• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halls of Torment out in Early Access

Have only played for 5 hours so far but this game is awesome. If you enjoy games like Vampire Survivors or 20 Minutes Till Dawn then you should check this out. The art style is infinitely better IMO, and it has a few different things that make it stand out like finding gear that you can equip on your character outside of skills or perks. There is a demo you can play called "Prelude" on steam. Full version is about $7 AUD. Check it out!

DavidGzz

This is fun, I own it, but there is a demo for Death Must Die on Steam that is even better in my opinion. It has a dash and better graphics. Like Vampire Survivors meets Hades, with a loot system like Diablo.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It's a good game. I played with two characters, and it was enjoyable. However, the items on the map seem too far away, making it feel impossible to reach them.

Vampire Survivors really seems to have blown up this "reverse bullet hell" crazy auto shooter roguelike thingie genre.
Kinda jealous that they haven't migrated to consoles yet, as a huge Issac/Gungeon fan I'd love to try them out.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
This is fun, I own it, but there is a demo for Death Must Die on Steam that is even better in my opinion. It has a dash and better graphics. Like Vampire Survivors meets Hades, with a loot system like Diablo.
You can only aim to the right or left in that game, right? That's why I played it for a while and then closed it. In Halls of Torment, you can aim in a 360-degree range, and it gives you a better sense of control. I agree with what you said about the graphics though.

DavidGzz

Ok, got 7 classes unlocked. Looks like all of them going by the design at the campfire. About to try the sorceress.

DavidGzz

You can only aim to the right or left in that game, right? That's why I played it for a while and then closed it. In Halls of Torment, you can aim in a 360-degree range, and it gives you a better sense of control. I agree with what you said about the graphics though.

I think it's four directions but it covers all angles so I didn't see it as an issue.

Boneless

Better graphics? Death must looks way too much like a flash / mobile game imo.

Just finished the first boss with a swordman!

DavidGzz

Better graphics? Death must looks way too much like a flash / mobile game imo.

Just finished the first boss with a swordman!

Yeah, a lot better to me. Halls look pretty bad. I love it, but not because of the look. I like the knight in Death Must Die, reminds me of the fluted set in Demon's Souls.

Been playing since demo release. It's a nice little 'Diablo Survivors', but just like other survivors games; once you've cracked the code on skill/spell selection for each class combined with the meta progression, any challenge is gone.

VN1X

Banned
Been playing since demo release. It's a nice little 'Diablo Survivors', but just like other survivors games; once you've cracked the code on skill/spell selection for each class combined with the meta progression, any challenge is gone.
I urge you to try the full game. There's a ton of (hidden) content and unlocks.

Game really opens up and you gain access to new abilities as you progress.

I urge you to try the full game. There's a ton of (hidden) content and unlocks.

Game really opens up and you gain access to new abilities as you progress.

My wording may have caused confusion, I meant to say that I've played the game since demo release including early access (when it was released). I've a few unlocks/achievements left, but can beat the bridge with any class without real challenge. I haven't collected all the herbs and flasks, but honestly I don't feel I need any reroll or banish at all, so right now there isn't enough incentive for me to continue playing. I'll definitely return when there's a content patch.

MiguelItUp

Game is great, if you're on the fence, just bite and give it a shot. It's a LOT of fun. Especially if you're into Vampire Survivors, and you have love for the Diablo series.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Game is great, if you're on the fence, just bite and give it a shot. It's a LOT of fun. Especially if you're into Vampire Survivors, and you have love for the Diablo series.
Yeah it's indeed a lot of fun, and even a leap up from Vampire Survivors.

Its glaring flaw at the moment is, as we know, that there are only three maps :(

Yamisan

I've put atleast 10 hours in and its great but it just doesn't have that dopamine hit that Vampire Survivors gives you.

Top Bottom