• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West Possibly Delayed to late 2021

bitbydeath

Expected IMO

x_DVdR6frY8t-EMblOHTcMV2Pyo2Vq7KOE_42e-07Kw.jpg

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
1. That's not a delay, the game was only slated for the "second half of 2021"
2. We already have a thread about the potentially delay to 2022 which is both actually a delay and way more likely

1. That's not a delay, the game was only slated for the "second half of 2021"
2. We already have a thread about the potentially delay to 2022 which is both actually a delay and way more likely

It was delayed internally from the second half of 2021 to late 2021. That's confirmed by Jason

More reliable than this 2022 nonsense by a fake insider

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It was delayed internally from the second half of 2021 to late 2021. That's confirmed by Jason

More reliable than this 2022 nonsense by a fake insider

Late 2021 is inside the second half of 2021. That's not a delay, that's narrowing the target in my eyes.

AV

It's a delay. They will have a had a specific date or month in mind. You have to know that to even set a budget.

Ehh, as a consumer, it really doesn't make a difference or matter what loose internal target these studios set for themselves, only when the product was advertised to release. I'd be stunned if most games weren't "delayed" internally because their targets were too ambitious. Don't remember the last time I heard a story about a game being way ahead of schedule. But, sure, on paper it's a delay.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely more likely to be delayed to 2022. I'm expecting a lot of delays over the next few weeks and months including but not limited to Crimson Desert, Dying Light 2, Elden Ring, Far Cry 6, God of War Ragnarok, Gotham Knights, Horizon 2 (as already mentioned), Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Remake and Starfield getting pushed into 2022.

2021 will be a weak year similar to that of 2014 but yet, still better than 2014. I'm also expecting a few months delay for Ratchet because it makes no sense for Sony to release it the day after FF7R for PS5 when they're paying Square Enix for timed/full exclusivity on the title.

Top Bottom