• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Another Day another xbox review thread!

Let's gooooo, Gaf! You're already impressing me.

I'm going solid 8 out if 10 like the first. But, let's be honest...these 2024 reviewers are clueless wack jobs. So, I advise picking it up and playing it, then form your own opinion. Like every game.

Pasta la Vista

Gold Member
80-85. At the very least it I do expect it to be a polished and complete game with incredible visuals, which is a lot better than most games that have come recently from the studios that now fall under the MS umbrella. Length and lack of depth to the combat likely keep it from getting into the high 80s.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Voted for 76-79. I still feel it'll be one of those sequels that looks better visually, but feels too same'y. Hellblade 1 succeeded as a high profile AA release, but I'm not sure it will work the same for the sequel being viewed as a flagship release

MayauMiao

80-85. At the very least it I do expect it to be a polished and complete game with incredible visuals, which is a lot better than most games that have come recently from the studios that now fall under the MS umbrella. Length and lack of depth to the combat likely keep it from getting into the high 80s.

Sounds exactly like The Order 1886.

SmokSmog

Flopus Maximus
67fae40554c5e2d89c65530ee17ac7bff914ddc00fd1af97d17d6d1c4344d2c8.png

GymWolf

Gold Member
I can see this thing to resonate very well with modern media so no less than 80, probably an overrated 85.

Last edited:

BigLee74

You mean just like the warriors who jump to xbox's defense at even the slightest hint of criticism of absolutely anything xbox related no matter how legitimate it is?

There are warriors on both sides.

The fundamental difference as I see it is that they are in a thread about an xbox game, looking forward to the game and minding their own business.

What are the intentions of the forum sad-sacks that obviously bat for the other team yet walk into these threads just to LOL emote everybody’s posts and hope for a game to fail?

You can’t see that’s what happens?

I can’t speak about PlayStation game threads because I rarely venture into them not owning the system nor caring too much for their games.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Honestly, wtf is up with having a specific release time and such a shitty ass embargo. I'd be very surprised if this reviews well.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
There are warriors on both sides.

The fundamental difference as I see it is that they are in a thread about an xbox game, looking forward to the game and minding their own business.

What are the intentions of the forum sad-sacks that obviously bat for the other team yet walk into these threads just to LOL emote everybody’s posts and hope for a game to fail?

You can’t see that’s what happens?

I can’t speak about PlayStation game threads because I rarely venture into them not owning the system nor caring too much for their games.

Agencylife Bingo GIF by MX Player

But they know that.

BigLee74

I thought this game was released 9am BST?

It’s now 845am BST - where are the reviews?

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Most likely under 85.

I think if they had good gameplay, they would've showed more. I am rooting for the team though :messenger_rocket:

By the way, where is the big marketing for the game, which they just announced recently would start. Except a rather boring launch trailer and a message from the studio head yesterday, I think there was nothing…

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I expect low 80s because all red marketing flags are there.

That being said MS might be just stupid, remember Hi-Fi Rush. I, for once, rooting for Team Ninja.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I'm too late, but I'm going to say a 77%. I can't believe 59% of yall said it'll get between an 80-90 on Metacritic. Seems too high (without playing it).

Ogbert

Those are 24 hours peaks, so at release it was way more probably.
I know, I was being daft.

But you look at that list and see why GaaS is a thing. Actually, *the* thing.

Anyway, I’m going 87%. Think the technical accomplishments will make up for pretty simple gameplay experience.

Frwrd

Sometimes I think the games' industry is the worst of all. People hope a product of the industry will be bad because is from a different brand. Also, people won't even play/use something unless/only after some reviewers tell them so. Can't think of any industry where analysts have so much power and people who loves the hobby wish so much for the failure of such hobby.
So uhh... You cancelling the Gamepass sub? Is that what I'm reading?

midnightAI

there are some reviews up on metacritic

the highs are high, the lows are low (critics)

Oof, Metro:

In Short: A joyless slog of barely interactive entertainment and a muddled portrayal of mental illness… that just so happens to have the best graphics ever on a video game console.

Pros: The graphics are absolutely astounding and the best ever seen on a home console. Good acting across the board.

Cons: Repetitive and simplistic combat, with equally uninteresting and unchallenging puzzles. The reality of the plot makes no obvious sense and the storytelling skates over important elements.

Score: 5/10

Last edited:
Top Bottom