• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Gameplay Showcase

L7IusrE.png

Saber

Gold Member
The only part I didn't like about the stream is the start.

Imagine hearing a guy saying "WOW AMAZING, OH MY GOD" everytime just because of a character creation. Cringe as fuck.

The rest is pretty damn solid. I love it, can't wait to explore Slytherin common room and be an edgylord while causing mischief.

Last edited:
Day one for me. Not even a huge Potter fan but I really like the universe and the sense of exploration you’ll likely get from this. Wife will no doubt love this as she’s quite the fan!

Alpha Male

Like some of you, I've never seen any of the movies or read any of the books but I'm really looking forward to this based on the gameplay shown. Hopefully it is good and reviews well because it looks awesome!

marjo

I was excited for this, put this didn't seem all that great gameplay wise. Also, is it just me, or does it seem like the game doesn't have any type of ambient occlusion at all? I'm not a graphics whore, and poor visuals wouldn't stop me from enjoying a game, but this seemed pretty bad for a big budget AAA game. Maybe it was just due to compression artifacts on the live stream?

ikbalCO

Damn. I am sooooo looking forward to this.

Cant believe i am saying this but, in a year with zelda and starfield release, this is my most anticipated game.

Funny how we're getting two fantasy open world magic RPGs back to back lol(this and forspoken).

Game looks alright, but Harry Potter in a game format doesn't look like it would appeal to me much. Partly due to the school setting.

Last edited:

Kikorin

This is a dream game I never even known I wanted. I watched all the Harry Potter movies and I loved Hogwarts and the mood in general, I just disliked Harry Potter himself as a character. So having a game without him, but that take place in Hogwarts is awesome. If just they made it in time for Christmas, would have been even better.

Last edited:

ikbalCO

This is a dream game I never even known I wanted. I watched all the Harry Potter movies and I loved Hogwarts and the mood in general, I just disliked Harry Potter himself as a character. So having a game without him, but that take place in Hogwarts is awesome. If just they made it in time for Christmas, would have been even better.
I share the same feelings.

Sad that this game will be destroyed by the gaming media 😔

Elysion

Banned
Lol, it seems you can choose the girls’ or boys’ dormitory independent from your character. I’m definitely gonna create a tall, buff dude with a deep voice who sleeps next to the girls.

I also hope this has a relationship system of some kind; something similar to the Persona games would be perfect. I wanna seduce my female teachers. :messenger_smirking:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Lol, it seems you can choose the girls’ or boys’ dormitory independent from your character. I’m definitely gonna create a tall, buff dude with a deep voice who sleeps next to the girls.

I also hope this has a relationship system of some kind; something similar to the Persona games would be perfect. I wanna seduce my female teachers. :messenger_smirking:
Harry Potter and the Sexual Assault Mods

Impotaku

Harry Potter and the Sexual Assault Mods
Harry potter & the half chub prince.

Jokes aside hogwarts looks amazing the details are unreal as someone who lived in the books for years it's gonna be fun exploring. The games released so far really didn't do the books material justice, hell even the films were half assed. Going to take a long time to look over every inch of the world.

I seriously hope they don't fuck this up as this looks the closest attempt so far in realising a lot of peoples dreams of what a harry potter type game should be like obviously minus the harry potter lol.

Fbh

Looks great, the environments are absolutely amazing and the combat looks pretty fun too. The dialogue, voice acting and facial animation look very wooden and gamey though but it's not a dealbreaker.

This will likely do VERY well in terms of sales. Will be fun seeing mainstream gaming media trying to cover while desperately attempting to not enrage Twitter/era.

midnightAI

Ugh, this stream

'You literally thought of everything' in regards to the character creator, no, thats a very basic character creator when compared to ones in many other games. You cant change body shape? height? restricted face shapes with no way of fine tuning bone structure?

K' Dash

Ugh, this stream

'You literally thought of everything' in regards to the character creator, no, thats a very basic character creator when compared to ones in many other games. You cant change body shape? height? restricted face shapes with no way of fine tuning bone structure?

You must be fun at parties.

Top Bottom