• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku : Project Mirai Mix announced for the West

Andrefpvs

Great news, will get since I fell in love with Project Diva f.

Although my first impression is that I much prefer the look of the Project Diva games. Won't complain though, I'll get any Miku I can get!

emiliano

Really good news. I've bought Project Diva F about 2 weeks ago, half-betting on it and I'm really enjoying the game. A portable version of this type of game is what I need most. It all started with Love Live on my cell and after only one month I've become really addicted to the genre. Thank you Sega.

Zornica

Banned
I just re-downloaded the demos for both games (mirai 1 and 2) and gave them a quick go.

The 1st demo featured a song without chibi miku and judging by this gif:
iHaU7pTQk4Ujc.gif

that's also true for the sequel I reckon

How many songs are going to be non-chibi miku percentage wise?

chrono01

I'm not sure how I missed this topic. I've been hoping/wishing for the "Mirai" titles to make their way over way, considering the region-locking on the 3DS. I really hope they do a physical release, but honestly, just getting it localized is reason enough for me to be excited.

Day One Purchase!

ixAManLokvDLJ.gif

It isn't that hard.

Project Mirai 2 has some tricky sections, but I find it considerably easier compared to Project Diva f...especially F 2nd.

The hardest time I had with it was struggling with the ABXY button prompts until I wisened up and changed them to arrows instead.

As with the Diva games, dual wielding (playing with both hands/thumbs) is a must.

L~A

They mention that this will be an "enhanced" version. I wonder what enhancements they are referring to?
I personally hope for more songs, and more customizations like for outfits and each vocaloid's room. I also want more GUMI.

More songs, more costumes and some extras, I guess. Maybe some difficulty tweaks and whatnot.

4Gamer.net got an article on the event, but nothing new. I thought they'd released the enhanced version in Japan, but doesn't look like it. Still can't quite believe a western localisation was announced during a JP event.

don't worry, it'll eventually come to the west again... in the X1/PS4 Sonic Collection
Getting Doctor Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is like erm, Capcom giving the West Street Fighter 1 (but with erm, Ranma 1/2 characters*) while Japan is basking on...erm, X-Men vs. Street Fighter (I think that is a good analogue to Puyo Puyo Tetris).

Should have just gone with the aunt giving you a Game Boy game for Christmas in 2003 analogy

*-I'm making a reference to Street Combat which was a Ranma game that had the cast changed to brawling rejects in the West

Yagami_Sama

Pretty good news. Although I have the Japanese games for both games, it is pretty good see Japanese games getting localized.

Now I just need to keep wishing for project Diva on Wii U.

So this is easier than Project Diva?

:(

Yup, but it has some features not included in the Diva games:

- touch screen mode OR button mode (they're separate)
- you can swap the vocaloid voices (not all songs)
- Puyo Puyo!
- The Vocaloids keep a diary which is fun to read when you visit them in their Diva Room.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yup, but it has some features not included in the Diva games:

- touch screen mode OR button mode (they're separate)
- you can swap the vocaloid voices (not all songs)
- Puyo Puyo!
- The Vocaloids keep a diary which is fun to read when you visit them in their Diva Room.
Well Puyo Puyo is the only plus for me here but that's good enough for me.

Really? That's something I sorely missed from Project Diva!

Is it still possible to make PVs and button patterns for own songs like in PD?

There's a "Dance Mode" where you can make your own choreography, but I don't think it's exactly like in PD. The 3DS can't handle that. (I haven't tried this mode yet myself).

However, there is a cute little feature where you chosen Vocaloid will sing the notes pressed on the on-screen piano keys.

I make a statement that I'm planning to sell my 3DS and then this happens.

Thanks Sega. Instead of making money now I'm spending more money.

dicks.

There's a "Dance Mode" where you can make your own choreography, but I don't think it's exactly like in PD. The 3DS can't handle that. (I haven't tried this mode yet myself).
The PSP could handle that, I'm pretty sure the 3DS could too.
But oh well, own choreography is at least something.

So there is a more text to translate than the Diva games?

I demand proof that whoever is playing this is actually a human and not something else in disguise.
A robot would have gotten no fine notes and thus a perfect. That doesn't prove they are human though...they could still be an alien or a lizard man or something...

TheChaos0

Oh, only just saw this. Great news, definitely going to pick this up. Not sure how I'm supposed to get used to ABXY though... ;D The colours might help.

Top Bottom