• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about each companies upcoming exclusives?

After Playstation showcase we have an idea of what each company has coming announced for the next coming years. How do you feel about each companies upcoming line up?

Xbox has:

• Scorn
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Project Mara
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Hellblade 2
  • The Gunk
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Crossfire X
  • Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Forza 5
  • Contraband
  • The outer worlds 2
  • Indiana Jones???
  • ES6
  • Perfect Dark

Playstation has:

• KOTOR
  • Spiderman2
  • GOW2
  • Wolverines
  • FF16
  • Forspoken
  • Horizion Forbidden West
  • Project Eve
  • GT7
  • Deathloop
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo
Nintendo Has:

• Metroid dread
  • super mario party allstars
  • SMT V :messenger_heart:
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
  • Splatoon 3
  • Pokemon Arceus
  • Mario + Rabids
  • BOTW II
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Metroid Prime 4

Last edited:
Obviously Nintendo wins by a landslide. Next is Xbox and then Playstation.

Bad time to be a PlayStation fan.
Disagree, i think Nintendos line up is by far the weakest if you didn't grow up on nintendos games. playstation is kind of giving you what you expect but I'm probably going to buy them all lol.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
tumblr_orpm6nQryi1ultjoto2_400.gifv

HTK

Banned
Having a diverse genre covered is one thing, delivering quality Triple A is another.

I'm excited for both Microsoft and Sony IPs tbh.

i feel like we got a couple good games coming.

Starfield/State of Decay 3/Forza/Elder Scrolls/Stalker 2
God of War 2/Horizon 2/wolverine
Metroid Dread/Bayonetta 3/Metroid Prime 4/Splatoon 3/BOTW 2

Fbh

As of now I'm still way more into what Sony has to offer.

Both Horizon and God of War look great and they feel like real games that have shown gameplay and are coming within the next 12 months.

Ms has a bunch of interesting stuff but all the actual (not timed) exclusives I'm really interested in like Avowed, Fable and Hellblade are in some limbo where they might release at some point....within the next five years....maybe.

Same with Switch. Of the stuff I want only BoTW2 has a vague 2022 date. Prime 4 and Bayonetta 3 have been MIA since they got announced and at this point I expect them both to be cross gen games that will look and run much better on the Switch 2.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Same way you guys get excited for new Mass Effect, Witcher or Elder Scroll, to me Shin Megami Tensei is that game, so for me that makes Nintendo lineup automatically much more exciting than the rest.

Mario + Rabbits 2, Bayonetta 3, BoTW 2 and Advance War are bonus.

Not gonna lie, all consoles have a great lineup, it's been a long time that each company has a list of must buy titles coming out in a few years.

But I would argue this year belongs to Xbox and Nintendo because they got big Fall/Winter titles coming this year while Sony doesn't really have much, not until February with Horizon 2

Woopah

It's tricky to tell due to the different announcement strategies companies take. With Xbox we probably already know almost all their first party 2022 line up and a decent chunk of their 2023 and 2024 line up.

Whereas 2/3 of Nintendo's 2022 line up is currently unannounced.

Also those lists need to be updated. PlayStation is missing GT7 and Ghostwire while Nintendo is missing Brain Academy, Triangle Strategy, Warioware, Advance Wars Reboot Camp, Rune Factory 5 and probably others I'm forgetting right now. I imagine the Nintendo one and maybe PlayStation will look more robust after the Direct and TGS.

Last edited:

KAL2006

Banned
After Playstation showcase we have an idea of what each company has coming announced for the next coming years. How do you feel about each companies upcoming line up?

Xbox has:

• Scorn - who?
  • Fable - fable 3 was shit, legends got cancelled so why should we be excited for this
  • Avowed - CG shit, Devs last few games were average at best
  • Halo Infinite - Halo 4 was shit, 5 was shit and campaign showing was shit for Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport - zzzzzz these games are boring
  • State of Decay 3 - Looks generic
  • Everwild - They don't even have a gameplay concept ready why show this shit when you don't know what you are making
  • As Dusk Falls - who?
  • Project Mara - who?
  • Age of Empires IV - better on PC
  • Hellblade 2 - first revealed with series X yet no gameplay
  • The Gunk - who?
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - looks interesting
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - boring
  • Crossfire X - generic shooter number 30
  • Starfield - Fallout 4 was shit, the multiplayer one was shit, Bethesda haven't made a decent game in years and Skyrim aged like shit can they make a groundbreaking RPG anymore
  • Redfall - another GaaS shooter next
  • Forza 5 - zzzzzz
  • Contraband - who?
  • The outer worlds 2 - did people actually enjoy the last one and that trailer wa tongue in cheek by why announce shit so early
  • Indiana Jones??? - Last Wolfenstein game was shit, why should we expect these Devs to be able to make a decent Indiana Jones game
  • ES6 - is this coming out in my life and will it be like the jump from Fallout 3 to 4 if so then its gonna be shit
  • Perfect Dark - the developers what have they made before?

Playstation has:

• KOTOR - remake boring
  • Spiderman2 - Sony's first big AAA next gen only game is coming out in 2023 how dissapointing
  • GOW2 - Is this a remaster of the first one lol
  • Wolverines - CG but I'm interested
  • FF16 - Looked generic but I'll give it a chance
  • Forspoken - world looked empty and boring
  • Horizion Forbidden West - looks good but cross gen
  • Project Eve - this looks like a 7/10 game have these Devs made anything decent before
Nintendo Has:

• Metroid dread - indie games look bette than this
  • super mario party allstars - these have less content than the older gsmes
  • SMT V :messenger_heart: - meh
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl - Looks like a cheap fan made game, graphics are ugly as sin
  • Splatoon 3 - who asked for this sequel
  • Pokemon Arceus - Gamefreka continue to sell alot of games with shit graphics
  • Mario + Rabids - who asked for this
  • BOTW II - Decent
  • Bayonetta 3 - is this still coming lol
  • Metroid Prime 4 - same as above

Xbox since they still are the place for shooters and soon to be RPG's. KOTOR is only a timed exclusive for consoles and will be out on PC at launch btw.

Apocryphon

Given the amount of cross gen Sony games I'll be going in on XSX for the first half of the generation I think as I already have a PS4 Pro.

Also.. Quake. I have to believe it's coming.

Vagswarm

Xbox has me most excited by far, although I will be playing most of it on the PC. lol.

Halo, Avowed, Stalker 2, Starfield, and Elder Scrolls are the most anticipated. Fable is wait and see.

Otherwise I'm looking forward to Metroid (obviously) and Final Fantasy XVI. Don't own a PS5 (or Xbox X) though.

Xbox and Nintendo. This PS presentation just remembered me why I left the PS ecosystem a few years ago (recently bought a PS4 Pro again and I kinda regret it). They have some really good games but overall nothing excites me.

Loxus

Quality over quantity, even if that quantity is free day one.

No way in hell I'll pass up GoW or HFW over half that list.
Then Wolverine slaughters the other half. Not to mention Spider-Man 2.

Edit:
Sees Gran Turismo now.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Nintendos is abysmal lol. Not a single game I'd play from them.

Xbox looks good, but the quality of those games is up in the air. I dont trust them yet. Also a bunch of video gamey BS I dont care about.

The heavy hitter Playstation exclusives will all be sure fire GOTY contenders. Plus they have shit from Naughty Dog, the new studios, Sucker Punch, all being kept secret. So im going with them.

JLB

Banned
Of course its 100% subjective, but I wouldnt change those PS exclusives listed there for the ones in Xbox. Never in a million years.

edit: Also, there's definitely many missings on those lists OP. Gears to begin with.

Last edited:

Fbh

I thought were excited for SMT5.

Oh definitely.
It just didn't come to mind because I don't really see it as a "Nintendo" game since it's not really published or developed by them, same as I don't see Persona 5 as a "Sony" game

But I guess both count since they are indeed exclusive.

Last edited:

ButchCat

Xbox has:

• Scorn
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Project Mara
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Hellblade 2
  • The Gunk
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Crossfire X
  • Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Forza 5
  • Contraband
  • The outer worlds 2
  • Indiana Jones???
  • ES6
  • Perfect Dark

Playstation has:

• KOTOR
  • Spiderman2
  • GOW2
  • Wolverines
  • FF16
  • Forspoken
  • Horizion Forbidden West
  • Project Eve
  • GT7
  • Deathloop
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo
Nintendo Has:

• Metroid dread
  • super mario party allstars
  • SMT V :messenger_heart:
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
  • Splatoon 3
  • Pokemon Arceus
  • Mario + Rabids
  • BOTW II
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Metroid Prime 4

Games I'm intrigued by are not strikethrough.

I think everyone is using a different approach on the marketing side atm. Microsoft is comfortable showing games that are in 2022 or beyond whereas for Sony if it weren't for their "delays" their marketing has been very near future focused.

Top Bottom