• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
What exactly do you DO in this game though?

survive.gif

kcxiv

We'll have to see how it evolves, but apparently right now its not pay2win, although theres a chance you'll get a weapon from the airdrops you can purchase.

when 150 people on the server see that, its going to be massive battles for that damned crate. ITs going to be very very interesting thats for damned sure.

Huh. Have they indicated what the in-game purchases will be like? Weapons? Skins? Beans?

There will be a case and key system where you will get blueprints for cosmetic items. These blueprints will allow you to turn a t-shirt or a helmet into a rare version of it that looks cooler. You still have to find a helmet to convert but you will be able to convert as many as you want. Only people who get these blueprints will be able to convert the items. Other people who kill you will get a damaged version that decays over time. When you respawn the blueprint will still be in your inventory.

There will be Event tickets(probably a dollar) for servers like Battle Royale. Basically a hunger games server that cost a ticket to joining a match. Winners will get cosmetics, more tickets as well as other stuff. You will also get free tickets as well for playing the game but we don't know at what rate. Important to note regular servers(PvP, hardcore, PvE) Do not require these tickets.

Air drops. You get a beacon you drop that calls in an air drop that can have gear, vehicles, materials, guns or even zombies. You don't know. The entire server sees it coming and you have to fight off everyone else to get what's in the crates.

This is what they are doing for now to see how it works. They don't want this game to be play to win at all so if anything does throw all the balance it will be tweaked accordingly.

when 150 people on the server see that, its going to be massive battles for that damned crate. ITs going to be very very interesting thats for damned sure.

Yep. This was in Rust and it was an insane battle at every drop. The fact that everyone can see the plane and the crates are parachuted in slowly means you need to put up a fight to get these items. Here is the video of it in action.

Airdrops Reveal.

Turkoop

Banned
DAYUUUM
Great OT dude, I'm now more hyped ^^ Getting it day one but think the standard version.
Hope to meet some great people out there :)

FrsDvl

I'm very tempted to get this. I wasn't a huge fan of DayZ, but this looks a lot better to me.

Not sure if i want to pay 20$ to beta test something that will be free eventually...

Then why have early access and not a beta?

The game is in alpha. They actually have a lot of testing to do. Population balance on servers, stress tests for player made building with a large number of people playing, weapon spawns, what microtransctions don't ruin the game etc They need a large number of people to test these things but making it a free open beta would probably populate the servers with a bunch of people who will bash it for not being a finished game.

Compsiox

Banned
The game is in alpha. They actually have a lot of testing to do. Population balance on servers, stress tests for player made building with a large number of people playing, weapon spawns, what microtransctions don't ruin the game etc They need a large number of people to test these things but making it a free open beta would probably populate the servers with a bunch of people who will bash it for not being a finished game.

So people buying it when it's unfinished will keep them from complaining? Wouldn't that make them bash the game and be angry in general?

I know it says the game is early access but there are those people out there.

Pachimari

Okay I think I'm going for the €20 version, then I can get either of Resident Evil or Life is Strange as well.

I'll be playing tomorrow as well.

We should add each other on Steam.
Maybe a player list in the 2nd post?

Nice OP as well!

So people buying it when it's unfinished will keep them from complaining? Wouldn't that make them bash the game and be angry in general?

If you can pay for it I say it's fair game to criticize. The onus is on the devs to decide what they feel is acceptable to let people play, and if they pay for that "privilege", I say they have the right criticize. And you and I have the right to ignore those people.

For sure but there is enough warnings out there telling people what they are getting themselves into. Also those 20 dollars will keep a lot of people from just jumping in cause it's free and overloading the servers expecting a finished product.

Okay I think I'm going for the €20 version, then I can get either of Resident Evil or Life is Strange as well.

I'll be playing tomorrow as well.

We should add each other on Steam.
Maybe a player list in the 2nd post?

Nice OP as well!

We have a Steam group in the OP once we have some server types and name up we can decide what to designate so gaffers can play together.

If you can pay for it I say it's fair game to criticize. The onus is on the devs to decide what they feel is acceptable to let people play, and if they pay for that "privilege", I say they have the right criticize. And you and I have the right to ignore those people.

They want criticism. They ask for it on reddit where they are always present posting a long with everybody. But there is a difference between people understanding something is in alpha and giving feedback to make the game better and people thinking the game is complete and saying it sucks.
So are event tickets just for Battle Royale? Will that be available tomorrow?

No tickets required for PvE servers right?
Only for Battle Royale and it will be available tomorrow. There will be more gametypes later. Here is what will shrink the zone in batteroyale.
i can't get into early access until tomorrow (like buy from steam right?)
Yep tomorow 10 AM PST.

Pachimari

Rust were the reason I build a gaming PC back in April but I haven't played it yet, as I'm waiting for them to get back on track. So H1Z1 will be the first online survival game I'll play.

akileese

There will be a case and key system where you will get blueprints for cosmetic items. These blueprints will allow you to turn a t-shirt or a helmet into a rare version of it that looks cooler. You still have to find a helmet to convert but you will be able to convert as many as you want. Only people who get these blueprints will be able to convert the items. Other people who kill you will get a damaged version that decays over time. When you respawn the blueprint will still be in your inventory.

There will be Event tickets(probably a dollar) for servers like Battle Royale. Basically a hunger games server that cost a ticket to joining a match. Winners will get cosmetics, more tickets as well as other stuff. You will also get free tickets as well for playing the game but we don't know at what rate. Important to note regular servers(PvP, hardcore, PvE) Do not require these tickets.

Air drops. You get a beacon you drop that calls in an air drop that can have gear, vehicles, materials, guns or even zombies. You don't know. The entire server sees it coming and you have to fight off everyone else to get what's in the crates.

This is what they are doing for now to see how it works. They don't want this game to be play to win at all so if anything does throw all the balance it will be tweaked accordingly.

Yep. This was in Rust and it was an insane battle at every drop. The fact that everyone can see the plane and the crates are parachuted in slowly means you need to put up a fight to get these items. Here is the video of it in action.

Airdrops Reveal.

That's pretty awesome. You can pay for the crates, but you are in no way shape or form guaranteed to get them. My aussie buddy really wants to play this. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Compsiox

Banned
Rust were the reason I build a gaming PC back in April but I haven't played it yet, as I'm waiting for them to get back on track. So H1Z1 will be the first online survival game I'll play.

Legacy is great and still very popular. It's worth at least 500 hours of gameplay. Best 20 bux ever.

Smash88

Banned
I'm really cautious of this after DayZ.

I just don't think this will bring anything that DayZ or WarZ have already done - but who knows maybe it will surprise me.

kcxiv

i assume there's going to be more than one zombie model, correct? ;)

yes, and they will and should be wearing different clothing. I Think there is like 4-5 zombie models and more coming along with female zombies and PC characters shortly after EA launches. At least thats what i remember them saying.

I'm really cautious of this after DayZ.

I just don't think this will bring anything that DayZ or WarZ have already done - but who knows maybe it will surprise me.

Can't say I've played warz(mainly because of all the bad press about it) but h1z1 already does do stuff not in dayz

Shady859

Good job on the OT! Also i've saw this pic several times but it just hit me like a load of bricks, how did I miss Romero's? lol

I like how your characters are going to be tied to a server. No more gearing up on a empty server like DayZ.

15 hour countdown till the mad DL dash.

v1lla21

Will there be different types of zombies too? Like will there be bigger, more tankier zombies that are slower but harder to kill?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is it really even worth doing the $40? Or should a bit of more casual player do the $20?

I would just wait to see how much you like the game first. The $20 pack can be upgraded to the $40 pack, from what I've read.

Will there be different types of zombies too? Like will there be bigger, more tankier zombies that are slower but harder to kill?

Right now there are some that are more agressive and faster but they have the same!e basic models with different clothing.
Is it really even worth doing the $40? Or should a bit of more casual player do the $20?
40 gives you more cosmetics and a ton of tickets for stuff like battle royale. It was confirmed on reddit that you can upgrade to the premium sku later if you want to play it safe on day one.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Nice job on the OT OP...

..but damn if this isn't a giant non-answer for this question:

How are you different than DayZ?
One of the main reasons we wanted to make a zombie survival game is because we are all fans of the survival genre. DayZ did a great job and we hope fans of the genre will enjoy our take on the zombie apocalypse as well. Our goal is to make H1Z1 fun, accessible, hard core, and super deep, and we can’t wait for players to get their hands on it.

Top Bottom