• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F |OT| BELEEK (PS3/Vita)

e5wPZbk.png

The virtual pop star makes her International debut! Project DIVA f/F, the fourth iteration of the Project DIVA series, was the first to make its way to a worldwide audience in August 2013 on PlayStation 3, and comes to the Vita in March 2014!​

70DaymE.png

Release Date/Price (Vita):
  • JP: August 30, 2012 - Retail: ¥7329, PSN: ¥6600
  • NA: March 4, 2014 - PSN: $29.99
  • EU: March 13, 2014 - PSN: €29.99 / £23.99
Release Date/Price (PS3):
  • JP: March 7, 2013 - Retail: ¥7329, PSN: ¥6600
  • NA: August 27, 2013 - Retail/PSN: $49.99
  • EU: September 4, 2013 - PSN: €44.99 / £36.99
Number of Players: 1
Genre: Rhythm Action
Platform: PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3
Rating: CERO C / ESRB T / PEGI 3
Official Website: [PS3] [Vita]

Order now (PS3 retail):
SEN Web Store:

hxpYj1T.png

Project DIVA is a celebration of Internet creativity, with a track list composed nearly entirely of songs produced by people like you using the Vocaloid software. The game matches rhythm-focused gameplay with beautifully choreographed music videos, with enough range in style to appeal to everyone!

mKfVbHK.png

To play the game, tap the buttons that appear on the screen in time with the music.

Besides the standard button taps, you will also encounter the following:

• Holds: Appears as an input with a long trail. Press and hold the button, then release at the end of the trail. You are graded on both the initial press and the release!
  • Doubles: Appearing as an arrow, you will need to press both the direction shown on the d-pad and the corresponding face button simultaneously. For example, if you see a Right arrow, you will need to press D-Pad Right and Circle simultaneously.
  • Stars: The newest input type is performed by swiping the Vita touch screen or flicking one of the analog sticks on PS3. To perform multiple Star inputs in rapid succession, swipe or flick in alternate directions. On PS3 you can also use both analog sticks at once!
i hope i didnt get anythign wrong

w2sZ4T8.jpg
Each song also has special segments to be performed:
  • Technical Zone: finish this entire segment without breaking your combo for extra points!
  • Chance Time: build your Star meter throughout this segment, then hit the big Star at the end for extra points and to see an alternate ending for the music video!
When you need a break, also check out the DIVA Room, where you can help Miku and the others decorate and play a relaxing game of rock, paper, scissors, or the Live Stage where you can watch them perform special live versions of their songs!​

iJ9Ch1v.png

Names are in Family name, given name order.

Hatsune Miku:
eseXVoX.jpg

Kagamine Rin & Len
7of6Qzq.jpg

STjNjFn.jpg

Megurine Luka
iGvAGY2.jpg

MEIKO and KAITO
ahKQGrU.jpg

ATDd5SY.png

• Cat Food (キャットフード) / doriko (music/lyrics)
  • Secret Police (秘密警察) / Buriru (music/lyrics)
  • Melancholic (メランコリック) / Junky (music/lyrics)
  • Weekender Girl / kz (lyrics/arrangement), Hachioji P (music)
  • Time Machine (タイムマシン) / 164 (lyrics), 40mP (music), 1640mP (arrangement)
  • DYE / AVTechNO! (music/lyrics)
  • Fire◎Flower / halyosy (music/lyrics), halyosy & is (arrangement)
  • Summer Idol (サマーアイドル) / OSTER project (music/lyrics)
  • ACUTE / Kurousa (music/lyrics)
  • Urbandonment (トリノコシティ) / 40mP (music/lyrics)
  • What Do You Mean!? (どういうことなの!?) / Kuchibashi P (music/lyrics)
  • Stay With Me / shu-t (music/lyrics)
  • Hm? Ah, Yes. (え?あぁ、そう。) / papiyon (music/lyrics)
  • Remote Controller (リモコン) / Jesus (music/lyrics)
  • Ashes to Ashes (ハイハハイニ) / niboshi (lyrics), Tennen (music)
  • World's End Umbrella / Hachi (music/lyrics)
  • Freely Tomorrow / Mitchie M/ЯIRE (lyrics), Mitchie M (music)
  • Monochrome∞Blue Sky (モノクロ∞ブルースカイ) / Noboru↑ (music/lyrics)
  • Glasses (MEGANE) / Ultra-Noob (music/lyrics)
  • Kagamine HachiHachi Flower Fight (鏡音八八花合戦) / Niregiru (lyrics), Moja P (music)
  • World's End Dance Hall (ワールズエンド・ダンスホール) / wowaka (music/lyrics)
  • The MMORPG Addict's Anthem (ネトゲ廃人シュプレヒコール) / satuki ga tenkomori (music/lyrics)
  • Nostalogic / yuukiss (music/lyrics)
  • Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya! / daniwell (music/lyrics)
  • Unhappy Refrain (アンハッピーリフレイン) / wowaka (music/lyrics)
  • Odds & Ends / ryo (music/lyrics)
  • Tengaku (天樂) / Yuuyu (music/lyrics)
  • God-Tier Tune (神曲) / Onyuu P (music/lyrics), Pinocchio P (arrangement)
  • Black★Rock Shooter (ブラック★ロックシューター) / ryo (music/lyrics)
  • Negaposi*Continues (ネガポジ*コンティニューズ) / sasakure.UK (music/lyrics)
  • Sadistic.Music∞Factory / cosMo@Bousou P (music/lyrics)
  • Continuing Dream (夢の続き) / Dixie Flatline (music/lyrics)
Extra songs (included in PS3 release, DLC in Vita release):
  • Tell Your World / kz (music/lyrics)
  • Tokyo Teddy Bear (東京テディベア) / Neru (music/lyrics)
  • Dream-Eating Monochrome Baku (夢喰い白黒バク) / Nem (music/lyrics)
  • Sweet Devil / q*left (lyrics), Hachioji P (music)
  • Rin-chan Now! (リンちゃんなう!) / sezu (lyrics), Owata P (music)
  • Senbonzakura (千本桜) / Kurousa (music/lyrics)

gSxYgx0.png

Download content is cross-buy; buy it for one platform and you receive it free on the other!
  • Extra Character Modules: Use the not-quite Vocaloids Akita Neru, Yowane Haku, and Kasane Teto.
    NA Release: August 27, 2013 ($2.99)
    EU Release: October 2, 2013 (€2.49 / £1.99)

jCRbGUl.png

• Snow Miku 2013 Costumes: The hooded and unhooded variants of the Snow Miku 2013 costume.
    NA Release: October 8, 2013 ($2.99) Was also available as a preorder bonus from GameStop.
    EU Release: September 25, 2013 (€2.49 / £1.99)

9r8r4Rl.png

• Extra Songs pack (Vita only): The six extra songs above, plus associated costumes, accessories, and extra songs for AR mode.
    NA Release: March 4, 2014 ($9.99)
    EU Release: March 13, 2014 (€7.99 / £6.49)

• DIVA Enhancement Pack (Vita only): Additional accessories as well as extras for use in Edit mode. Free!
    NA Release: March 4, 2014 (Free)
    EU Release: March 12, 2014 (Free)

tmc7kAw.png

L2hTxcV.png

God, I remember when I started playing Diva for the first time like about a month and a half ago.

In the last month and a half, I became hopelessly addicted to this game. Went from having difficulty on Normal songs to finishing the entire game on Extreme, having three songs perfected on Extreme, and the ability the Great or Excellent pretty much everything else (except NegiPosi*Continue and Sadistic.Music Factory, fuck those songs).

Neat to see the game finally coming to the West, but I don't need to pick up the English version after importing both the PS3 version and Vita version from Japan. Enjoy it fellow NA folk! The game is so worth it!

I tried the demo and I suck at it, a lot. I was actually rather competent in DJ max portable, and completed Osu on very hard, so I think I should be able to be at least decent. Tell me what I am doing wrong, Miku-gaf!

Game has nice IQ btw, 4xMSAA probably.

Hi everyone,

Just want to say a very big THANK YOU to everyone who helped us make this game a reality. Everyone's support earlier in the year during the Facebook campaign really did make a huge difference.

There's a lot more to come as we approach the release in August, so we're glad to see so many people just as excited as some of us at SEGA are. :)

I'm also seeing a lot of comments about questions regarding the calibration system, which is good feedback. May see if we can do a little guide video at some point to help easily explain it, along with some tips and tricks for improving score.

I have both the Vita and PS3 versions and can confirm that this is an excellent rhythm game as long as you like the music. Definitely check out the demo if you are curious.

In honour of the twin-tails... c'mon, GAF - support Miku when she hits Western shores!

Okay, my review is up on EGM.

Before any fellow Vocaloid fans get mad at me, let's be clear:

* This review was written as my best attempt at a catch-all review, so it doesn't go hardcore into all of the changes made in F. I know that.
* I still hate the Star notes, even while some here on GAF have argued that I'm wrong in why I hate them.
* Luka still = best Vocaloid. FACT.
* I did end up taking my own screenshots after all.

I'm on a plane right now, and a little girl is sitting next to me. That means I can play Project Diva f without anyone giving me weird looks.

That little girl is probably going to judge me so hard.

I'm loving this. For me this is much preferred to the PS3 release. I found the game to be really visually distracting on my big screen TV but on the Vita it just seems perfect with the exception of the Star notes. I am having trouble with the touchscreen on the Star notes but it might just be me. I certainly need more practice!

OMG I am in love with this game. What a charming little game this is.

For some reason I just didn't click with it on PS3, but the Vita version is ace.

Diva is eating heavily into my Dark Souls 2 time. I'm really surprised at how good it is.

It's crazy. I've never been a fan of Vocaloids but I should have given it a chance earlier. It's really, really addictive and there's so much stuff to do on the side besides the rhythm game as well. Really great stuff.

I played PDf during my entire 2-hour flight. I think that girl might become a future Miku fan.
Her mom was judging me so hard. D:

Special Thanks to Red_taiyaki for the banners and MaverickHunterAsh for providing the track list!

cjkeats

Can't wait.
A little bummed when I realized Sekiranun Graffiti was in an older game and not this one. Oh well, at least we get Odds & Ends!

Yes, this is a new thread, yes, the reasons for it being a new thread should be obvious, no, we don't need to get into all that again.

Kazzy

I'm really curious to see if this turns the tide on Miku appreciation on GAF. I'm more concerned with the game itself, but I was really surprised that I actually had my preconceptions turned, at least a little.

So to anybody sitting on the fence, if you want a good rhythm game, regardless of how you may feel about it's presentation, I recommend this.

kiryogi

Banned
So one of my friends tells me about his friends experience @ a gamestop. Apparently, the clerk that was helping them out wouldn't stop going on about how how her daughter was super hyped for Miku. Fucking cute.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Rewind, restart.

I'm excited for my first Miku game. I love rhythm games, so this should be a neat new experience. Thanks for the controls section and stuff.

Is this the first game to have a second OT made before the game even came out? :O
Nope. Not at all.

Luigi87

So... Very tempted to get this.

I do have f on Vita, but... Ugh, supporting the NA release, I really should do that @_@
Will be an expensive day, what with Killer is Dead also releasing...

Kumubou

Wait, wha...oh. The new OT is missing all of the Domino's stuff, though. Where's my leek pizza? :<

So Project Diva F is actually coming out in the US and that's still a little weird to process. Never mind the English adaptation of Miku and all of the other materials that are available outside of Japan now and aaaaagdsfdsfds

How many DLC songs will there be? And are they the best songs? Would rather have a physical copy of the game than download from PSN if I can. (EU here)

Slight interest but will buy to support the Miku fans on GAF lol and if it increases the chances of Yakuza 5 getting a western release...the better XD

Edit: Wait other topic mentioned Ouendan like gameplay!??!?? Will get lol, but need the DLC question be answered lol.

Ken

How many DLC songs will there be? And are they the best songs? Would rather have a physical copy of the game than download from PSN if I can. (EU here)

Slight interest but will buy to support the Miku fans on GAF lol and if it increases the chances of Yakuza 5 getting a western release...the better XD

but secret police and odds n ends is in the base game

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone on the fence or want to get a feel for, please check out my review! Made it a couple of months ago for importers, I doubt the content will be much different besides an english interface.

Like I said a thread ago, ready to unlock everything all over again. Future Rin is <3

As I said in the previous thread. I loved the hell out the demo and I've been playing a ton of rhythm games lately. Tuesday can not come quick enough!

Meia

I'm really curious to see if this turns the tide on Miku appreciation on GAF. I'm more concerned with the game itself, but I was really surprised that I actually had my preconceptions turned, at least a little.

So to anybody sitting on the fence, if you want a good rhythm game, regardless of how you may feel about it's presentation, I recommend this.

This was actually my feelings to it. I knew Miku was a thing, but never really paid much attention to it, or this game actually. Then seeing vids reminded me a little of Elite Beat Agents, which I loved. Figured I'd give it a shot even if J-pop can be somewhat hit or miss with me(mostly like though).

Giolon

Got my pre-order in @ Gamestop! It's the first thing that will pull me away from Dragon's Crown.

World's End Dancehall forever!

Top Bottom