• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3) coming to NA/EU in Aug (Retail/Digital, Demo Tues)

I don't understand who Sega is marketing this to. This is not a mass market friendly game, and Miku-philes (should) have imported it already.

Uh, all the Miku fans who aren't dedicated enough to import it but are willing to buy an English release? I'm pretty sure there are a ton of people like that (I'm one of them).

Furthermore, kids in middle school and high school often have difficulty importing, especially compared to just going to GameStop or Target and spending their allowance. A lot of western Miku fans are in that position.

Once again, it's really just a matter of install base. Most Miku fans probably have PS3. A Vita? Eh..Maybe not. Not like these sort of games were getting localized before. Black Rock Shooter is on the PSP, which makes it accessible enough, but the Vita is a different case.

Uh, all the Miku fans who aren't dedicated enough to import it but are willing to buy an English release? I'm pretty sure there are a ton of people like that (I'm one of them).

Furthermore, kids in middle school and high school often have difficulty importing, especially compared to just going to GameStop or Target and spending their allowance. A lot of western Miku fans are in that position.

Time will tell, but I just don't buy it. If by "ton" you mean a thousand people, then yeah I agree. But that is still tiny. The western Miku fanbase will remain niche until she can sing English, and the fanbase that will buy this game is even tinier.

Basically I do not believe there is an army of high school kids champing at the bit to spend money on a game like this. Maybe it will be worth Sega's while, and if it means we get a sequel to Diva f later this year I'm all for it. I'd just prefer to see a new Miku game announced than a localization of last year's model.

Aytrial

Shame that EU (and by extension I assume AU) will only be getting a digital release. I'll definitely be importing the US physical release.

Even though I'm not the best at rhythm games, I've really enjoyed the Vita version. On the off chance Sega localises that as well, I'll definitely be triple-dipping.

Time will tell, but I just don't buy it. If by "ton" you mean a thousand people, then yeah I agree. But that is still tiny. The western Miku fanbase will remain niche until she can sing English, and the fanbase that will buy this game is even tinier.

Basically I do not believe there is an army of high school kids champing at the bit to spend money on a game like this. Maybe it will be worth Sega's while, and if it means we get a sequel to Diva f later this year I'm all for it. I'd just prefer to see a new Miku game announced than a localization of last year's model.

I dunno, there sure was a lot of excitement when they initially put up that Facebook banner asking for likes. How many of those likes become sales remains to be seen, but I don't think you can just write off an entire demographic without testing the waters.

Also, this isn't "last year's model" technically; DIVA F (PS3) came out in Japan on March of this year. It remains the newest game of the series and due to Sega sticking to significant dates when releasing new games (usually around Miku no Hi, 3/9, or Miku's birthday, 8/31) we can pretty much assume a new Project DIVA won't be coming out this year as we would have heard of it by now. Project mirai 2 is this year's August release.

Does it? 30 fps with framerate problems would be disappointing. :/

The issue most people had was that it was 30fps in the first place, but that 30fps is fairly consistent. Still jarring if you're used to the 60fps Dreamy Theater engine though.

It's much more than a thousand. You're right, it's niche, but for niche standards the fanbase is sizable over here. This is mainly because she seems to have become a notable part of "weeaboo culture" over here. It shouldn't cost them too much to localize this game so I doubt it'd have to sell that much to be profitable.

EDIT: That said, if this gets on the NPD chart for August I'll piss myself and immediately believe in the next apocalypse fad.

I work at two high schools and I've seen kids wearing Miku shirts as well as Miku artwork displayed outside art and Japanese classrooms. Don't assume anything.

Also, this isn't "last year's model" technically; DIVA F (PS3) came out in Japan on March of this year. It remains the newest game of the series and due to Sega sticking to significant dates when releasing new games (usually around Miku no Hi, 3/9, or Miku's birthday, 8/31) we can pretty much assume a new Project DIVA won't be coming out this year as we would have heard of it by now. Project mirai 2 is this year's August release.

Wonder if Sega USA is gonna try and release this close to Miku's birthday then which will probably be 8/27. That would be pretty nifty of them.

Danj

I don't suppose PSN does digital preorders? I'm in the EU so no retail release here (and I'm assuming there'll be DLC, so I need a version that will work with the UK PSN store).

Finally I can HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU. Its hard enough learning Mandarin let alone Moon runes, so I just consigned this to the list of games I would never play. A nice surprise to day the least. Hopefully some good trophies as well

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shit, if this coming, Yakuza 1+2 HD Edition and Yakuza 5 have to be a lock, right?

Right? :(

They're holding Yakuza 5 back so this wills ell because otherwise it won't since Yakuza comes with the SUPERIOR Taiko Drums arcade game. Obviously.

I will get it just for this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDD6Vbw9llI

Is it true thought that the whole song is actually about suicide?
Huh, I played this song a lot and I never thought it was actually about suicide. It could be. I guess it really depends on the person who originally made it because the lyrics can go either way really.

The problem with a high context language is that it is open to interpretation.

I didn't see this announcement earlier...even though I've imported the Japanese version consider me sold double-dipping on an English version as well.

kiryogi

Banned
Once again, it's really just a matter of install base. Most Miku fans probably have PS3. A Vita? Eh..Maybe not. Not like these sort of games were getting localized before. Black Rock Shooter is on the PSP, which makes it accessible enough, but the Vita is a different case.

I don't even think it's just what Miku fans have, but the Vita situation in general. The userbase here in the states is absolutely abysmal here despite what folks in here want. Which makes all the vita begging and boycotting the ps3 version rather amusing to see, when it's so ignorant.

clairobskur

Neo Member
The songs aren't getting translated anyway, and you'd have English menus.
i have already imported the vita version, as well as the previous games on psp (+ HD ver on PS3). i know how to play this game.
to tell the truth, even if written in japanese, menus are REALLY easy to understand.
but i'm happy for american fans who never played the game.
as for european fans… well, we were treated like shit… once again.

i have already imported the vita version, as well as the previous games on psp (+ HD ver on PS3). i know how to play this game.
to tell the truth, even if written in japanese, menus are REALLY easy to understand.
but i'm happy for american fans who never played the game.
as for european fans… well, we were treated like shit… once again.

So you already have the Japanese version lol. I'm going to import it from America just to have a physical copy. I have it on Vita too, platinummed even, it would've been nice to know what most of the text was about lol.

Really looking forward to this.

I would hope this means more localized miku games in the future, if it does well enough. I don't know how big the fanbase is in Europe though :/

Project Diva F came out on the Vita last August, and on the PS3 just March this year. Do you want Sega to drive the series to the ground the way Guitar Hero was milked to death?

Project Diva F came out on the Vita last August, and on the PS3 just March this year. Do you want Sega to drive the series to the ground the way Guitar Hero was milked to death?

Oh please. If there's a market for DLC, double-dip PS3 ports, and Mirai games, then a legitimate sequel 12 months on isn't going to harm the series. The former are far more likely to run the concept into the ground than the latter.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Just played it for a bit. Probably my colour blindness but out of the Arcade, Vita and this, this is probably my least favourite version. Having such a huge video behind the notes kills my eyes. Arcade version is best and Vita version I don't like much because of the touch stars, but I think the video-behind-notes issues isn't -as- bad on the smaller Vita screen.

Same as the PS3 JP demo.

Same amount of rustiness I had when I played that too.

Still not used to the big screen but still enjoying it. :]

Tried the demo, they really ramped things up since the first Project Diva. I like the visuals in F, they don't make the Vocaloids look like creepy Kigurumi suits like Dreamy Theater's does. Despite being really into peripheral-free rhythm games I've slacked on importing the Project Divas so I'm looking forward to this.

Wehrwolf

I will get it just for this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDD6Vbw9llI

Is it true thought that the whole song is actually about suicide?

3 days late to reply, but you're probably thinking of Rolling Girl, another song made by wowaka.

Edit: Though, I suppose you could take some of the lyrics in this song to maybe be also about that, but I'm not certain. At any rate, Rolling Girl is definately about suicide and by the same producer.

Danj

Is this demo up on the EU PSN store yet? It's supposed to be today I think? Can I set my PS3 to remotely download it?

Top Bottom