• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Gameplay Showcase

harry potter ron GIF

Looking good

Looks simultaneously like a labor of love and a corporate commissioned product. I'm hoping there's gonna be more NPC life, even if it's just conversation blurbs you hear as you walk by them. Otherwise the school will feel dead. Not really a HP fan but I'll give this a go, fantasy open worlds are hard to do right.

and not a graphics whore but this does looks downgraded from earlier videos...

This looking like a Ubisoft style Harry Potter game. I’d rather them go the Eden ring route , remove the icons and let it explore naturally. But it’s looking like it’ll be a strong 7-8 kind of game. Deff risk adverse af.

The black hair options are fire af.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
Looks simultaneously like a labor of love and a corporate commissioned product. I'm hoping there's gonna be more NPC life, even if it's just conversation blurbs you hear as you walk by them. Otherwise the school will feel dead. Not really a HP fan but I'll give this a go, fantasy open worlds are hard to do right.

and not a graphics whore but this does looks downgraded from earlier videos...
Funny I read this while the character walk in the yard. It looks pretty good. Loads of group of students minding their own business. Pretty natural looking if you ask me

Funny I read this while the character walk in the yard. It looks pretty good. Loads of group of students minding their own business. Pretty natural looking if you ask me
It does look good, it just doesn't seem to have much interaction. Maybe it's because the presenters turned the sound down so they can talk. I'm hoping for a Rockstar/Bully style thing where you can wave/react to people and they'll do the same.

Mr.ODST

Absolutley cannot wait, ive always wanted the perfect Harry Potter game ... this is it looks incredible

midnightAI

You must be fun at parties.
I think the game looks great so don't know what you mean. I was commenting on the presenters of this stream acting like the character creator is amazing when it really isn't. Black Desert Online, Cyberpunk, Sims, Elder Scrolls, all of those have much better character creators.

SLB1904

Banned
This game is about to sell tons of copies

Edit: Holly shit the hit animations are so good

Last edited:

midnightAI

Dude just killed me with tune bone structure 😆
And? There are plenty of character creators that allow you to change cheeks, noses, chins, jaws etc. this has none of that, you can't even change your height or change their body size but the presenter said 'you guys have literally thought of everything'

Am I wrong? Did they literally think of everything? Did the character he create look just like him considering he said 'that's me'

SLB1904

Banned
And? There are plenty of character creators that allow you to change cheeks, noses, chins, jaws etc. this has none of that, you can't even change your height or change their body size but the presenter said 'you guys have literally thought of everything'

Am I wrong? Did they literally think of everything? Did the character he create look just like him considering he said 'that's me'
Stop taking everything too literally 😆
The character is good enough.

SLB1904

Banned
Sure, good enough, still a basic and in my opinion disappointing character creator that is missing some of the basics.
Fair enough. tbf I'm not the right person to talk about it.
I only click on the randomised button. In cp77 I used the V from the promotion material lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Everyone who wore glasses in school their nickname was Harry Potter, I always loved the movies, things got weird in the end with the writer, and all the issues with people.

midnightAI

Fair enough. tbf I'm not the right person to talk about it.
I only click on the randomised button. In cp77 I used the V from the promotion material lol
Pretty much all character creators normally allow you to change individual aspects of the face (and body), this one only really has face presets, some hair options, some eye options and skin colour. I mean, that's fine and everything it allows you to get into the game quickly, but doesn't allow for much personalisation.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not sure if its just me, but every time they show more of the game, it looks worse than before.

The original reveal was so good but now .. eh ..

Gexxy1

Looked boring as all hell. NPCs look like robots and most cannot be interacted with. House points cannot be influenced. Didn't show off any fun mini games. Instead, they showed us bland fetch quests. No... I don't think I want to waste hours of my time searching for pieces of hidden paper, keys, and gobstones.

I watched the full 40+ minute presentation and thought the game was looking exceptional despite some obvious framerate drops in the PS5 preview being demoed but no doubt they will be polishing and optimising the game between now and its February release. The only annoying thing about the presentation was the person going "oh my gosh", "it's amazing", "you guys think of everything" while just looking at the character creator. Has this person never seen a video game before? Other than that, the video was good and showed enough of the game for me to know that this will be a Day One purchase for me for PS5. The sheer amount of detail put into the recreation of Hogwarts and the exquisite textures really brought the place to life. Background NPCs were obviously less detailed than the player character but still looked convincing enough. I honestly cannot wait to play it. I've been enjoying the LEGO Harry Potter Collection on my PS5 recently and this game looks way, way better. I hope it plays as good as it looks (and sounds).

HYDE

Banned
This is a dream game I never even known I wanted. I watched all the Harry Potter movies and I loved Hogwarts and the mood in general, I just disliked Harry Potter himself as a character. So having a game without him, but that take place in Hogwarts is awesome. If just they made it in time for Christmas, would have been even better.
Malfoy…is that you!?

Stafford

Am I seeing things or did it used to look better in previous footage? The lighting of the interiors especially. The lighting was very good to my recollection, kinda like AC Unity levels.

Also, is the framerate choppy looking for you guys too or is that something on my end?

Last edited:
Looks great, the environments are absolutely amazing and the combat looks pretty fun too. The dialogue, voice acting and facial animation look very wooden and gamey though but it's not a dealbreaker.

This will likely do VERY well in terms of sales. Will be fun seeing mainstream gaming media trying to cover while desperately attempting to not enrage Twitter/era.
Don’t worry I don’t think Twitter will still be around by then. Lmao! And who cares about Restera. A cesspool of woke-ism gone crazy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom