• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUI elements in PDZ going out of screen

What the hell? I'm running in 1080i and the GUI elements are going out of screen.

Same for some elements in DVD playback. No, the TV is not set on some fancy "zoom" mode. It's set on normal.

Help?

Shompola

Banned
Sounds like overscan issue :(
How you can remedy it

1) Recalibrate your tv
2) Try 720P instead of 1080i and let the tv upscale it, if it is possible that is.

Good luck.,

Shompola

Banned
I dont know. You need a service manual and some code to active that service menu. And if you dont know what you are dying, you can effectively kill the tv. Another solution is to try out a vga cable on the tv if your tv has vga in.

SantaC

ArcadeStickMonk said:
Props up to the informed user.

Just be careful in there.

yeah I destroyed one tv doing this. I returned the tv and said it was broken and got another on my warranty. Lucky I guess.

Nice thing about these late Sony sets, is that you can do whatever you want to them, but as long as you don't initiate the two-part Write procedure, you aren't going to do anything permenant. It'll just reset to whatever had last been saved on the next power up or input switch.

I change my vertical postion, horizontal stretch, and sometimes horizontal postion fairly regularly, mostly to perfect the image for PS2's no-overscan output. But I have my own set of default values stored in my head.

SantaC

Wyzdom said:
Destroyed!? what happened? lol

fucking tv had a huge geometry error, so I was annoyed as hell. I entered the service menu without knowing (this was about 4 years ago) that they was no factory default, so I mess around with the picture until I couldn't even start the tv. I called the place where i bought it, complained at the geometry error, returned it the same day and got another one. lucky they didn't check what i did in the service menu :lol

I have the same exact problem on my Sanyo 30" HDTV CRT. If anyone has this same set and has messed around in the cryptic depths that is the service menu, feel free to post or PM me.

And now I have another problem: Dynamic brightness.

Who the fuck decided to make this on by default? It sucks so bad. In a dark room, brightness goes way up so that we can see clearly. But as soon as there's a tiny spot of white on the screen (a light, say), BAM... the room goes completely dark and you can't see shit because the TV turns the brightness way down.

Looking through the service menu, I have *no* idea which setting controls this. Help?

Top Bottom