• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

System of a Down Premium Show

System of a Down – Aerials
System of a Down – Lonely Day
System of a Down – B.Y.O.B.
Weezer: Live at iHeartRadio Theater & YouTube Space L.A.

Weezer – Undone – The Sweater Song (Live)
Weezer – Thank God for Girls (Live)
Weezer – Say It Ain’t So (Live)
Queen Premium Show

Queen – Fat Bottomed Girls
Queen – Hammer to Fall
Queen – I Want to Break Free
Interesting to note that all three shows are single artist ones, and that for the first time in GHTV we have two single artist shows that aren’t live concerts. In addition to these Premium Shows, the following songs are now available On-Demand:

Ashley Clark – Greyhound
Carrie Underwood – Good Girl
Eric Church – Creepin’
Five Finger Death Punch – Jekyll and Hyde
Grizfolk – Hymnals (Live)
Grizfolk – The Struggle (Live)
Grizfolk – Troublemaker (Live)
Motionless in White – Break the Cycle
Of Mice & Men – Broken Generation

Love this game and the continuing support.

I'm level 20 and don't mind the cap at all. Sometimes it's fun just to play a game and not worry about leveling up (my guitar upgrades are maxed out too.) I spend all my coins on highways and player cards now just for the hell of it.

I played for an hour tonight but no rivals mode. Which is okay because I played the Pop station and was doubling up the competition on some songs like Still Into You.

Also found out that I was two minutes away from the Power Hour achievement lol. Guess I'll try that one tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Played for a few hours again last night. This game has crazy hooks in it. Playing a live streaming channel is very tough to shut off.

I can't be fucked with Premium shows any more. It takes too long to unlock them and then they're way too stressful when you're actually playing them because if you miss two notes (thanks, shitty guitar controller) you'll come like fourth in a song and have no chance of winning the top prize. And I can never have fun playing on the difficulty I want, again, because of the threat of missing notes.

So you mess it up then it takes 15 minutes and three tokens if you want to have another go.

No thanks. If you unlocked them and they stayed unlocked, I would play every single one, but not this.

I can't be fucked with Premium shows any more. It takes too long to unlock them and then they're way too stressful when you're actually playing them because if you miss two notes (thanks, shitty guitar controller) you'll come like fourth in a song and have no chance of winning the top prize. And I can never have fun playing on the difficulty I want, again, because of the threat of missing notes.

So you mess it up then it takes 15 minutes and three tokens if you want to have another go.

No thanks. If you unlocked them and they stayed unlocked, I would play every single one, but not this.
Yeah I gave up on them too. It's more fun just playing the channels or on demand. Plus I could be wrong but don't the highway and player card rewards become available to buy anyway?

Well I got totally screwed over with my rivals challenge tonight. I'm level 17 and they put me against a level 20 who can get to 7x and has tons of freaking Hero Power instances while I can only get to 6x with two Power instances.

So yeah I got shut out three times. That sucked lol.

I wish they would normalize your powers in Rivals mode but whatever.

Well I got totally screwed over with my rivals challenge tonight. I'm level 17 and they put me against a level 20 who can get to 7x and has tons of freaking Hero Power instances while I can only get to 6x with two Power instances.

So yeah I got shut out three times. That sucked lol.

I wish they would normalize your powers in Rivals mode but whatever.
Hero powers and guitar upgrades are the weakest part of GHTV. It's a good thing I don't really care about competition because the way the game is now is wildly uneven.

For the past 4 or 5 hours of playing between last night and tonight I have yet to get a single Rivals challenge. Anyone in a similar situation? Did I somehow turn them off by mistake? Is that even possible?

Edit: Ok so somehow it got toggled off. That was weird. :/

Yeah I just did my first Rivals match, me on advanced and the other person on expert. I did very well but got wrecked anyway. They really need to match Rivals to difficulty level. I may just turn off the feature.

Smarty86

Yeah I just did my first Rivals match, me on advanced and the other person on expert. I did very well but got wrecked anyway. They really need to match Rivals to difficulty level. I may just turn off the feature.

To be honest i had pretty even matches. I always played against other players with pretty similar guitar upgrades and the matches were all pretty close. But then I only played 4 of them, so the numbers are of course too small to make up statistics.
And here again they have to improve the guitars. I guess when really good players are having a duel, it matters more which guitar does mess up notes less rather than the players hitting the notes, which sucks.

Are you Smart Guy on Xbox One? (lol)

anyway yeah my first 1v1 was on "Got The TIme" I despise that chart. I won the other two because of my upgrades but the matches were pretty close.

pacman85

iOS Guitar Hero Live is now $9.99

http://toucharcade.com/2015/12/17/guitar-hero-live-sale/

• You can play it without an iOS Guitar (4 Lane Tapping)
  • It's the full game
  • It also has GHTV
  • You can't use your guitar with it UNLESS it's for iOS (No PS4/XB1/XB360/PS3/WiiU)
Interesting. I've gone all digital on XBone and it looks like there will never be a digital version of the game on that marketplace. I wish I could just get one guitar and use it across iOS and XBone version if I ever get it.

I seem to be bugged or something on PS4. I'll go into GHTV and I'll get the first Rival challenge no problem and then they just stop. The only way to get another Rival challenge is for me to switch channels but again once I get the first one they stop. I keep checking the Rival toggle in the options and it is always on.

Anyone notice anything similar? This is weird.

I did the Queen premium show tonight and was pleased to find that it was pretty easy to come in first and nab a new highway. Maybe it was just because I have a fully upgraded guitar and play on advanced now, but I used to get 100% on premium show songs on normal and still lose somehow.

MFishy

Banned
Just got the game for wii u!

When playing with a second guitar, it appears to force you to play as guest. Any way to get it to associate with the other account or one of the miis?

And why is the font so small?!

Just got the game for wii u!

When playing with a second guitar, it appears to force you to play as guest. Any way to get it to associate with the other account or one of the miis?

And why is the font so small?!

Nope, you can't sign into a second account

Aiii

So not worth it
So I moved up from Regular to Advanced. And I'm doing okay, not too good, but those note switches and the up-down notes are a bit hard to get good at, you know. But still, four stars each song at least.

Then Metal hour starts.

And fuck me, it's impossible.

Now I get that Metal is faster and harder than regular music, but jesus fuck the difference between normal music and metal at this level is just insane. I can't get more than 2 stars. Balance, balance the difficulty damnit.

MFishy

Banned
Nope, you can't sign into a second account

That really sucks for a party game.

Also disappointed that the game pad isn't used as a menu. And i assume it isn't used for the lyrics which would be prefect for the singer.

Aside from that the game looks super polished. I also love how even though the songs are online in ghtv mode the loading is still faster than the old perversions

So I moved up from Regular to Advanced. And I'm doing okay, not too good, but those note switches and the up-down notes are a bit hard to get good at, you know. But still, four stars each song at least.

Then Metal hour starts.

Now I get that Metal is faster and harder than regular music, but jesus fuck the difference between normal music and metal at this level is just insane. I can't get more than 2 stars. Balance, balance the difficulty damnit.

The jump from Regular to Advanced is really well done. As far as the complexity and speed goes for the majority of songs. You are right about the Metal songs though, they are a terror. If you are mastering the Metal songs on any given difficulty that is your queue to jump up to the next level.

I've been trying to make the leap from Advanced to Expert and it feels like there should have been another difficulty in between. One with more complex notes just not quite at the speed of Expert. It makes it even more difficult since you can't just grind out a song over and over without worrying about tokens. I really wish the tokens bought you like 30 minutes or even 3 plays of a song. I guess now with the 3 free tokens everyday it isn't too bad.

Then Metal hour starts.

Same... Fucking same, I love advanced but a lot of songs I like are in metal :(

It would be nice if there was a way to set your difficulty so that you can automatically play on one setting for low-mid intensity songs and another setting for high intensity songs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did the Queen premium show tonight and was pleased to find that it was pretty easy to come in first and nab a new highway. Maybe it was just because I have a fully upgraded guitar and play on advanced now, but I used to get 100% on premium show songs on normal and still lose somehow.

Did my first Premium show today, the SOAD one, and you ain't kidding. That's some tough ass shit to place. I think I'll pass on Premium until I get my shit together.

Some crap song by Rise Against came on and I couldn't be bothered. I hit one single note in the middle of the song and amassed 72 points.

Was awarded 120 coins for my efforts. Would love to know how that was worked out :lol

Word on Twitter is that they got Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End) by The Darkness.

I fucking love Guitar Hero Live.

I'm really quite pleased they did an actual proper Christmas. Little bit sad they didn't get some of the classics like Slade or Wizzard (as well as two Killers songs which apparently aren't Don't Shoot Me Santa) but Christmas Time is fucking incredible.

Rock The Halls

* The Killers "A Great Big Sled (ft. Toni Halliday)"
* All Time Low "Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass"
* The Darkness "I Am Santa"

Christmas Rocks!

* The Killers "The Cowboys' Christmas Ball"
* The Raveonettes "The Christmas Song"
* The Darkness "Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End)"

deoee

When did this move to Community (and why? :D ).

I have to say I love the new random online rivals games. It breaks up the normal gameplay sooo well

iKhayal18

I guess now with the 3 free tokens everyday it isn't too bad.

How's that? Are they giving 3 free tokens everyday? o.o What do you have to do to get them?

And by the way, does any one know if there is any way to sing without having to play the guitar at the same time?

How's that? Are they giving 3 free tokens everyday? o.o What do you have to do to get them?

And by the way, does any one know if there is any way to sing without having to play the guitar at the same time?

If you have no tokens they give you three when you sign in the first time on a day.

Top Bottom