• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku : Project Mirai Mix announced for the West

mrmickfran

miku-hatsune-project-mirai-sega-o.gif

Please let it be a physical release SEGA ;_;

Tsunamo

I enjoyed the Japanese demos of Mirai 1 and 2 so i'll probably grab this. Hopefully it ends up getting a retail release but I wont be complaining if it ends up being digital only aslong as the price is fair.

L~A

The JP source I referenced in my post about it just says it's a localized version of "Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai."

(Edit: Dengeki says its a localization of the Hatsune Miku Project Mirai series.)

But I'm pretty sure it's a localized version of the second game.

Just look at the logos. Remix is pretty much an exact copy of Mirai 2's logo:

Well, they'd have no reason to localise just the first one, and the Remix is there just to say it's not the 1st one (and they couldn't really call it Project Mirai 2 when the first one didn't out in the West).

It's a bit like Senran Kagura Burst, in a way. Wonder what the new stuff is... probably just a couple new songs and modules.

Storm360

I already played the Japanese release along with F 2nd, but i'll pick it up if it's physical to support localisations of the series

Marche90

YES YES YES YES YEEEEES!!

Just yesterday I was complaining about this lol. Extremely pleased by this

Shame about the release date being 2015, tho.

Ogawa-san

How is the challenge level compared to Project Diva f?
Easy enough that you might never see a "failed" screen. You could perfect a 6-star song (max is 8, with one or two exceptions) the first time you play it. Button mode is a bit harder since it can use all 4 buttons with some d-pad combinations while touch only uses 3 and no combinations, but still nothing like PDf on extreme. Also, timing isn't nearly as strict.

It's clearly targeted to younger audiences, but fun nonetheless. It's another earworm collection minus some of the frustration from PDf gameplay, so I ended up liking it a bit more.

Mokoi

Banned
Hmm I think I shall be getting this. Always love me some new rhythm games. Now if only the iM@S games were to get localized.

RMI

Banned
UGH always Miku and never Yakuza! Sega is really the worst.

I fucking love Miku, and imported Mirai 2. Mirai series < Diva series tho.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Easy enough that you might never see a "failed" screen. You could perfect a 6-star song (max is 8, with one or two exceptions) the first time you play it. Button mode is a bit harder since it can use all 4 buttons with some d-pad combinations while touch only uses 3 and no combinations, but still nothing like PDf on extreme. Also, timing isn't nearly as strict.

It's clearly targeted to younger audiences, but fun nonetheless. It's another earworm collection minus some of the frustration from PDf gameplay, so I ended up liking it a bit more.

Meh. Kinda takes the hype out of this for me. I wasn't expecting PDf style craziness, but I don't want to pay for a non-challenge.

FUCK YES!!!!!

I literally JUST wanted to make a thread about how the Project Mirai series needs to come over to the west because of it's EBA-like gameplay.

Now that we get this I am happy beyond believe.
Fuck yes!

EDIT: Everybody saying that this is actually Mirai 2:
Maybe it's some kind of "Append" version, like they did with Project Diva 2 on PSP?
Same base game but more songs and stuff.

Probably a better indication of pricing would be that the Vita version of Project Diva f came out for $30 (though it was digital only, and had a $10 DLC song pack available).

Genki

Thank you. Not interested then. Pity.

Listonosh

il3jFbI7efVrS.gif
ipzTcBGpSJBih.gif
iHaU7pTQk4Ujc.gif

Prepare yourselves.

i4cE9pMvU7bzU.JPG

Uh oh... Looking at those gifs, I'll be terrible at the game. Being used to the 360 button layout, I ALWAYS press the wrong button on the Wii U or 3DS when prompted on screen, since A and B, and X and Y are switched.
Though, maybe this is just the thing I need to train my brain to tell the difference.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Blog post is up.

Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix (working title), an enhanced version of the popular Japanese video game Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI 2, will launch in the West on Nintendo 3DS in 2015! A fan favorite franchise, Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix will mark the first release from the Project MIRAI series outside of Japan and also the first appearance of Hatsune Miku game on a Nintendo platform outside of Japan.

Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix features characters rendered in beautiful stereoscopic 3D, with two different rhythm game modes (button and touch) and three difficulties per song. Players will enjoy a highly customizable experience with user customization options for button icons and sounds, character costumes and gear for the character rooms. Players can create and share personalized player cards that show off who you are as well as create customized dance routines to the songs, your own musical phrase and personalized comments about their favorite in-game videos, all via StreetPass. The game also utilizes the AR card and photo capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS to bring characters to life in 3D.

“Hatsune Miku’s popularity in the West keeps growing, and we are proud to support such an amazing franchise with our games,” said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America.

L~A

Official PR :

Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix Announced For Western Release on Popular Nintendo Handheld System

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON &#8211; July 2, 2014 &#8211; SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced that Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix (working title), an enhanced version of the popular Japanese video game Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI 2, will launch in the West on Nintendo 3DS in 2015. A fan favorite franchise, Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix will mark the first release from the Project MIRAI series outside of Japan and also the first appearance of Hatsune Miku game on a Nintendo platform outside of Japan.

Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix features characters rendered in beautiful stereoscopic 3D, with two different rhythm game modes (button and touch) and three difficulties per song. Players will enjoy a highly customizable experience with user customization options for button icons and sounds, character costumes and gear for the character rooms. Players can create and share personalized player cards that show off who you are as well as create customized dance routines to the songs, your own musical phrase and personalized comments about their favorite in-game videos, all via StreetPass&#8482;. The game also utilizes the AR card and photo capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS to bring characters to life in 3D.

&#8220;Hatsune Miku&#8217;s popularity in the West keeps growing, and we are proud to support such an amazing franchise with our games,&#8221; said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America.

Nice, so it's Mirai 2 plus extra content.

I bet it's digital only though. I'd pay $30.

Hmm I think I shall be getting this. Always love me some new rhythm games. Now if only the iM@S games were to get localized.
Now that's one series I'm interested in.

Project Mirai 2 is definitely a fair amount easier than Project Diva F, though to be honest, that really just means that I saw the "Failed" screen on the hardest songs on Extreme in PDF compared to never seeing it at all in PM2. I actually ended up liking the difficulty balance in PM2 more, though, because getting Perfect/All SP in Project Mirai 2 felt like a much more attainable and less frustrating goal (albeit with sufficient challenge, there's still a good number that are out of reach) than getting Perfects in Project Diva F. But, I mean, if you want a game with songs that will totally kick your ass like the hardest stuff in PDF, you won't find it here.

bigkrev

Wow, if people buy the games, Sega will continue to localize them. Something Yakuza fans should have realized!

15 years of Dreamcast and Xbox controllers are probably going to make this game unplayable to me though. I know it's wishful thinking, but if they could even include the option to turn the buttons into arrows or something that would make sense to someone used to Xbox controllers, that would be great.

This is a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect this to be localized. I'm curious to see what the extras added in are going to be.

Top Bottom