• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Servers Hacked: 1.5 Terabytes of Data to be leaked

Nesotenso

Detailed season 7 spoilers have been online for sometime now. No reason to believe they are fake since everything has turned out to be right so far.

Plum

Ohh, so the show is basically in Dragonball Z-style filler mode then?

Far from it. The last two books were essentially filler and now the show's completely moved away from them its really starting to get moving. There's about 10 episodes left in total until the series finishes for good (until the inevitable prequel series, that is).

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?

Not even. The show is as close as we'll ever get to a conclusion, because the author is notoriously slow and unhealthy and will likely die before he finishes.

The most recent book came out in 2011.

avaya

I wonder if AT&T can knock down the price they will for for Time Warner off the back of this, lawyers must be scrambling. Good couple billion could be wiped off.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Looks like it's time to stay only on gaf for a while. All my fav shows are on HBO.

You fuckers better not spoil me lol

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

More like its like the original Full Metal Alchemist anime from 2003 that came out before the FMA manga had been finished and just went in its own direction after a certain point.

molnizzle

If you want spoilers that bad, an outline for the entire season of Game of Thrones was leaked months ago. I'm pretty sure you can find it if you look hard enough.

oh shit, just found it. I had no idea.

First 3 episodes match up perfectly too so it's legit.

DAMN.

Jackpot

Banned
Scripts are nothing as a blow-by-blow account of Season 7 has been available since before it aired.

I think if they had entire episodes they would have lead with them rather than a bunch of behind-the-scenes documents.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Who has time to look through all that data?

For video files that's not that much data. Probably hundreds to a couple thousand videos. Once you figure out how it's organized and encoded it's easy to view and distribute.

Brace-Yourselves-X-is-Coming.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why would you have episodes of shows on your servers before air date?
This happened with an anime site and it basically destroyed their streaming service.

Ishan

i mean got whole season spoilers have been out for a while so this only makes an impact there if video of future episodes leak.

Socivol

This happened with an anime site and it basically destroyed their streaming service.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the episodes were on a server. HBO's model is for that complete season to be done before they air any of the episodes. They could easily go the Netflix model is they wanted to.

gun_haver

Nope, it's ramping up to the end of it's story. There are no longer books to follow closely so the author of the books has given the show creators notes on where he plans to go with it, but some extent of it is being made up on their own, and dialogue isn't based on books anymore. The tone of the show is different but the 'fanfiction' comment is from book purists, really. It's the same as it ever was, maybe a little worse in terms of writing.

Bulzeeb

I think is more like the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime when the anime surpased the material of the manga and went full fan fiction after that,giving us that terrible ending and that horrible movie.

I think is more like the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime when the anime surpased the material of the manga and went full fan fiction after that,giving us that terrible ending and that horrible movie.

They're still working with what the author told them would happen. It's different but not that different.

im hoping this isn't true but i have read that the direction of GOT season 8 was in the data and if true... the wait isn't worth it at all.

for what its worth the season 7 script leak from a few months back has been 100% correct. i wonder if the two comes from the same source..

duckroll

Do we know what server was compromised? Because it does make sense for HBO to have episodes available to their international divisions internally.

old

They would have to be complete dumbasses if they're keeping future episodes of GOT on a server that faces the internet. That would be gloriously incompetent on HBO's part.

Chumley

Banned
They would have to be complete dumbasses if they're keeping future episodes of GOT on a server that faces the internet. That would be gloriously incompetent on HBO's part.

I don't think episodes leaked, just script stuff.

Top Bottom