• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy - Gameplay Showcase

lefty1117

Gold Member
When is it coming out - February? It's going to be a loooooong wait. This and the new Star Trek game are the two I'm most looking forward to in the next 6 months.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
9M2OD6l.jpg
Stone Cold Reaction GIF by WWE

Polygon, is that you?
Ugh. It’s like all major outlets except Geoff Keighley, basically. Like, I just want to hear about the game, I don’t want every single mention of the game to be about JK Rowling’s tweets. I know about her tweets. Everyone knows about it by now. Tell me about the game, like ffs stay on topic. I don’t want to be preached to by woke videogame outlets.

Shh

Ugh. It’s like all major outlets except Geoff Keighley, basically. Like, I just want to hear about the game, I don’t want every single mention of the game to be about JK Rowling’s tweets. I know about her tweets. Everyone knows about it by now. Tell me about the game, like ffs stay on topic. I don’t want to be preached to by woke videogame outlets.
I'm having a difficult time finishing TLOU2 because of the woke stuff. I like the game, but my gosh.
I mean for half the game I'm having to play Abby, a female character that looks like a jacked trans bodybuilder, but she's not supposed to be trans apparently even though she's the most jacked looking character in the entire game. Females don't look that way without hormonal assistance, lol. And then there's a sex scene with her that nobody asked for. The first game was about zombies ... and survival ... and saving the human race. There were subtle moments of Ellie being lesbian in the first game, but they didn't slap me in the face with it every 5 minutes. I guess I'm a sexist, racist, transphobic piece of crap for just wanting my games to focus on stories instead of agendas. Oh well.

As for J.K., I could not care less about her views. I admire her for being able to speak her own mind instead of brainlessly conforming to everything. Her books got me through several extraordinarily difficult times of my life, so I have nothing bad to say about her honestly. I'm just grateful. I hope this game is great. I love the HP universe.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm having a difficult time finishing TLOU2 because of the woke stuff. I like the game, but my gosh.
I mean for half the game I'm having to play Abby, a female character that looks like a jacked trans bodybuilder, but she's not supposed to be trans apparently even though she's the most jacked looking character in the entire game. Females don't look that way without hormonal assistance, lol. And then there's a sex scene with her that nobody asked for. The first game was about zombies ... and survival ... and saving the human race. There were subtle moments of Ellie being lesbian in the first game, but they didn't slap me in the face with it every 5 minutes. I guess I'm a sexist, racist, transphobic piece of crap for just wanting my games to focus on stories instead of agendas. Oh well.

As for J.K., I could not care less about her views. I admire her for being able to speak her own mind instead of brainlessly conforming to everything. Her books got me through several extraordinarily difficult times of my life, so I have nothing bad to say about her honestly. I'm just grateful. I hope this game is great. I love the HP universe.

You said it.

Thank you. I just needed the affirmation

Why were you in doubt?

I am a doubtful person.

DpWNWoM.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching it now, the visuals are absolutely insane. The lighting is incredible, especially indoors.

Reminds me of AC Unity which also had this warm radiant indoor lighting going on.

Really looking forward to this!

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Very distracting AO fading in all over the place whenever the camera turns. I understand it's SSAO, and that's how that works, but I noticed it much more here than in most games.

Other than that, the environments range from looking really good to really flat. Characters aren't great.

Very distracting AO fading in all over the place whenever the camera turns. I understand it's SSAO, and that's how that works, but I noticed it much more here than in most games.

Other than that, the environments range from looking really good to really flat. Characters aren't great.

It was really impressive that they started in the Hufflepuff dorms, left them, walked throughout the castle, then out into the grounds with zero loading though. Seeing the scale of the spires of the castle as they left the courtyard was really cool.

Watching it now, the visuals are absolutely insane. The lighting is incredible, especially indoors.

Reminds me of AC Unity which also had this warm radiant indoor lighting going on.

I have to agree with some others. That overall the game is beautiful, but that the character animations other than the avatar are rather stiff. The side quest-givers in particular. Not really a big deal, I’m sure the game will be amazing given what’s been shown so far.

GymWolf

Absolutely insane?

It was really impressive that they started in the Hufflepuff dorms, left them, walked throughout the castle, then out into the grounds with zero loading though. Seeing the scale of the spires of the castle as they left the courtyard was really cool.
The Xbox One and the Switch comparisons are gonna be so bad. Lol. Brace yourselves.

Whitecrow

Banned
What’s going on with era is there a reason they wouldn’t play the game?
"Oh you dont know? There's a new trend online called being woke. My reality is reforming to suit my mind. Soon, I will have the absolute truth, and you cant do nothing to stop me MUAHAHAHA"

Sorry I just wanted to put a quote there because reasons.

Era consider JK Rowling to be the devil (transphobic) because she dared to have a different opinion than theirs about trans people.

Last edited:

Shh

"Oh you dont know? There's a new trend online called being woke. My reality is reforming to suit my mind. Soon, I will have the absolute truth, and you cant do nothing to stop me MUAHAHAHA"

Sorry I just wanted to put a quote there.

Era consider JK Rowling the to be the devil (transphobic) because she dared to have a different opinion than theirs about trans people.
I couldn't even be arsed to participate in discussions there as it just seems to just be a group of people that hate literally everything all the time. Polygon is the same way.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
I couldn't even be arsed to participate in discussions there as it just seems to just be a group of people that hate literally everything all the time. Polygon is the same way.
Basically. They are activists. They dedicate their life to complain. Of whatever they can think of.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

I think there was a LITTLE bit of loading, seemed like some doors had a small delay before they opened, Metroid Prime style. Or maybe that was just my imagination. But if it was that, that makes you wonder how that will work on last-gen consoles. Longer waiting for doors to open, or even loading screens?

Elysion

Banned
I think there was a LITTLE bit of loading, seemed like some doors had a small delay before they opened, Metroid Prime style. Or maybe that was just my imagination. But if it was that, that makes you wonder how that will work on last-gen consoles. Longer waiting for doors to open, or even loading screens?

Don’t forget that this comes to Switch too. I’m curious how that version is gonna look lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if on Switch the castle is divided into loading zones, with actual loading screens.

Krathoon

I brought this up in the Penny Arcade forum and someone got pissy about it.
The game looks like it will be fun. Looking forward to it. Does it have a subscription?

Hoppa

Of all things I didn’t expect a full on TLoU2 review to be hiding in this thread lol

Game looks great, hopefully it has some quality content to fill it out too. I wonder how the house sorting works or if you just choose..

Krathoon

I am curious about how they handle the school days. I have not watched the video yet. I bet it will be like Persona.

Krathoon

I find it funny how people can't enjoy something when they don't like something about the author. They can't separate the author from the work or just except their flaws.
It is like how you can enjoy an H.P. Lovecraft story, but the guy was a racist.

JK hurt their feelings because she advocated for women’s rights over trans rights, which is lower on their pyramid.
Sorry about the late response. About jk I despise her as well but it’s for the opposite reason or era and you as a guy should as well. Jk is a misandrist who spreads a bunch of lies about men to justify her worldview even saying the only way to bring a rapist is with a p****. Now of course era doesn’t care about that part cause they justify hatred towards men they only care cause jk targeted her vitriol to trans people as well (which I personally don’t care about). But this is a dumb controversy anyway cause last i checked jk isn’t involved with this game

Krathoon

Really, you just got to separate her from her work. As long as she does not push an agenda in the Potterverse, I am ok with her.
I think she knows better than to do that.

Top Bottom