• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GuliKit KK3 MAX controller

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Just got the new GuliKit KingKong 3 MAX controller in today, and I must say, after several hours of use, this thing is amazing.

Hall Effect sticks and triggers.
1000Hz wired & wireless response
All sorts of swapable back buttons, etc.

Just crazy amount of options. Bluetooth, also comes with a dongle to get that 1000Hz response.

The weight to me feels amazing. It's not quite as heavy as an Xbox Elite Series 2, but nowhere near as light as a regular, non-premium controller. Feels just right.

It's easy to pair with whatever you might want to pair it with. Easy to turn on and off.

I'm in love. Gulikit have now went through many iterations and are very quickly closing in on the best of the best. This one comes VERY close to that.

Let me know if you have any questions or want me to try things out. I've paired it with Windows 11 using the included dongle, but that's it, no other systems. I can try it out on anything you want, though.
I paid ~$87 for it via Amazon, USA.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Just had a look at the product page. It certainly looks like it ticks a lot of boxes. I don't know if I want to drop £75 on a controller, but that's me not having adjusted to modern prices.

I will need to watch a video to see how it sounds (no clicky buttons) and hopefully get an idea of how it feels (no texture or rubber), as well as what the d-pad is like.

How's the Steam support? Is it supported yet? If not, how does the customisation work when it comes to stick tuning and paddle remapping?

Ribi

It is the perfect controller and I am shocked more people haven't been talking about it.

That said I'm waiting to see how the quality is after a while of use as the kk2 had squeaky buttons.

For anyone on the fence:

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Looks very nice. Just wish there was a version with xbox layout instead of the Nintendo layout with the a/b buttons.
I've been using the Turtle Beach Stealth Ultra since it launched before xmas, and that quickly became my favourite controller ever. Love the responsive mouse-click face buttons and the perfect positioned backpaddles. No issues with it so far.
Will check out this one as well, as I always enjoy trying out new controllers.

Last edited:

Porticus

It is the perfect controller and I am shocked more people haven't been talking about it.

That said I'm waiting to see how the quality is after a while of use as the kk2 had squeaky buttons.

For anyone on the fence:

I'm curious how much he got payed for that review though.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Looks very nice. Just wish there was a version with xbox layout instead of the Nintendo layout with the a/b buttons.

Judging by the video in post #3 I'm pretty sure it has both as swappable options.

Anyway, be aware that the button switches are not mechanical, but rubber dome (apparently there's been some confusion because Gulikit info/ads claimed "mechanical").

Last edited:

calistan

What the heck is Gulikit? I found one on Amazon and it seems to come via one of those weird alphabet soup fake Chinese brands.

Looks like better value than most premium controllers, though, assuming it doesn't fall to pieces within a couple of months.

Topher

Gold Member
Be interested to know how it performs with the series x. Also, are the back buttons programmable?

I don't think it works with Xbox consoles. PC, Switch and mobile are listed in its manual.

What the heck is Gulikit? I found one on Amazon and it seems to come via one of those weird alphabet soup fake Chinese brands.

Looks like better value than most premium controllers, though, assuming it doesn't fall to pieces within a couple of months.

Known for their hall effect switches. They are not some knock off brand, but not as well known as others like 8bitdo (yet).

Ribi

I've been using the Turtle Beach Stealth Ultra since it launched before xmas, and that quickly became my favourite controller ever. Love the responsive mouse-click face buttons and the perfect positioned backpaddles. No issues with it so far.
layout can be changed on the fly, it comes with extra buttons to do this exact thing
Be interested to know how it performs with the series x. Also, are the back buttons programmable?
back buttons are programmable on the fly by holding the back button and the program button then pressing the button you want to reprogram.

StereoVsn

I want to say this one has swappable buttons so you can switch between Nintendo and MS layout.

Edit: Does this work as Xbox wired controller at all?

Last edited:

Hohenheim

I want to say this one has swappable buttons so you can switch between Nintendo and MS layout.

Edit: Does this work as Xbox wired controller at all?
Thanks, yeah that's a cool feature. I think the thing keeping me from wanting this is the face buttons, which seems to be "squashy" like the Xbox/Ps5 and most orher controllers. The mouse-click buttons on the Stealth Ultra and Razer Chroma feels so good compared to that. So precise and solid.
But in general this looks very nice.

Top Bottom