• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards Renewed for Season 5, Series Creator to Exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Netflix is just as bad as the rest of tv (and movie series. and comics) about this.

Just keep the damn things running until they fail in rating.

It's a shame the lack of interest on telling an actual story as opposed to a never ending set of anecdotes.
See, even if you end on your own terms your show is technically cancelled. So Netflix doesnt want to look like the bad guy by cancelling their shows. They have done it but not for something as high profile as HOC.

NastyBook

Uhhhhhh...

Was kinda hoping this would get wrapped up in March. I guess we'll see if my mind changes at the end of this season.

Blader

See, even if you end on your own terms your show is technically cancelled. So Netflix doesnt want to look like the bad guy by cancelling their shows. They have done it but not for something as high profile as HOC.

I might be wrong, but I the only show Netflix has cancelled is Lilyhammer, and that was only because the Norwegian studio that co-produces it pulled out.

hamchan

There's something to be said for knowing when to end a show. If Netflix is pushing this to continue past where the creative head wants it to end then that's a shame.

It's not like Netflix is really hurting for original series at this point.

septicore

Uh oh Netflix, don't become like Showtime where they just keep milking cow until it has been dried out.

Season 3 was a bit weak compared to the frist two seasons but I hope season 4 can deliver but I'm having my concerns with the series creator departing after the upcoming season.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oy. This really should have been a three season, three act story.

120v

pretty rare for these type of shows to run less than 5 seasons, i don't think it's a big deal

that said i feel like it's sort of running on fumes already. first season was the only one that blew me away

duckroll

I wonder who the new showrunner will be. I'm surprised they didn't announce it along with the renewal. How often does that happen? A renewal that announces the departure of the showrunner without naming a replacement...

lord pie

Is it just me, or do a lot of US TV shows get dragged on longer than they should?
BBC, etc, seem to know how to end things at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom