• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima says he has been acknowledged by creating games that go against the current of the times: "OD is just as different"

Draugoth

Gold Member
Hideo Kojima says he has been acknowledged by creating games that go against the current of the times.

His full tweet:

It seems I have been acknowledged by creating games that go against the current of the times, such as "hide-and-seek" games where you sneak into a building without being detected by the enemy, or "delivery games" where you enjoy moving around in an open world, For me, the most experimental game was "defeating vampires outside your house" using actual sunlight around you. It was met with fierce opposition from the staff and even within the company. In that sense, "OD" is just as different.

Gojiira

Gameplay then we’ll see but as it stands Death Stranding 2 is looking much…Much more compelling right now

He's talking about one of the other obscure and niche IP's he created - Boktai.

Boktai was something new for it's time, though it hasn't had much, if not any, clones of it, like MGS and most importantly P.T. did.

Boktai_cover_art.jpg

Smelling and loving his own farts again?

Even Kojima's farts have contributed more to the gaming industry than anything you have.

Maybe in the past but nowadays Kojima loves following trends.

Not really.

How is Death Stranding "following trends"....?!? It's an entirely new, entirely unique genre of game. Some of you just seem to get a hard-on from hating on someone highly regarded in the industry.

Svejk

Yeah... Boktai sucked ass. When I go out outside, last thing I want to do is play video game, or look at any screen for that matter.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Kojimbo’s endless congratulating of himself and desperately chasing approval from Hollywood celebrities is making me retroactively like his old games less

tusharngf

Kojima working on playstation game : OHH its awesome , it got good graphics, he is a genius , masterpiece
Kojima working on xbox game : its a movie , He is wasting resources , Guy should make a movie

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom