• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just got my first Perfect, on Ashes to Ashes. Which I assume will be a lot of people's first Perfect since it's suuuuuuuper easy.

Aytrial

I just blew getting a perfect on that song!

FKX0YTKFB7FYD1U.LARGE.gif

Just finished the game on normal and starting on hard. Enjoyed the song selection with Remote Controller being my favourite right now. Though I would've preferred to be able to jump into hard from the onset, as I just don't get into the rhythm as much with the beat patterns of lower difficulties in rhythm games.

Also, what does giving gifts/decorating rooms/touching and petting vocaloids/raising affinity in general do?

Kumubou

Man, I really wish the game let you play on Hard or Extreme right away. Having to grind through everyone on Normal and then on Hard is tedious at times, even with the challenge mods (and I wish you could stack them, I want to play with stealth+mega survival+perfectionist and get ALL THE DELLARSDIVA POINTS). I'm also having trouble finding the perfect sync in this game, it feels like it seems to change on a per-song basis.

Also, why the hell are there no online leaderboards for songs? You think that would be something super obvious to have... that and I want to see how many people are nutso enough to 100% perfect songs (which is damn hard; I swear the perfect window is one frame or something tiny).

* I still hate the Star notes, even while some here on GAF have argued that I'm wrong in why I hate them..
I completely agree with you on the star notes in your review; I can't stand them. If they wanted to add an analog element they should have added effectors to the song or something... but by that point, the game would pretty much turned into Sound Voltex (minus all of the Touhou music).

* Luka still = best Vocaloid. FACT.
This is a TRUTHFACT. Please believe.

I am so blood-suckingly miserable at this game. I just can't get the timing down and I'm fairly sure it's not the calibration as that's done very little for me. It's weird because I've played games like Elite Beat Agents and Gitaroo Man before but this one just...it's like the button presses aren't actually in time with the music or I'm not hitting them that way or something. It's weird.

Aytrial

I am so blood-suckingly miserable at this game. I just can't get the timing down and I'm fairly sure it's not the calibration as that's done very little for me. It's weird because I've played games like Elite Beat Agents and Gitaroo Man before but this one just...it's like the button presses aren't actually in time with the music or I'm not hitting them that way or something. It's weird.

Keep an eye on the actual "clock hands" on the notes for the correct timing, rather than when the notes appear.

Is there anyway to enable a certain module/items on the vocaloids so I don't have to re-equip them every time?

I am loving the game, and I've been playing for the last 3 hours or so.

yyr

Is the DLC song not available yet? I don't see it in PlayStation Store.

Man, I really wish the game let you play on Hard or Extreme right away. Having to grind through everyone on Normal and then on Hard is tedious at times,

Do like I do and go for those Perfects. Go for every last one. I have only 3 non-Perfects on the Vita version (including Extreme difficulty) and I'm hoping to take this one all the way, eventually. I guess it helps if you're like me and enjoy all the music, though.

And yes, no Leaderboards seems like a major oversight.

Holy shit, I am awful. I can't even complete the first two songs on normal mode ;_;

Try not to be too discouraged. Because of the way the scoring system works, it is very easy to fail a song after missing just a few notes in the wrong places. You need 80 out of 100 points to pass; 6 of those depend on nailing the Technical Zones and 5 depend on hitting that last Star in Chance Time (after getting enough notes to fill it up). Once you get the hang of the game's timing, become more familiar with the game's music, and start to nail these choice sections, all of the pieces will fall into place...have faith =)

Cheska

You'll get better! That is pretty much my experience playing the first game on the PSP.

Man I hope so though I'm honestly getting tired of hearing Cat Food and Secret Police :p I suppose this being my first Miku game and all I should expect there to be a pretty large learning curve.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Man I hope so though I'm honestly getting tired of hearing Cat Food and Secret Police :p I suppose this being my first Miku game and all I should expect there to be a pretty large learning curve.

Just play it on easy for a few songs while you get used to it.

Aytrial

Easy is the best thing to do if you're having trouble so you at least unlock more songs to play.

zroid

Banned
that vocaloid "Seeeegaaaaa"

oh man. I know I'm going to have a real love/hate with this game.

edit: I can't believe the tutorial is Ievan Polkka. That is amazing

Cheska

The issue I find with easy is that you're literally only pressing like one button, versus the chaos that begins once you step up to the next level.

Cheska

So you basically want to pay attention to the actual clock and try to hit the notes when the hand moves to the 12 o'clock spot?

Aytrial

Esura

Banned
Just got my first Perfect, on Ashes to Ashes. Which I assume will be a lot of people's first Perfect since it's suuuuuuuper easy.

That was my perfect on Vita. That and Remote Control. Funny enough, they are right next to each other.

I don't know why my local Gamestop didn't have my copy of Hatsune Miku's Project Diva f in....do they get games in on Wednesdays too?

Cheska

It's really a combination of paying attention to both the clock hand and the approaching coloured note. I'm having a hard time describing it, but it becomes second nature with practice.

I suppose the main thing is just practice, practice, practice. The songs are getting catchier at least :D

zroid

Banned
You mean love/love, right?

looool :(

Well, the thing is I'm not really a fan of vocaloid... but on the other hand I love rhythm games (even though I'm not great at them). So for now, I'm ambivalent, but who knows, maybe playing this game for hours and hours, I'll begin to appreciate the robo-vocals. It's possible! :p

But in either case I'm glad I bought this because I want to see more publishers take chances with reeeeeeaally unexpected localizations. And the game seems pretty polished and charming for what it is.

Aaaaaanyway, after playing a few tracks on easy, and proceeding to fail a couple times when I upped the difficulty, I beat Cat Food on Normal -- and it's time to call it a night. I definitely am going to have to get used to the star notes. Thumbstick flicking feels SUPER weird, especially for a rhythm game. Reminds me of the stylus flicking in Rhythm Heaven DS, but PDf seems content to keep those stars coming just as fast as the other notes, which is throwing me off a lot.

I've been watching gameplay videos of this online, and my mind is all full of fuck.

If I were to impulse buy this, would you guys recommend the Vita or ps3 version? I think I'd prefer to be able to play this game whenever/wherever.

Are trophies shared between the two?

Edit: BAH. PS3 ONLY IN NA.

kiryogi

Banned
Got my copy! Apparently only 2 came in and both were preordered, one being mine. At least 2-3 people came in today according to clerk looking for it, but denied~

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I refused to do that and I beat World is Mine eventually!

You don't have to beat it on easy. Just play on easy until the songs start to hit 4 star difficulties and then jump back into normal which starts at 4 star difficulty.

Busaiku

Hurray, I can do a couple songs on Hard.
Negaposi Continues is annoying as usual.

Ashes to Ashes on Extreme was ridiculous...
I couldn't even get through like 25% of it...
And it has less stars than some songs I made it through on Hard (didn't pass, but lived).

I completely agree with you on the star notes in your review; I can't stand them. If they wanted to add an analog element they should have added effectors to the song or something... but by that point, the game would pretty much turned into Sound Voltex (minus all of the Touhou music).

On the Vita version, the Star notes were more or less identical in function to beatmania's turntable: similarly positioned just a little out of the way and pretty much identical in terms of how the game wants them performed (though I wish they were timed normally instead of being easymode). Coming from Vita to PS3 it isn't a huge paradigm shift to do it with the analog stick, but I can see starting with the PS3's implementation being totally awkward.

Got my copy! Apparently only 2 came in and both were preordered, one being mine. At least 2-3 people came in today according to clerk looking for it, but denied~

This is a sad state of affairs when you have advertising for the game that is actually working, but the one nationwide retailer that even stocked the game failed to stock enough, so the game effectively doesn't exist as far as the general public is concerned. Money on the table.

narton

So there's 38 songs in all? That seems kinda light for a rhythm game.

I assume all the Japan only prequels had different songs? Will there be anyway to play them as DLC or something?

Top Bottom