• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about each companies upcoming exclusives?

Sony : Horizon, Gow, FF16, Project Eve , maybe Wolverine if it isn't MCU version but classic
Nintendo: BOTW 3, SMT and maybe one of Metroids (will see after they release)
Microsoft - pretty much everything screems mediocrity - except Forza previous games from those studios were average at best, and I don't care about racing games

Akuji

God of war and botw 2 are the must plays in the list.

All 3 are kinda disapointing. Thought sony would deliver more. Overall we all know the exclusives for the gen will come. They just arent ready for prime time yet.

Kimahri

Banned
Gonna have to say Xbox. There's just very little from PlayStation that I care about right now. There's FFXVI, but I'm lukewarm on Forspoken after that trailer, and other than that... well I don't really care. God of War bored me, so not in for that, and I don't care about super heroes.

Microsoft on the other hand has plenty of big RPGs, FABLE, Halo, Hellblade, Scorn, just a lot of very different stuff. So I'm in there.

For Nintendo I'm super hyper for BOTW II and Metroid, Bayonetta I'd almost forgotten about, and I'm kinda on the fence about SMT V after being so let down after replaying Nocturne. Man, I remember that game as awesome, but damn did it bore me this year.

sublimit

Banned
After Playstation showcase we have an idea of what each company has coming announced for the next coming years. How do you feel about each companies upcoming line up?

Xbox has:

• Scorn
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Halo Infinite
  • Forza Motorsport
  • State of Decay 3
  • Everwild
  • As Dusk Falls
  • Project Mara
  • Age of Empires IV
  • Hellblade 2
  • The Gunk
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
  • Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Crossfire X
  • Starfield
  • Redfall
  • Forza 5
  • Contraband
  • The outer worlds 2
  • Indiana Jones???
  • ES6
  • Perfect Dark

Playstation has:

• KOTOR
  • Spiderman2
  • GOW2
  • Wolverines
  • FF16
  • Forspoken
  • Horizion Forbidden West
  • Project Eve
  • GT7
  • Deathloop
  • Ghost Wire Tokyo
Nintendo Has:

• Metroid dread
  • super mario party allstars
  • SMT V :messenger_heart:
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
  • Splatoon 3
  • Pokemon Arceus
  • Mario + Rabids
  • BOTW II
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Metroid Prime 4
Joke thread?
Ok joke thread.

Joke thread?
Ok joke thread.
The thread is ok, but the games lists could be much better.

Xbox
- Age of Empires IV is pc only
- at least Stalker 2 is just timed, probably a few more

PS
- KOTOR, Deathloop, Ghost Wire Tokyo and Forspoken are just timed and Project Eve is not exclusive at all (afaik).
- probably missing some games, but no idea

Nintendo
- no idea, not into Nintendo this gen

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
i think there is/are a lot of games missing.

I know it has not been announced yet but

~I am sure Xbox has a quake game in the works
Also, Grim dawn is coming to the xbox for certain.(its not coming to PlayStation, it upsets me very much, Imo the greatest arpg out there)

Playstation has

Stray
That factions stuff
a new uncharted

Nintendo, no idea, don't follow that at all.

as for the current list, xbox has a couple of very nice games in there, avowed, elder scrolls but you can't compare those to sony's listing.

Spiderman 2, Hzd2, God of war +wolverine. Yer, sony absolutely nails it right there with the best games list.

Just read those titles above again.

Unbelievable lineup.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
The thread is ok, but the games lists could be much better.

Xbox
- Age of Empires IV is pc only
- at least Stalker 2 is just timed, probably a few more

PS
- KOTOR, Deathloop, Ghost Wire Tokyo and Forspoken are just timed and Project Eve is not exclusive at all (afaik).
- probably missing some games, but no idea

Nintendo
- no idea, not into Nintendo this gen
It's a joke because we haven't seen anything about 80% of those games. Unless we started to regard CGI,cutscene trailers and logos as games nowdays.

reksveks

i think there is/are a lot of games missing.

I know it has not been announced yet but

~I am sure Xbox has a quake game in the works
Also, Grim dawn is coming to the xbox for certain.

Playstation has

Stray
That factions stuff
a new uncharted

Nintendo, no idea, don't follow that at all.
Think op hasn't included the announced games which does give Microsoft a bit of a longer list

It's a joke because we haven't seen anything about 80% of those games. Unless we started to regard CGI,cutscene trailers and logos as games nowdays.
I don't think it matters that much, if you like the genre/studio/setting. Fans went crazy over Wolverine, without even knowing a genre and i think it's fine.

Rivet

Sony : Horizon, Gow, FF16, Project Eve , maybe Wolverine if it isn't MCU version but classic
Nintendo: BOTW 3, SMT and maybe one of Metroids (will see after they release)
Microsoft - pretty much everything screems mediocrity - except Forza previous games from those studios were average at best, and I don't care about racing games

Yes I'm in the same boat. Gaming is about quality, not quantity, it's not like we have infinite time on our hands.

Sony and Nintendo have quality and a better track record.

If game quantity was the main criteria, everybody would play on PC with Steam.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
You have not included a lot of PS exclusives, e.g.,:
  • Lost Souls Aside
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Kena
  • Clid the Snail
  • F.I.S.T.
  • Stray
  • Sifu
Then there are plenty of games that we know are coming but either haven't been announced or haven't been shown yet. On the otherr hand, Xbox has announced most of its games in production (except for few exceptions). For example:
  • Firewalk's IP
  • Haven's IP
  • Deviation's IP
  • Remedy's PS5 exclusive game
  • SSM's second game
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • TLOU Remake
  • TLOU 2 Factions
  • GG's second game
  • London Studio's next PS5 exclusive game
And then all of the PSVR 2 games that we will start seeing very soon in 2022.

Last edited:
PS blows away what MS has and its not even close. STALKER 2 and Avowed are the MS games I am most excited about.

I won't consider BOTW II a good game if it has the shitty weapon durability system.
Nope for a Marvel Fan you are right.... But blows away is Fanboy talk🤦‍♂️
For me Xbox has the best Games in Pipeline and they have not shown all Games of their Studio😱 for Sony every Game feels like the same🤷‍♂️

Mister Wolf

The Microsoft games are more up my alley. Scorn is the kind of out there alien sci-fi that I like. Stalker 2 will be special. I'm going to devote tons of hours into Starfield. 100 hours easily. Redfall could be the next Borderlands.

Anyone saying "all I see is a bunch of average stuff on the Xbox side" is just soothing themselves after being hurt by the plain and simple truth: Sony are outgunned this generation.

It's just a fact, guys..it's not the end of the world.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
List wars in 2021?!!...
war transformers GIF

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
You have not included a lot of PS exclusives, e.g.,:
  • Lost Souls Aside
  • Little Devil Inside
  • Kena
  • Clid the Snail
  • F.I.S.T.
Then there are plenty of games that we know are coming but either haven't been announced or haven't been shown yet. On the otherr hand, Xbox has announced most of its games in production (except for few exceptions). For example:
  • Firewalk's IP
  • Haven's IP
  • Deviation's IP
  • Remedy's PS5 exclusive game
  • SSM's second game
  • Ghost of Tsushima 2
  • TLOU Remake
  • TLOU 2 Factions
  • London Studio's next PS5 exclusive game
And then all of the PSVR 2 games that we will start seeing very soon in 2022.

- Bend Studio next-gen IP
- Guerrilla second team project
- Santa Monica Studios (Cory Barlog Not Directing God of War Ragnarok, Confirms Studio Working on a "Bunch of Stuff") - Let on of them be that big scifi project.

Most PS Studios have not even shown their future games. It's MS that showed games that are like 5 years aways from now.

Last edited:

cireza

I rarely play exclusive games, not because I don't like exclusives (that would be stupid), but because I find them less interesting than what third parties create most of the time. They have to sell consoles after all, so you don't get the same creativity you can find in third party games and indies.

That being said, I will play Halo Infinite Campaign, Metroid Dread and Metroid Prime 4. I am also looking forward other Microsoft games, in case they get my interest, but I need to see gameplay (Starfield, Fable, Perfect Dark...).

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
As a PS fan its no contest, Xbox users will get all those games on game pass day 1, me i gotta pay £70 for every single fucking one of them

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Playstations are a lot better they’re getting contagious with making AAA games

Microsoft and Nintendo live look:
money street GIF by ZDI talents

Stuart360

Gold Member
Well as a PC gamer it goes without saying that its Xbox for me lol.
Sony do have some good stuff though, with more rumoured titles not on the list.

As for Nintendo's list, well i'll just repeat what i have said numerous times over the last year or two, fuck knows how they get the hardware sales they do.

iHaunter

Obviously Nintendo wins by a landslide. Next is Xbox and then Playstation.

Bad time to be a PlayStation fan.
Nintendo is incredibly far behind. Only real game on that list is BOTW II, Bayonetta III, Metroid, assuming it's coming out at all.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
MS already started slowly snowballing around this summer, that E3 event has really put a statement of what to expect, what those acquired studios are doing, with games hitting GP on day 1, Sony on the other hand looks like they'll need some more time before they'll start rolling, they still don't have their E3-equivalent showing, far from it, they announce like 1-2 new games a year and that's it, and those are at least 2 years away. So most likely 2nd half of the generation will be like always when they'll start delivering all their 1st party games. Nintendo on the other hand doesn't have anything for me except maybe the upcoming Metroid, but that's a 20$ android game for me, there's no way I'm getting a Switch just for it and then pay 60$ for the game.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Published and created by xbox. Steam is basically the only singular thing that fucks up the xbox platform definition. Maybe we redefine the list to what platforms are missing?

A PC only title, also coming on Steam, which although is published by Xbox game studios, is also created by Relic Games, who are still owned by SEGA.

For it to be an exclusive, it would have to at least be on Xbox. I actually hope it does as I'd love AoE on a console, but currently this isn't the case.

I'm a big RPG fan, so it's pretty obvious that Xbox has me the most excited. Starfield, Avowed, Fable, Elder Scrolls VI, Outer Worlds 2, whatever InXile is working on. Incredible riches of RPGs on the way.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Xbox by a million miles. I interested in at least 14 of the Xbox games listed.

Far distant second is Sony with 2 of the 3 Sony games listed that appeal to me are tied more to Xbox than Sony. Ghostwire is an XGS game and KOTOR is an 18 year old OG Xbox game I love but I've already played about 6 or 7 times and it's BC on Series X anyway. Horizon Forbidden West is the only true Sony game I'm interested in.

Nintendo is a distant 3rd as BotW 2 is the only game I'm interested in.

FritzJ92

Forget the exclusives, I can get Microsoft offering on Gamepass Day 1! Also, those RPGs are easily hundreds of hours of fun. I don't play NG+ so once I beat a sony exclusive that's all, and the per hour cost of entertainment on Sony's platform is much higher than Microsoft for fairly equal quality.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
- Santa Monica Studios (Cory Barlog Not Directing God of War Ragnarok, Confirms Studio Working on a "Bunch of Stuff") - Let on of them be that big scifi project.

Most PS Studios have not even shown their future games. It's MS that showed games that are like 5 years aways from now.

Let's just put a bunch of unannounced , unnamed, rumored games on the PS list. 🤣 🤣 🤣

But then you would also need to add a bunch of games to the Xbox list like the upcoming unnamed inXile WRPG, Compulsion's unannounced game, Gears 6 and the rumored new IP The Coalition is working on etc. etc.

Leo9

MS still has many unannounced games. we have yet to see anything from:
The coalition, Inxile, ID, Zenimax Online new IP, Roundhouse (?), Compulsion.

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
The sheer number of games Xbox has coming is impressive. I think of all of the games GoW will be the best. Most excited for Xboxs overall offering though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom