• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cobra Kai Renewed for Season 5, Months Ahead of Its Season 4 Premiere

bitbydeath

I’m glad Netflix hasn’t pulled a Netflix and canceled this yet.
The early pick-up confirms there’s plenty more Cobra Kai to come, and as executive producer and co-showrunner Josh Heald told TVLine in January, wrapping the series up at the conclusion of the tournament was never the plan. “[The ending’s] well beyond that. In our minds, we have seasons’ worth of story that is necessary to tell before we get to that endgame.”

jason10mm

Gold Member
I love the show but each season is slightly less than the previous o e. I'm not sure what would merit a 5th season outside of a nuclear war acopalypse with cobra kai reuniting the nation under president Hilary Swank.

I take it back, if season 5 has all those stupid high school kids and those hot moms stuck in Afghanistan like those kids are now and Daniel, Johnny, Kreese, and that big boobed girl have to unite to rescue them ala Rambo 2 or Iron Eagle (it was foretold in the first ep!!!!!) then I am 1000% down for seasons 7 through 20 :p

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
I can’t wait for the next season, but I’m concerned that they’ve greenlit another one. I’d rather it reach a natural end instead of being continued until no one likes it. I used to enjoy Orange Is The New Black, but that lasted 2 seasons more after I stopped watching.

They’ve already revisited the third and final film, and told the story of Daniel and Johnny teaming up. I want the season coming to flesh out the end of the rivalry, but it’s the end of the war and the character arcs for the main characters is mostly done. They’re going to have to throw in some brand new shit good enough to justify the logical conclusion not happening.

belmarduk

They’ve already revisited the third and final film, and told the story of Daniel and Johnny teaming up. I want the season coming to flesh out the end of the rivalry, but it’s the end of the war and the character arcs for the main characters is mostly done. They’re going to have to throw in some brand new shit good enough to justify the logical conclusion not happening.

That's not the final film. You're forgetting about The Next Karate Kid (1994).

Soodanim

Gold Member
That's not the final film. You're forgetting about The Next Karate Kid (1994).
I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

Kazza

I absolutely loved Season 1, and thought 2 was pretty good too. This was a show that I had every expectation of being absolutely awful, but that turned out great. I nice surprise.

How did season 3 turn out? Have they shit the bed yet, or is it still worth watching?

Although I have enjoyed what I watched so far, I kind of feel I had my fill after Season 2, but I may still give 3 a watch.

Hari Seldon

Eh season 1 was amazing but it has been dropping off. Hopefully they step up the writing game. Part of the problem is the limited acting ability of the main cast lol.

Top Bottom