• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO Servers Hacked: 1.5 Terabytes of Data to be leaked

Prepare yourselves...

HBO hacked: Upcoming episodes, Game of Thrones data leaked online

“HBO recently experienced a cyber incident, which resulted in the compromise of proprietary information,” the network confirmed in a statement. “We immediately began investigating the incident and are working with law enforcement and outside cybersecurity firms. Data protection is a top priority at HBO, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect the data we hold.”

Hackers claimed to have obtained 1.5 terabytes of data from the company. So far, an upcoming episode of Ballers and Room 104 have apparently been put online. There is also written material that’s allegedly from next week’s fourth episode of Game of Thrones. More is promised to be “coming soon.”

The night is dark and full of spoilers.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
That's a lot of video.
Spoilers will be everywhere.

Good, I'm fucking sick to death of hearing about GoT and GoT spoilers. Ruin the show for everyone so I don't have to read about it anymore.

Toki767

Eh. If it's only next week's episode, it's probably not a huge deal. At least, I can wait until Sunday to watch it.

Now if it's the entire season, I'd have to try my hardest to not get spoiled.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
thats a shit ton of data
its its mostly video based, its really not.

Who has time to look through all that data?

again if its video its probably pretty easy to sort through.

Sucks, don't know why people can't just leave shit along. Also don't know why people cant secure their shit. Also how do you not notice 1.5 terabytes of data being transmitted that is outside the norm.

Slayven

Spoilers: Jon Snow challenges the whtie walkers a dance battle, where he defeat them by turning the spinarooni into a worm

is insecure safe?

tenor.gif

otapnam

Wasnt the story from earlier in the year that it was a smaller production firm that had a single win98 or other old OS server running in the office that compromised the rest of the servers?

Pretty crazy how the hackers are just trawling old compromised hardware and striking gold

adj_noun

On Sunday, an anonymous email was sent to many reporters announcing the hack:

”Hi to all mankind. The greatest leak of cyber space era is happening. What's its name? Oh I forget to tell. Its HBO and Game of Thrones......!!!!!! You are lucky to be the first pioneers to witness and download the leak. Enjoy it & spread the words. Whoever spreads well, we will have an interview with him. HBO is falling."

Hackers always talk like Skeletor.

Honestly if HBO knows these guys could just leak all the Game of Thrones episodes I'd just say hey, this next Sunday they're just doing a GoT Marathon and show every season 7 episode all in one day. The positive buzz they'd get from it would draw attention away from the leaked content at least.

Top Bottom