,
I like a lot the fact that exclusives exist as they are supposed to be the reason to prefer one console / pc to the other. Especially since specs are so close among them.
I personally prefer the PS ones, as the games are exactly my taste

Could be the OP’s intention to include timed exclusives, just forgot a bunch on the PS side. If we’re going to include them , may as well include them all.

Personally I feel that timed exclusives for a matter of months is hardly worth mentioning despite technically being exclusive for a period of time. I don’t have a problem listing a game like Forspoken with its noticeably long exclusivity window of a minimum 24 months.
I agree with Forspoken. But the deal is really weird, 24 months are an unusual long time and it almost sounds like Sony has an option to completely buy it out if it's successful enough. Guess metacritic will decide wether it's more than 24 months or Game Pass day1 :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

reksveks

j36QFlX.png

Send me corrections and missing games if you want, or you can update the sheet yourselves.

Off to go post some mail in Lake

how can you not be after the E3 showings we have had? What next gen game are you looking forward to?

You and I spent what 3 years in the next gen spec threads over at era? How many different possibilities did we discuss when it came to the CPU and SSD enhancements? Did you see a single game that took advantage of the CPU and the SSD at the Sony, MS and third party conferences? Spiderman 2 is over 24 months away. What Sony first party games are going to take advantage of the PS5 I/O in the meantime?

In retrospect, it was a gigantic waste of time that thread. And the first three years of this gen are going to be an even bigger waste of time. Same games we have been playing since 2005. How can you not be miserable?

Because the situation is not that bad.

Cross-gen games were always gonna be a fixture during the early part of a new gen of consoles, and this gen's cross-gen phase has mostly been artificially extended due to the chip shortage as well as the impact of COVID.

It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world.

So far on PS5 at least, I've played a small handful of games with mind-blowing, easily next-gen visuals in R&C:ARA and Demon's Souls. GOW:R will melt faces (mark my words), and Horizon:FW is the best looking game shown to date.

For me, if the aforementioned current best-looking titles are a taste of what's to come considering they're early cross-gen titles, hamstrung by having to support PS4, then you can bet your ass future games using UE5-level rendering tech and taking more advantage of the SSD and I/O will mean we're in for a real treat.

If those games take longer to arrive, then so be it. They'll just be ever sweeter by the time they do.

Patience is a virtue.

In the meantime, you can't tell me there's nothing to play? There is still a huge swathe of games released as well as fresh on the horizon, that while not next-gen are still great games. Stop focussing so much on tech, and just enjoy playing games for a while. When the big guns do drop, you'll be in a way better headspace to actually enjoy them.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
To be honest people need all the consoles, we are spoiled by the games that are around the corner and if you stick to one console you will miss out on some really great games

MonarchJT

Banned

from games are very divisive or you love or you completely hate them ....and honestly yes, they are getting really fast repetitive (as a genre)

levyjl1988

Banned
Xbox has:

• Scorn - NOT INTERESTED
  • Fable - Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Avowed - Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Halo Infinite - Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Forza Motorsport - NOT INTERESTED
  • State of Decay 3 - NOT INTERESTED
  • Everwild - Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • As Dusk Falls - NOT INTERESTED
  • Project Mara - NOT INTERESTED
  • Age of Empires IV - NOT INTERESTED
  • Hellblade 2 - Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • The Gunk - NOT INTERESTED
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - NOT INTERESTED
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - NOT INTERESTED
  • Crossfire X - NOT INTERESTED
  • Starfield - Excited for
  • Redfall NOT INTERESTED
  • Forza 5 - NOT INTERESTED
  • Contraband - NOT INTERESTED
  • The outer worlds 2 -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Indiana Jones??? -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • ES6 - Excited for
  • Perfect Dark -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.

Playstation has:

• KOTOR - Excited for
  • Spiderman2 - Excited for
  • GOW2 - Excited for
  • Wolverine - Excited for
  • FF16 - meh
  • Forspoken - Excited for
  • Horizion Forbidden West - meh, it's all woke and Alloy got fat, so...
  • Project Eve - NOT INTERESTED
  • GT7 - NOT INTERESTED
  • Deathloop - NOT INTERESTED
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo - NOT INTERESTED
Nintendo Has:

• Metroid dread -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • super mario party allstars -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • SMT V :messenger_heart: - NOT INTERESTED
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Splatoon 3 -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Pokemon Arceus -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Mario + Rabids - NOT INTERESTED
  • BOTW II - Excited for
  • Bayonetta 3 -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
  • Metroid Prime 4 -Gonna buy it, not sure if going to invest and play it.
Most of these games are going to buy and add to the gaming collection, and maybe put it on my growing backlog.
It's hard to find games that will want me to invest time into the game, so far Tales of Arise, have been hitting check boxes, such a masterpiece.

teezzy

Banned
I just hope as many of them hit PC as possible. I dont own any modern consoles, and don't necessarily plan on changing that any time soon.

Top Bottom