• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guitar Hero Live |OT| Not a Band Game

Just picked this up. Feels like the Guitar Hero game I always wanted with the never ending streaming channels. The new button format will take a while to get used to though.

Smarty86

There has reports of intereference, more in some platforms (like Xbox One) and the guitars are quite finicky around bluetooth devices.

So is a big "your mileage may vary" kind of thing. Heck, someone in here had to return like 4 guitars because they had different problems.

More like a warning, that if you buy the bundle of 2 and experience some problems, ask for help/suggestions in here first. :p

For example, my guitar works great since day one, but it doesn't work when a friend comes over to play wearing his smart watch. So he leaves the watch in the dining room, before coming to my room to play. :p

Others when playing multi had to insert the dongles in different hubs and position them in different places.

Not universal problems, but things to keep in mind.

I am using a PS4 and tried nearly everything possible (USB Hub, longer USB cable, disable any WiFi/Bluetooth, played at another friends place,...) but the interference problems stay. As soon as i am playing one guitar everything is fine, but with 2 guitars often sequences are not detected correctly, which sucks if you want to play a littlte competitive. I personnaly wish i had not bought the 2 guitar bundle. Playing solo is great fun, but i don't see how the 2 guitar bundle is a gain right now. Maybe i should send in the guitars so the developers see that their guitars don't work. Maybe hitting them financially helps more than the many comments on their forum...

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

Ey up.

QVPbmeS.png

Just checked myself here. Search for TTFATF and it comes up. It's definitely in the database. The music video cuts about two minutes, so just be warned. A good chunk of that is the riffs between solos though, the meat of the song is still mostly there.

So is anyone playing this on wii u? I read about stuttering issues on the ghtv in a few reviews and that may not work out if so. Primarily pc these days though I still have my PS3 around...

So is anyone playing this on wii u? I read about stuttering issues on the ghtv in a few reviews and that may not work out if so. Primarily pc these days though I still have my PS3 around...

I'm playing on Wii U. Played for a couple of hours last night after not playing for a couple months and the stuttering seems to happen MUCH less frequently on GHTV. It maybe happened once in a 2 hours session, and that once wasn't as severe as before the 2.0 patch that added Rivals Mode.

fernoca

Yeah, Wii U here since launch.

The stuttering also happens in other versions (like Xbox 360) and it seems to be tied to the game needing 2GB of space for GHTV. So, guess that when the game "clears caché" it stutters a bit. But is not something frequent and with updates it happens even less.

But it's also no biggie. Game's great in every aspect and a really great port overall.

I only ran into a connectivity issue a few times (game refused to connect to GHTV), but rebooting the game solved that. Haven't noticed any other major problems.

Rrucstopia

Neo Member
On PS4 we've added in events for premium shows which detail the tracks, prizes and when they are available :) Events is available in the PS4 system menus.

Just installed the game on PS4, did a bit of "Live" play. Fun.

However, I can't connect to the GHTV mode, says service unavailable.

Could anyone confirm that the PS4 servers are working okay? The website says so but I dunno. My NAT type is 2 and PSN/Netflix is working as normal.

Lebneney

Banned
Hey guys, I haven't gotten any "Rival Matches" in like about two weeks. Did they take the feature off or did I turn it off by accident? I can't find the option for it. Shame because it was one of my favorite modes in it (unless I was getting destroyed and then quit because it was not worth the trouble).

Oynox

Hey guys, I haven't gotten any "Rival Matches" in like about two weeks. Did they take the feature off or did I turn it off by accident? I can't find the option for it. Shame because it was one of my favorite modes in it (unless I was getting destroyed and then quit because it was not worth the trouble).

Jep, they turned it off temporarily.

1/12 Songs

Bring Me the Horizon – Drown
Marilyn Manson – Deep Six
Pierce the Veil – Bulls in the Bronx

Nickelback – Get ‘Em Up
Joe Satriani – Shockwave Supernova
Weezer – Back to the Shack

Little Daylight – Moan Lisa
COIN – Run
The Colourist – We Won’t Go Home

psychotron

1/12 Songs

Bring Me the Horizon – Drown
Marilyn Manson – Deep Six
Pierce the Veil – Bulls in the Bronx

Nickelback – Get ‘Em Up
Joe Satriani – Shockwave Supernova
Weezer – Back to the Shack

Little Daylight – Moan Lisa
COIN – Run
The Colourist – We Won’t Go Home

Nice! I was pretty vocal about not liking the new format earlier, but after owning it for a few weeks, I love it. The on disc tracks are a disgrace, but GHTV is awesome. Still having guitar interference on PS4 sometimes, though. Returned my xbox copy because it was really shitty with connection issues. PS4 is better but sometimes I still get screwed in the middle of a song.

TBiddy

So, I'm considering buying GH:Live for my XB1, since it's on sale for 80 USD.

I seem to remember something about the guitars being of poor quality compared to the Rock Band guitars. Also, the interference you talk about kinda concerns me a bit.

Most likely there will be some local multiplayer with me and a buddy.. it sounds like the issue is bigger there?

Matticers

Damn. This is Amazon's Deal of the Day and it's down to $50 for the guitar bundle. The two guitar bundle is $90.

I almost bought of those guitars when they were on sale for $20. Now I'm kind of kicking myself for not doing that. Could've had the two guitar set for $70. Oh well. I'm kind of thinking about buying this but I'm still not sure if I want to pull the trigger. I just don't know if I'd really play it at all. That's a damn good price though considering the guitar comes with it.

Smarty86

I seem to remember something about the guitars being of poor quality compared to the Rock Band guitars. Also, the interference you talk about kinda concerns me a bit.

Most likely there will be some local multiplayer with me and a buddy.. it sounds like the issue is bigger there?

On PS4 it is a big issue yeah. As i described before whole passages of notes will be missed by both players randomly and I didn't find a way to fix it.

ZeroX03

Banned
For what it's worth, I play with a Bluetooth watch on and have zero interference issues. Wouldn't call the build quality of the guitar good, but there's been no issues yet.

TBiddy

On PS4 it is a big issue yeah. As i described before whole passages of notes will be missed by both players randomly and I didn't find a way to fix it.

Is it because they run bluetooth, perhaps? On the XB1 its some sort of direct WiFi, afair.

For what it's worth, I play with a Bluetooth watch on and have zero interference issues. Wouldn't call the build quality of the guitar good, but there's been no issues yet.

Well, they have never been "good", as such. But as long as it'll work for a couple hundred hours, I'll be alright.

It has been ordered and will be delivered tomorrow!! :)

I only got interference one time, I'm not sure what caused it but it went away the next time I played. And I've played over 30 hours of the game.

The guitar is fine, it is really noisy/clacky (apparently on purpose) though.

Smarty86

Do you guys have it for PS4 or XBOX? Because i tried everything possible on PS4 to avoid interference with two guitars. In Singleplayer it is fine, but not with two guitars. Maybe i will return both guitars and dongles and get some new. I guess noone knows if there will be a revision or something?

I've only played single player on XB1 but I've never had any recognition issues, and I keep my iPhone in my pocket while playing. Never tried multiplayer, though.

Oh, and for build quality, I always preferred the GH guitars so I really like it. I dislike the RB guitars, though.

TBiddy

I've only played single player on XB1 but I've never had any recognition issues, and I keep my iPhone in my pocket while playing. Never tried multiplayer, though.

Oh, and for build quality, I always preferred the GH guitars so I really like it. I dislike the RB guitars, though.

Glad to hear it! Really looking forward to tomorrow:)

Lebneney

Banned
Okay so I'm having a lot of trouble playing any song that has those stupid open strums. I barely manage if I see more than two or three of them in subsequent order. I have found that "House of the Rising Sun" by Five Finger Death Punch is good for training that, but does any one else have other songs that could help with that. I'm currently playing on advanced and want to one day reach expert, but this open strumming bullshit is preventing me...

Okay so I'm having a lot of trouble playing any song that has those stupid open strums. I barely manage if I see more than two or three of them in subsequent order. I have found that "House of the Rising Sun" by Five Finger Death Punch is good for training that, but does any one else have other songs that could help with that. I'm currently playing on advanced and want to one day reach expert, but this open strumming bullshit is preventing me...

Hard to say, some songs only begin to add open strums once you get to expert. But the Down With the Sickness intro is a good warm up for open strums.

1/19 Songs
Pop Power!

5 Seconds of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
Sheppard – Geronimo
Sky Ferreria – You’re Not the One

Fall Out Boy Live 2015

Fall Out Boy – Centuries (Live)
Fall Out Boy – Irresistible (Live)
Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman (Live)

Lebneney

Banned
Hard to say, some songs only begin to add open strums once you get to expert. But the Down With the Sickness intro is a good warm up for open strums.

1/19 Songs
Pop Power!

5 Seconds of Summer – She Looks So Perfect
Sheppard – Geronimo
Sky Ferreria – You’re Not the One

Fall Out Boy Live 2015

Fall Out Boy – Centuries (Live)
Fall Out Boy – Irresistible (Live)
Fall Out Boy – Uma Thurman (Live)

Going to Hell by The Pretty Reckless has a fair bit of open strumming.

New music = meh.

Okay cool, thanks you two!

TBiddy

Am I the only one having issues distinguishing the two different rows from one another, when hero power is activated? Is there a way to change it?

TBiddy

I don't think so. You can also pay attention to the shape, black points up and white points down.

Yeah, I know.. It's just not as easy to read as it used to be. Ah well, it's probably a matter of getting used to it.

Also - am I the only one competing in GH TV? The last few times it's only been me and one other guy :/

I don't use hero power in GHTV much because it's so hard to differentiate the notes, especially the hammer ons and pull offs. I just equip Dial Up on Expert, which disables all of it.

Top Bottom