• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst: Sony's First Party has over 25 titles in development for PS5, almost half of which are new IPs

Papacheeks

Banned
Friend you are entitled to think Returnal, God of War and Spiderman are as diverse in relation to each other as Mario, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I disagree. Not sure what you're hoping to achieve here.

Xcom and Gears tactics are top down in their camera scheme for the rts part of its gameplay, but then goes to a third person view when the actions are in play.
You can say Ghost of tshinuma is similar to Assassins creed because in pure gameplay it is similar. But Im not going to say ghost is the same game as a platformer like ratchet, or a rogue like arcade shooter like returnal, or a semi open world game like god of war. WHich god of war has a camera system no one has tried yet.
You can say they are all the same/similar camera perspective, but their gameplay mechanics/setting and overall game function are totally different.

If you dont like third person perspective games, thats fine, but to say all these titles are the same is really reaching.
Might as well say hellblade and gears are the same right? Or Quntumn Break is the same as alan wak or the same as Gears as well.

You know what? Halo is the same has Doom returnal totally right?

You sound like every other troll who tries to downplay Sony's quality output.
If you dont like the games they make, thats totally your opinion and your entitled to it. But to say they are all similar or the same is really bullshit and you know it it.

I grew out of NIntndo but I have to admit their games are good and super quality. But I will never say breath of the wild is the same third person open world game as Mario odyssey.

Returnal is a rougelite bullet hell

God of War is a hack and slash

Spiderman is an open world game

How do you attack in those games? How do you attack in the games I mentioned? You know what, nevermind, I don't care. I'll concede. You won. Kudos to you.

You don't know, you're assuming. Some people would definitely give a shit, and some other won't, just like i don't give a shit about the hundreds Mario spin off games.

And i'm definitely glad that milking their popular franchises it's not something Sony does, unlike Nintendo and Microsoft do with their spin off franchises.

Good for Sony!

You sound like every other troll who tries to downplay Sony's quality output.

Worst fanbase in the industry.

Loope

BOOM HEADSHOT.

Awesome to hear.
Lauren Hashian Wtf GIF by swerk

Papacheeks

Banned
How do you attack in those games? How do you attack in the games I mentioned? You know what, nevermind, I don't care. I'll concede. You won. Kudos to you.

Good for Sony!

Worst fanbase in the industry.

Dude it's time to take a break, go outside and play some games.

All you had to do was say I dont care for Sony's output. But you doubled down on a bad take, people called you out and now your all mad.

It's all good, just take a minute then we can continue on to talk about the thread content.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
The thing is that Sony exclusives are not video games, they are interactive videos.
Remove the word “game” from the formula and put in interactive, you get interactive videos.

Sony games are not about the player, it’s not about YOU as the player, buts it’s Disney like story formed by corporate focus groups.
What am I reading?? Can you press buttons to determine movement/action? Then it's a video game

Have you never played PS games before?

Dude it's time to take a break, go outside and play some games.

All you had to do was say I dont care for Sony's output. But you doubled down on a bad take, people called you out and now your all mad.

It's all good, just take a minute then we can continue on to talk about the thread content.

Yeah, you guys knock yourselves out circle jerking about corporate talk, don't let me get in the way.

Get some help.

What the fuck, all I did was present MY view on Sony's output and suddenly I have to give a lenghty explanation to a dozen of people who took exception to what was a very respectfully presented opinion. And I did remain very level headed.

SLB1904

Banned
What the fuck, all I did was present MY view on Sony's output and suddenly I have to give a lenghty explanation to a dozen of people who took exception to what was a very respectfully presented opinion. And I did remain very level headed.
i mean if you werent well known maybe people would take it differently, the thing is... you have a history. and gtfo you were trolling bruh

Loope

Yeah, you guys knock yourselves out circle jerking about corporate talk, don't let me get in the way.

sarcastic willy wonka GIF

Markio128

Returnal is a rougelite bullet hell

God of War is a hack and slash

Spiderman is an open world game
Mate, you need to give up on that lost soul. I’ve never known such an impressive movement of goal posts haha. I own both a Switch and a PS5 and I can honestly say that both Ninty and Sony play to their strengths and for that I am thankful. He has got a slight point about diversity in the Switch library because you can now purchase a calculator! Suck on that Sony!

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Astro and Sackboy are definitely a step in the right direction. I would hope for more stuff like TLG, but Sony killed off Japan Studio so I don't know.

And 0 people would give a shit about a Uncharted spinoff.

Good friend. I disagree, but that doesn't mean you aren't entitled to your opinion.

Because those games I mentioned are nothing alike in how they're designed.

Good, hope we get more like those. Wait, what the fuck is Knowledge is Power?
So would you honestly say that Red Dead Redemption 2, an action adventure game with a realistic art style is similar to Spider-man?

Papacheeks

Banned

But you were literally spewing nonsense? Like You were saying Sony's games bascially are all the same. ANd when you look at games like Returnal, DREAMS, Astrobot, Last of us, Concrete genie it's a farcry from saying they are all the same because of their camera perspective.
You could have just said Sony's output in my opinion isn't super interesting to me or diverse enough, then gone on to list genre's that you prefer. You didn't. You could have said I want to see more FPS, RTS, JRPG'S or something like that, This thread is about a article talking about new IP'S coming to PS5. We have not even seen what these even are.

I mean what kind of conversation did you expect to have in a thread talking about 25 new PS5 games coming with almost half being new ip's?
Everyone in here is excited for maybe what those could be, you included. But then you go off and say something that really is more of you opinion and you don't articulate yourself well enough on why you dislike their said output. You could have said there are not enough games in things I like. And then said the type of games you like. You would have to know you were going to get a reaction?

Thats like me going into Nintendo thread and being like NINTENDO'S output is all the same, all the same Mario/Zelda third person perspective titles. Everyone would have literally fucking dog piled me.

Last edited:
i mean if you werent well known maybe people would take it differently, the thing is... you have a history. and gtfo you were trolling bruh

I have a history? That's cute man, do you want an autograph?

But seriously, I was NOT trolling. I'm a self confessed Nintendo fanboy, but I don't venture outside of Nintendo threads looking for shit. I'm a defensive fanboy, I don't go on the offensive. I expressed my opinion here in earnest because well I've owned every single Playstation console ever lol.

This isnt level headed.

So now not only do I have to explain at lenghts my opinion, I have to defend my conduct? Gee you guys are hard!

So would you honestly say that Red Dead Redemption 2, an action adventure game with a realistic art style is similar to Spider-man?

In isolation, not really. The problem I have with Sony's output is the over reliance on third person action adventure games, like I mentioned. You might think those are different enough so that it isn't a problem. I think that's reasonable and I respect that. However, for ME I would like to see more varied stuff. Sackboy and Kena and (god help me) even Goodbye Volcano High are a step in the right direction, I even said as much on the PS5 reveal thread.

Thats like me going into Nintendo thread and being like NINTENDO'S output is all the same, all the same Mario/Zelda third person perspective titles. Everyone would have literally fucking dog piled me.

Oh you can rest easy that people go into Nintendo threads saying stuff FAR more retarded than anything I've said here.

McCarth

In this thread I've learned that Spider-Man and Returnal are essentially the same experience. Guys, I just realized why I'm so terrible at Returnal! Where's the damn web swinging button?

I've also learned that someone non-ironically thinks Nintendo of all companies is the barometer for experience diversity in the industry. Nintendo. Nintendo.

BootsLoader

Banned
I’m hyped but at the same time holding myself back because…..we’ll you never know what could happen.

On the other hand I don’t understand people who are crying about 3rd person over the shoulder games etc. Sony has the best output in the industry right now, releasing one GOTY after another, literally shitting on other games. Setting the standards high.
What are you talking about? Who are you talking to?gif

Papacheeks

Banned
Oh you can rest easy that people go into Nintendo threads saying stuff FAR more retarded than anything I've said here.

Oh you mean people fanboying like this:

I like Nintendo, I'm a gentleman of refined taste.

Looking at how you reacted to some light trolling by people honestly that should ease up on it (cough.........Ass of can whoopping)

you did not act like a gentleman.

Last edited:
Yeah this time the soners are right, third camera means shit when you have to judge gameplay similarities.

Just to clarify this once more, I'm perfectly fine if people think that. Personally, for me, IMHO I do take some issue with that and I would be happier if they did things slightly differently lol.

Oh you mean people fanboying like this:

Oh yeah, we endure stuff that's far more moronic than me confessing my adoration for Nintendo games.

Kangx

You are trolling here. Your argument belong on tweeter for fanboys console war garbage.

Markio128

In this thread I've learned that Spider-Man and Returnal are essentially the same experience. Guys, I just realized why I'm so terrible at Returnal! Where's the damn web swinging button?

I've also learned that someone non-ironically thinks Nintendo of all companies is the barometer for experience diversity in the industry. Nintendo. Nintendo.
You’ll also find Spider-Man much easier when you realise you can just shoot the crap out of everything with a Hollowseeker

You are trolling here. Your argument belong on tweeter for fanboys console war garbage.

I don't think so, I didn't present my opinion disrespectfully and I even coherently defended my stance over a series of posts despite the OH SO HILARIOUS vitriol it generated. You're confusing someone having a divergent opinion with someone attacking something for absolutely no reason.

I don't think so, I didn't present my opinion disrespectfully and I even coherently defended my stance over a series of posts despite the OH SO HILARIOUS vitriol it generated. You're confusing someone having a divergent opinion with someone attacking something for absolutely no reason.

You called me simple and it really hurt my feelings

Princess Peach never called me simple :lollipop_steam_nose:

wOs

I wonder if half of them are small titles vs actual full fledged games. Either way let the releasing begin.

sublimit

Banned
I would love Wild Arms making a come back.
Imagine an E3 Sony conference where the lights going down and the main theme of the first game starts playing and a trailer of a new Wild Arms starts playing on the screen.
Of course Sony would never show a Wild Arms game at a major conference but it's nice to dream. :)

Top Bottom