• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 X360 framerate-question

SpokkX

have you tried it online and still claim it has as good framerate as is has on the Xbox?

I saw the movies of the 360 version som weeks ago on teamxbox and I could have sworn the graphics "stuttered" a bit in the video

Is this fixed in the newest version of the emulator? some of you guys must have tried a big team battle already!

SpokkX

no-one has tried it online?

blimblim or someone with good equipment, can´t you make a movie of a multiplayer match?

Raiden

Banned
SpokkX said:
no-one has tried it online?

blimblim or someone with good equipment, can´t you make a movie of a multiplayer match?

I would really like to see and know this as well.

Well i just want some footage actually..

IJoel

Didn't try Halo/Halo 2 last night but Ninja Gaiden was a slideshow at times. Heck, Murai's fight was pretty much a slideshow during 80% of it.

SpokkX

people have said halo2 was "smoother" on 360... but the movie I saw from teamxbox.com (a few days old) had DEFINATE stuttering in the framerate

http://movies.teamxbox.com/xbox/halo2/halo2_onxbox360.wmv

check it out, after they breach the first door (that the covenant come through)
the game's framerate "stutters" quite a bit...

I would like to see a multiplayer movie of the newest "emulator release" and see if the stuttering is still there..

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
lol! You've got to be kidding me!

They should've dropped BC altogether.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
SpokkX said:
are you serious?!

I doubt he (Kseutron) has either a 360 or Halo 2 to try it on. Check his post history. Frame rate is almost always exactly ther same as on Xbox.

Troll.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
IJoel said:
Didn't try Halo/Halo 2 last night but Ninja Gaiden was a slideshow at times. Heck, Murai's fight was pretty much a slideshow during 80% of it.

Really?

That fucking sucks.

SpokkX

Stinkles said:
I doubt he (Kseutron) has either a 360 or Halo 2 to try it on. Check his post history. Frame rate is almost always exactly ther same as on Xbox.

Troll.

on the movie from teamxbox the framerate looks stuttery as hell though... I would really like a movie of multiplayer

Miroku

Ninja Gaiden Black on 360 is absolute garbage. I didnt experience dropped frames resulting in a slideshow, but just slowdown to the point where I felt like everything was underwater. Fighting Murai was ridiculous. I'd guess the game was running about at about 20% speed.

The speed was tolerable while running around in the ninja fortress, but once there was any combat, forget about it.

I only tried playing it with the xbox set up at 720p. perhaps changing its output resolution in the dashboard setup would make a difference, but I dont know.

It plays the same regardless of what res you run it at. I was worried there was something wrong with my 360 after someone said it didn't slow down for them. I guess it wasn't just me...

TwIsTeD

played DOA3 this morning......for the whole 10 mins I played it was pretty as hell and the framerate was flawless....but then again its DOA3

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Error Macro said:
Jeezus...

Could you be anymore blatant?

What do you mean?

If you're one of those types that get all up in arms the minute someone says something not-so-flattering about _____'s console, don't bother accusing me as I have no agenda.

This is a forum where we discuss shit. Deal with it.

maynerd

Banned
Seriously why don't we have more info on how Halo 2 performs on X360? I wanna know how it looks, how it performs, and how is it on live. I need answers.

Kseutron

Stinkles said:

Troll.

Well you're wrong

I played HL2 on Xbox this morning and I can tell that the frame rate is pretty terrible. As terrible on Xbox 360 as it is on Xbox (but the game does look slightly better on the X360)

ypo

Heh, MS probably consider booting to the title screen backwards compatible. I knew this kind of stuff would happen.

Stinkles

Kseutron said:
Well you're wrong

I played HL2 on Xbox this morning and I can tell that the frame rate is pretty terrible. As terrible on Xbox 360 as it is on Xbox (but the game does look slightly better on the X360)

If you're denying your troll-hood, you're not really doing a great job.

But your original post indicated the frame rate was much WORSE, not the same.

Sean

Banned
I just tried a Halo 2 multiplayer game over Live on my standard (Sony WEGA) TV.

It ran flawlessly. No framerate drops or anything. The textures seem a lot cleaner, the text looks cleaner. It's very sharp, not jaggy at all. Also the menus seemed a lot faster (pressing Y for example pops up the friends list instantly when before, on xbox 1, there was a slight delay for me). The only thing that seemed weird to me was the audio. Not quite sure, but it sounded a little different (especially the voice communication quality). Maybe it was just the lag though (I was playing in Big Team Battle).

I was also having trouble adjusting to the new button placement of the Back/Start/Black/White buttons. I kept trying to press the back button to brign up the scores and I wasn't hitting anything :lol I guess I have to adjust the controls or something or keep playing until I get used to the new controller.

Stinkles

Sean said:
I was also having trouble adjusting to the new button placement of the Back/Start/Black/White buttons. I kept trying to press the back button to brign up the scores and I wasn't hitting anything :lol I guess I have to adjust the controls or something or keep playing until I get used to the new controller.

Me too, then I had the reverse prob when I went back to the Xbox.

Ryck

Xbox live in general is slow as hell today, so I didn't bother playing online....in game its smooth as silk tho and pretty as hell.

SpokkX

Sean said:

It ran flawlessly. No framerate drops or anything. The textures seem a lot cleaner, the text looks cleaner. It's very sharp, not jaggy at all. Also the menus seemed a lot faster (pressing Y for example pops up the friends list instantly when before, on xbox 1, there was a slight delay for me). The only thing that seemed weird to me was the audio. Not quite sure, but it sounded a little different (especially the voice communication quality). Maybe it was just the lag though (I was playing in Big Team Battle).

ok so no stuttering like in the movie from teamxbox?

you can confirm that the framerate is not worse than it is on xbox (i think halo 2s framerate on xbox is quite ok)

Tedesco!

I played Halo 2 today on the 360 and thought that it was the best I've seen it. I have nothing negative to say about Halo 2 on the 360.

KingJ2002

I tried it out on the 360

all the system seemed to so is stretch the 480p picture and used some anti-aliasing... some places look sharper but it's still noticably ugly on an LCD

HokieJoe

Well, I broke my 360 in with Ninja Gaiden Black last night. The game definitely looks better, but there's some points during which the frame rate slows down a bit. It always looks smooth in motion, but the frame rate slows down too much in many spots. Hopefully they'll patch it to keep the frame rate more consistent.

PGR3 looks the business on my 60" Hitachi SDTV though. :D

Ecrofirt

Halo 2 runs beautifully. I've played quite a bit of the single player and multiplayer on X360, and there were no problems with it whatsoever, other than the Live update gonig slow as fuck. It was suggested that this is a router problem, but I've been able to download all the XBLA games blazingly fast.

Kseutron said:
Well you're wrong

HL2??

Half-Life 2?

This is a question about Halo 2

SpokkX

ChennehCis said:
HL2??

Half-Life 2?

This is a question about Halo 2

haha, yeah this was about halo 2..

noone seems to think there is a framerate-problem with halo2 which is good news though..

guess they fixed it after that teamxbox-video..

Kseutron

OMG ! I just have to buy new eyes........... self owned :D

well..... yes, I was refering to HALF LIFE 2 !!!! Of course halo 2 is smooth... but Half life 2 is just full of slowdowns on Xbox and on X360 as well (still no one cares, i got it :)))

Seth C

Sean said:

I agree. I played a game and finished third. My rank was 1, I lost to two guys who were 9 and 6, so they obviously have more Halo 2 online experience than me, but I kept up. I was on a 9 kill spree in a game to 25 when it ended. I didn't notice any problems.

Stinkles

Kseutron said:

well..... yes, I was refering to HALF LIFE 2 !!!! Of course halo 2 is smooth... but Half life 2 is just full of slowdowns on Xbox and on X360 as well (still no one cares, i got it :)))

then I apologize for calling you a troll, even though it was your fault.

SpokkX

people on bungie.net can´t seem to come to an agreement..

some say there are framerateproblems and some don´t..

I am really sensitive to this kind of thing and would like to see for myself (live in europe so the console is not out yet)

can´t someone make a movie of Halo2 live multiplayer on X360?

blimblim perhaps ;)

shpankey

not an idiot
Kseutron said:

:lol cRaZy

It happens to the best of us... don't sweat it.

Raiden

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
i've played halo, halo 2 and doa3 on 360 and the only time i've noticed any kind of slowdown is during explosions...

Okay, good thing people never use grenades and rockets online because that would be oh-ow.

Oh wait...

IJoel

I played some Halo 2 last night and it was ran flawlessly. Not only that, but it looks quite a bit better in 1080i. No jaggies at all.

IJoel said:
I played some Halo 2 last night and it was ran flawlessly. Not only that, but it looks quite a bit better in 1080i. No jaggies at all.

I played a little Halo 2 in 720p and I thought it looked and played very smooth as well.

JMPovoa

GitarooMan said:
I played a little Halo 2 in 720p and I thought it looked and played very smooth as well.

Did you try it back on the old Xbox after that? Just to check if it was really worse than on the 360's higher resolution.

GhaleonEB

SpokkX said:
haha, yeah this was about halo 2..

noone seems to think there is a framerate-problem with halo2 which is good news though..

guess they fixed it after that teamxbox-video..

They probably used the early version of the BC emulator that is on the HD before downloading the update. In addition to online enablling for Halo 2, Bungie said it fixes some sound bugs and other issues.

SpokkX

I would still like (as many others I bet) to see a novie from multiplayer halo2 on the 360...

can´t some with equipment just throw something together?

Top Bottom