• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Rez Studios announces multiplayer shooter Rogue Company for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC

Mista

Banned

Hi-Rez Studios has announced Rogue Company, a new cross-play-supported multiplayer shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

Here is an overview of the game, via its official website:
Rogue Company is a multiplayer shooter coming to all major platforms: Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, and PC. With an arsenal of mercenaries, guns, abilities, and game modes, there is always something to master.

Rogue Company is a top-secret syndicate of elite mercenaries around the globe. To most of the world, the elusive mercenaries are a rumor at best. However, to those in the know, rogue company operatives are indispensable to solving the world’s deadliest and most challenging missions. As a Rogue Company mercenary, players will grab their weapon of choice and dive into iconic locations to compete online in various player-versus-player game modes.

Group up with friends and dominate the competition. Rogue Company will feature cross-play and cross-progression across all platforms.
Gematsu

Bwesh

Hi-Rez is one of the few western companies that includes hot girls in their games.

I agree

FmEspGF.jpg
gYIivTC.png

-Arcadia-

Banned
This stood out during the Switch conference because... there’s not a whole lot of online competitive shooters on the platform, especially realistic looking ones.

I don’t know if PC, Xbox, and PS4 fans will be excited, but this fills a real niche on the Switch. Also, Hi-Res has done some superb porting jobs on the system, and that should only continue here, with a Day 1 release. Definitely on my radar.

Show me some real gameplay, though.

Mattyp

Gold Member
It's also one of the companies that likes to jump ship and abandon projects the moment a new flavor of the month genre appears.

If these companies can’t see the backlash and loss of sales they get from bending to the vocal minority of reeeeeeEEE after so many instances then they deserve everything that comes their way.

Hopefully this is good.

Grinchy

Banned
It's hard to develop a strong opinion from what little we were realistically shown here, but it does look pretty sweet.

theHFIC

How long until they drop Switch from cross-platform play because of performances issues and concerns?

Top Bottom