• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox controller wireless adapter

Jayjayhd34

My Xbox controller died over the weekend. been using it wired but wanted to get new controller and go wireless, however I can't for life of me find an official Xbox wireless adapter for some reason. My only option is get packaged controller with adapter included. Now that's ok but really wanted the Stella shift controller.

Now also aware you can use Bluetooth however I tried this on Xbox one controller connected to my
pc however it would just disconnect every couple minutes.

So my question is does anyone here use the controller wireless on pc, if so could anyone link good Bluetooth adapter that doesn't disconnect so I can get the Stella Shift or should just give in get the controller that's bundled with official adapter ?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Topher

Gold Member
Should said I'm in UK no where sells it on its own

I'd try this one from 8bitdo:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Do you think the Bluetooth Controller dropping connection is driver related? Might be worth a try if it saves you the headache of trying to find a dongle.

acm2000

or, buy the controller that comes with the official stick, then flog the controller to cex, should get around £25 back making it £25 for the adapter

i have the old phat adapter and have never had it drop once

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Xbox controllers have been BT for a while so you don't need the adapter if your computer supports BT which of course they all have for the past 10 years, I doubt MS even makes those adapters anymore. I think I threw mine in the e-waste bin.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Strange why are these so hard to find?
no idea. I wanted to get one for my friend's birthday but I couldn't find it... so obviously I got the qck large cloth SAINTS ROW 2022 mouse pad. OBVIOUSLY (SR is our running joke, he already got like 5 copies of first game from me lol).
I got my adapter somewhere standalone for 25$. using it with 20th anniv xsx controller. It sucks ass on Bluetooth

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Xbox controllers have been BT for a while so you don't need the adapter if your computer supports BT which of course they all have for the past 10 years, I doubt MS even makes those adapters anymore. I think I threw mine in the e-waste bin.

I personally never had luck with BT controllers. I always go for the dedicated USB dongle.

calistan

Have they changed the design for these? I've got one that came with the Oculus Rift ages ago, it's a much bulkier dongle.
8tn72Tc.jpg

acm2000

the wifi dongle is so much better than bluetooth
Have they changed the design for these? I've got one that came with the Oculus Rift ages ago, it's a much bulkier dongle.
8tn72Tc.jpg
yeah they redesigned it long time ago, much nicer... if you can find one

diffusionx

Gold Member
I personally never had luck with BT controllers. I always go for the dedicated USB dongle.
I get it, but it makes sense why MS says "just use BT" instead of having to make and sell this adapter. I personally never had an issue with BT, but we all know it has its quirks.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Im going to buy a 2nd USB adapter now ... this might end up like the 360 wireless adapter situation where it was impossible to find any longer.

Top Bottom