• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldrivers 2 multiplayer will be free on PC but paid on PlayStation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solidus_T

huh? thats not the same comparison. fornite is free. this game is not. you buy the game and like every game you have to buy, if it has multiplayer you need ps plus
I was mistaken - I thought this is a F2P game, but it's not. That makes this whole thread confusing and pointless.

TransTrender

Gold Member
This is a nothing burger
It has always been this way since Sony started charging for Online play
This is not new
This is not news

Fabieter

This is a nothing burger
It has always been this way since Sony started charging for Online play
This is not new
This is not news

But if wasn't the case for their own games which is weird. Maybe it's gonna be on plus otherwise I will definitely play it on steam.

TransTrender

Gold Member
But if wasn't the case for their own games which is weird. Maybe it's gonna be on plus otherwise I will definitely play it on steam.
I'm racking my brain here but Helldivers 1 was not free to play and if you wanted to do online with PS ecosystem then I'm assuming you needed PS+.
I'm guessing the same is for other games like PlanetSide 2, but maybe not because that was F2P.

I play these things on Steam. Nintendo is the only one to get my $20 per year for online.

Last edited:

pasterpl

Isn’t this sort of expected? I am not sure this is some sort of news to anyone? Paid online on consoles is quite standard nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom