• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hermen Hulst Q&A: Interview with Head of PlayStation’s Worldwide Studios

GamerEDM

Banned
- audio
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/202...-with-head-of-playstations-worldwide-studios/ - text

XhtwysN.png

eC7KZzc.png

2srLEaj.png

Last edited:

GrayChild

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Sony's first party titles for either system, nor will they purchase any games for PS4. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel your PC ports or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

KAZme

Banned
Heinrich's 10th account?

Huh? What are you blabbering about? Are you saying that I’m Heinrich Himmler the Nazi? I’m not even German. Lol. Anyway, why don’t we keep it to the topic?
you can DM me if you want to clarify something but no need to derail the thread with personal attacks.
Thank you.

Time will tell if we will see more games coming to PC or not. I would take everything with a grain of salt.
You see, no one would have thought that horizon would come PC and now, here we are. And the same person that said that horizon is coming to PC earlier also said that there are way more games coming to PC, even games where he said that he couldn’t believe that they would release that game on PC and that wasn’t even horizon!
But we will see. Time will tell.

The Shift

Banned
They should come out swinging with everything first party on a Playstation for PC storefront - preservation of the Playstation game library sells it on it's own merits considering the breadth and depth of the Sony's first party releases historically.

If HZD does very well on PC, you sure as hell can expect to see more games coming. However, I doubt that it's going to be new games, but I wouldn't mind getting them 3-5 years later. It's better than waiting 10-15 years for emulators to work properly.

Psykodad

Banned
I'm glad Sony is still focused on single player story driven games and PlayStation consoles

God bless Sony 🙏
It's pretty sad that those things need to be re-confirmed, because a couple of xbox fans are trying to push another #SonyToo narrative now that Spencer recently came out to basically confirm that MS and Xbox are moving towards streaming and away from being one of the big three.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
There's more where that came from. There are a few other new accounts that started posting in the last few days with exactly the same posting style.

They keep mutating.
Well, like I said in another thread, gotta respect the dedication.

Reactions: GHG

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that the public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Sony's first party titles for either system, nor will they purchase any games for PS4. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and cancel your PC ports or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Really??? You and anyone else who decides not to buy a Sony 1st party title again because of HZD PC port are really messed up, how does it negatively effect you?

This is nonsense !!

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Sounds like PR. We will see what will come next. There are rumors that many more exclusive games are coming to PC.
It's funny how some people believe everything MS says but not Sony when Sony has been the most trustworthy

DESTROYA

This has to be one of the most ridiculous theories I’ve seen posted as to why SONY will fail.

Virex

Banned

GrayChild

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If HZD does very well on PC, you sure as hell can expect to see more games coming. However, I doubt that it's going to be new games, but I wouldn't mind getting them 3-5 years later. It's better than waiting 10-15 years for emulators to work properly.

How is it that everyone here can't see this is most likely Sony's view on this.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It's pretty sad that those things need to be re-confirmed, because a couple of xbox fans are trying to push another #SonyToo narrative now that Spencer recently came out to basically confirm that MS and Xbox are moving towards streaming and away from being one of the big three.
Exactly! Sony knows consoles and SP games are their bread and butter. I wouldn't have it any other way

Great Hair

Banned
Good interview, terrible interviewer. Having a discussion, questionnaire over the internet just feels disjointed. What´s Shu doing then? BRING SOCOM and gimmie a copy of Tokyo Xtreme Zero

#FUGENKI

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
Hey Hermen, i'm gonna fuck you in the ass, what do you say, do you want to experiment this ?

Eliciel

I understand where you are coming from with this, but I would tend to take the implication a notch down. We are in the situation that losing face plays a humongous role in Japan, true.
However, at the end of the day we are still talking about Sony. We are still talking about a nation that is, still today, highly narcissistic about their own "kin". You remain an outsider in Japanese culture for your hole life, just period. You cannot easily become a part of their society, because you're not Japanese. Many of their views are still very much pre-WW2 and feudal to be honest. However, gaming has always proofed to be a dimension with its own rules. Don'T forget that while Gaming is much more integrated into the Japanese Culture, WORKING is still the paramount element of life. People who play games and don't have a job are still losers. Things go hand in hand - you cannot get one without the other. Therefore, it is hardly agreeable that gaming can be viewed isolated in Japan.

I base this rather on my experience with two of my best friends being Japanese living in Europe and explaining to me their views on Japanese Culture. This is not really my opinion from the get-go, but it has become my opinion in the process of leading countless talks with them.

So while I agree that it is not the best way of doing things in Japan, I still do not believe the implications being that fiercefully demonstrated in reality.

Last edited:

Terenty

Imagine him saying Sony is gonna close down Santa Monica, Naughty Dogs and other generic studios and funnel all the funds to Kojima Productions?

Yeah, wishful thinking

Top Bottom