• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about each companies upcoming exclusives?

catvonpee

I'm excited for everything from all three. But Nintendo wins in the immediate future with Metroid.

But I am really excited for a lot of MS stuff but it all seems so far away.

The wait for Starfield is unbearable... I also can't wait to see something about Indiana Jones.... I wish I had a time machine.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Satisfied but not blown away. Itā€™s hard to look at release dates without laughing nowadays though.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
im not gonna lie here, as a PS owner, i REALLY dont find Microsoft exclusive interesting, i guess thats why im a PS Fan.

I think most people already chose their preferred gaming platform because of the type of the games they preferred.

MadPanda

Banned
I'm not following Nintendo so won't comment on it, but both Xbox and PlayStation are good and appealing to me. Looking forward to having both consoles and playing almost all of those games over the next few years.

Nico_D

Playstation and Nintendo for me has equally strong lineups, scratching a slightly different itch. Very strong both.

I got XBSX two days ago. Love it but didn't get it for the exclusives which I have personally felt have always been the weakest of the three. Maybe time for a new Banjo and Viva Pinata?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

bth.gif

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
NOPE!!!! In SMT fashion you choose sides or reject both....... THERE IS NO BOTH HERE!!!
Rejecting both Microsoft and Sony does seem like the answer. After all Nintendo is giving us games that will release this year and won't suck.

Can't really compete with Nintendo's Ellen Ripley and NEON BLUE GRIFFITH.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
If timed exclusives are included OP forgot Kena in the ps list as wel as stray and lots of others like Jett the far shore, little devil inside and I think one of gaf most requested goodbye volcanoe high.

reksveks

Don't think so, the exclusives came at the end of the show and it nowhere said PS exlcusive.

Was announced in 2019 apparently and since it has been referred to as a multiplatform game including ps4/xbox one.

Trying to find a better source

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Halo, Perfect Dark, and Everwild (RIP for the time being) are the only games I'm really interested in from Xbox.

I want to be excited about SoD3, but the trailer kinda hinted that they might move away from the arcadeness of 1&2. Or maybe they won't, what do I know.

From the PS side, sadly nothing. Although they do have great games.
Nintendo has Metroid and SMT, but I don't own a Switch and probably won't anytime soon.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
As of now I'm still way more into what Sony has to offer.

Both Horizon and God of War look great and they feel like real games that have shown gameplay and are coming within the next 12 months.

Ms has a bunch of interesting stuff but all the actual (not timed) exclusives I'm really interested in like Avowed, Fable and Hellblade are in some limbo where they might release at some point....within the next five years....maybe.
Avowed, Fable and Hellblade are most likely coming out by 2023 at the latest. platform warring is a weird thing.

Riky

$MSFT
The breadth of genres Xbox are covering wipes the floor with Sony and Nintendo.

How the tables have turned.

It's pretty startling, they've got everything covered with AAA games, we've already had the likes of Gears Tactics, Flight Simulator and the most unique platformer in years with Psychonauts 2.

It's probably the greatest line up gaming has ever seen, Spencer has done an incredible job with both hardware, the vision of Gamepass and the variety of software.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have seen nothing from Sony, MS or Nintendo that makes me excited. Not a single thing. I see almost 50 games on your list, and nothing on it looks next gen or shows next gen gameplay or shows anything that blows me away.

I do see a lot of promise. MS has at least half a dozen games im interested in. Fable, Avowed, PD, Starfield could all be amazing but we have seen pretty much nothing. We dont know what tehy will play like or even look like. Aside from Starfield, i probably wont get to play these games until 2024.

Sony has so much cross gen stuff that i am not really sure what to make of it. I loved Horizon, GT7 and GOW back in the day but the sequels look too samey. Cant get excited. Spiderman 2 is two years away. Wolverine 3. The rest are all third party stuff i just dont care for. Its not why i buy PS consoles. Its not why im a sony fan. there is nothing for me for the next two years until spiderman 2 comes out.

Nintendo hasnt even shown metroid prime. dread looks fine, but cant get excited over 2d sidescrollers in 2021. botw looks ok i guess. And well, thats pretty much it.

Third parties are somehow in an even worse state. Bioware cant make games to save their lives. Activision and Ubisoft cant do anything right. This is by far the worst Ive felt about gaming since I started posting in forums back in 2000. the future looks bleak as fuck. this is not the industry i fell in love with at the dawn of the PS2, gamecube and xbox era when MGS2 looked a gen ahead of anything on the PS2. When Halo looked to have revolutionzed console shooters. When even Nintendo was making games that looked so goddamn amazing they outdid both Sony and MS's best offerings.

Now it's a race to the bottom. Who can make the most last gen looking game and I dont just mean in terms of graphics. I see nothing from these so called top tier first party devs that even hints at any kind of innovation.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That list is misleading

Age of Empires IV isn't coming to Xbox (not announced anyway)

Stalker 2, Darktide, KOTOR, and probably more are timed only console exclusives.

Hoppa

Don't care about any of the Xbox games except Forza but Series X is my first Xbox console so I'll definitely try all of them on gamepass if they're on.

PS I'm looking forward to Horizon, GoW and
Spiderman.. the rest ill ignore until they're close to release. Except Deathloop and Death Snoring. I have gone from not caring to actively avoiding them wherever possible.

Nintendo I'll play the PokƩmons and Mario Party.

Sonyā€™s lineup blows them out of the water. HFW, GOWR, Forespokenā€¦gonna be a crazy first half next year

still havenā€™t seen anything from MS that looks genuinely exciting, despite all the acquisitions. And Nintendo has BOTW2, which is huge, but then again BOTW1 is still the only real game thatā€™s been great on the Switch, very slim pickings

Well all three have mediocre upcoming exclusives, but Playstation definitely sucks the least for me. There's at least like two-three games that I'm looking forward to.

93xfan

Banned
Xbox and Nintendo. This PS presentation just remembered me why I left the PS ecosystem a few years ago (recently bought a PS4 Pro again and I kinda regret it). They have some really good games but overall nothing excites me.

I left the ecosystem late last gen too. Now only Socom could tempt me

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
After Playstation showcase we have an idea of what each company has coming announced for the next coming years. How do you feel about each companies upcoming line up?

Xbox has:

• Scorn
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Project Mara
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Hellblade 2
  • The Gunk
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Crossfire X
  • Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Forza 5
  • Contraband
  • The outer worlds 2
  • Indiana Jones???
  • ES6
  • Perfect Dark

Playstation has:

• KOTOR
  • Spiderman2
  • GOW2
  • Wolverines
  • FF16
  • Forspoken
  • Horizion Forbidden West
  • Project Eve
  • GT7
  • Deathloop
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo
Nintendo Has:

• Metroid dread
  • super mario party allstars
  • SMT V :messenger_heart:
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
  • Splatoon 3
  • Pokemon Arceus
  • Mario + Rabids
  • BOTW II
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Metroid Prime 4
Having ES6 on that list seems pointless since we don't even know if it's in active development yet. We should limit this to games that we can reasonably expect to be out in the next 2-3 years.

reksveks

Having ES6 on that list seems pointless since we don't even know if it's in active development yet. We should limit this to games that we can reasonably expect to be out in the next 2-3 years.

yeah. I was started to start including that into this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVTQrYYvS81e7yS7_8m45rSOjpzVmthkDige7FuYhZY/edit?usp=sharing but got tired and stopped caring however if anyone wants to add to it.

x0GAM7C.png

Sony should have 6(3 first party, 3 third party) games out next year, Microsoft has 5(3 first party, 2 third-party) as far as I can tell.

Edit added warhammer and stalker date.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Microsoftā€™s line up is looking brilliant.

Fable, Avowed, Halo Infinite, Forza Motorsport, Everwild, Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport 5, The Outer Worlds 2, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark. Iā€™ll be putting serious time in to all of them. TES and Fallout are years away but itā€™s nice to know theyā€™ll be on Game Pass. Deathloop and Ghostwire coming to Game Pass next year also.

From Sony, I canā€™t wait to play Horizon, God of War, Wolverine and Spider-Man 2. They will all be great, but probably 100 hours for me to platinum those 4. Iā€™ll spend more time than that on Halo Infiniteā€™s multiplayer alone.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I need to know what of the M exclusives are nextgen only before getting hyped.

Sony is still the most interesting for my personal taste, but a good ass fable/avowed combo could change the situation a lot.

And when i say good, i mean gow2018 level of goodness, not a bit less.

Last edited:
All Sony exclusives easy.

From Nintendo only SMT V.

Xbox: Fable could be nice but the CGI fake funny trailer was crap.
Post apocalyptic ballet(stalker2), but that's probably just launch exclusive.

Top Bottom