• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2's peak CCU outperformed Bleeding Edge and is still climbing on Steam

gokurho

kEwBZih.jpeg

2noI7EY.jpeg

Additionally, it could outperform Hi-Fi Rush and Redfall this weekend🍰🍡🍠

GPH2qDP.jpeg

20mHmKU.jpeg

Lets Go GIF by The Fast Saga

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, not a good look for the future of Ninja Theory.

however, pc gamers dont give a shit about games like this. plus the game is essentially ten dollars on the gamepass app. unless of course there is a $1 trick going on somewhere.

I do have to wonder why pc gamers buy all these fancy graphics cards if they dont want to use them. I spent a thousand dollars on my graphics card and ive made sure to get everything out of it. not playing this game on day one is not an option for me. i wonder if we make up a tiny 1% of the overall pc population.

Elios83

Looool outperforming Redfall and Bleeding Edge :messenger_grinning_sweat: "pie_tears_joy:

Numbers are obviously a total flop but who really expected otherwise? It will serve the purpose of being gamepass fodder. The question is if Microsoft is fine with that.

hinch7

Yeah, not a good look for the future of Ninja Theory.

however, pc gamers dont give a shit about games like this. plus the game is essentially ten dollars on the gamepass app. unless of course there is a $1 trick going on somewhere.

I do have to wonder why pc gamers buy all these fancy graphics cards if they dont want to use them. I spent a thousand dollars on my graphics card and ive made sure to get everything out of it. not playing this game on day one is not an option for me. i wonder if we make up a tiny 1% of the overall pc population.
Maybe they just want games that feature actual gameplay. And not some psuedo movie-like games and one and done type deals. If you look at the top games on Steam, they are mostly populated by multiplayer titles and/or have a lot of replay value.

For high fidelity titles.. Cyberpunk and Phantom Liberty done quite well. Ghosts of Tsushima though a port of a old PS4 game, is doing okay on Steam charts.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I don’t wish ill on any game or developer, and I’m sure this game took a lot of work…

…but holy shit has it seemed to miss the mark and not be what anyone wants, except for being an amazing graphical showcase

MH3M3D

People really need to learn how to understand statistics. Today is the release day, of course everyone who bought it will be playing. Also its a super short game, you're going to see these numbers nosedive within a week.

feynoob

Gold Member
Seems silly to buy it for $50 when you can rent it for $11 when the game is under 10 hours and doesn’t seem like the kind you replay immediately. Makes this hard to take seriously.
This is the reality of short games. Unless you have a real hype, it's gonna be meh.

The first game doesn't help too.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Looool outperforming Redfall and Bleeding Edge :messenger_grinning_sweat: "pie_tears_joy:

Numbers are obviously a total flop but who really expected otherwise? It will serve the purpose of being gamepass fodder. The question is if Microsoft is fine with that.
I can’t imagine they’re happy about funding a game in development for 7 years so they could have a 5 hour “experience” as a value add for Gamepass.

Top Bottom