• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Next-Gen Version Could Receive Further Ray Tracing Support

EDMIX

Yes, Xbox series X and PS5 have it. I'm not sure about series S.

Respect. I don't see me running thru GTA V for a 3rd time any time soon lol

Its going to be a while since most of my 2023 is pretty much fully booked. If a good sale comes up, I might check it out below $15 for another playthrough.....maaaaybe lol

Myths

This youtuber is frowned upon for benchmark videos but wow I'm impressed with the ray tracing in his gta video.

I'd actually go so far as saying its the biggest difference I've ever seen seen ray tracing do!

This could already be done using ENB on PC, I guess it’s a catch-up for consoles. I could’ve sworn modding was also possible on consoles too.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamers are excited for GTA 6 not GTA V on a third set of consoles
81X9aPJMidL.jpg

Last edited:

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Be great to see them use some form of global illumination too, but those shadows and reflections are nice as a fist iteration.

Banned
I'd go as far as to say this is the best implementation of raytraced reflections on consoles.

depends. there is a fair bit of ghosting and the draw distance at which they are used is limited.

they are way more detailed compared to the ones used in Spider-Man, but the draw distance is lower and they get replaced by SSR on distant buildings.

for what GTA needs they are very good tho.

IMO the best overall RT reflections are still the ones in Ratchet & Clank as they have less ghosting, are relatively detailed and they have from what I've seen an infinite draw distance.

Myths

No it couldn't be done by ENB.
This is not ssr or screen space rt.
Yes, it’s been done by ENB visually. Don’t care for whether it’s SSR or not, visually no one’s going to tell for rain reflections of vehicle geometry.

EDT: to be clear, I know it’s the RT being praised as a point of update obviously compared to SSR. I’m just saying visually those differences between the two methods are arguably minor when modded with QuantV, ENB, and NaturalVision evolved.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yes, it’s been done by ENB visually. Don’t care for whether it’s SSR or not, visually no one’s going to tell for rain reflections of vehicle geometry.

EDT: to be clear, I know it’s the RT being praised as a point of update obviously compared to SSR. I’m just saying visually those differences between the two methods are arguably minor when modded with QuantV, ENB, and NaturalVision evolved.

You are starting the discussion of ssr vs rt reflections and you don't wanna go there.
The whole point is so you can see reflections of traffic in a car... the trafic outside the camera.
I find ssr distracting in most games.

And the video you posted is trash. These gta natural vision super realistic next gen mods always end up looking like the same instagram oversharpened trash

Last edited:
Top Bottom