• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy PS4|OT| We heard you like strippers so we stripped the soundtracks

The first time this game came out I was in my 20's and I lived alone and got high and spent entire weekends devoted to looking for them.

I'm an old man with a family now, I ain't got time for that. Lol. I will smoke a bowl when everyone goes to bed and cruise around to Emotion FM.
Holy shit so this game basically hit you right in the feels then with the nostalgia.

I used to fall asleep every night cruising around just listening to Emotion and is wake up at 3 am parents already asleep and the music would still be blasting.
4 years ago 😢

Funny, I was only 10 when I got this game. 13 years later, I turn back into a kid everytime I play it.

gwailo

Banned
Songs were removed a while back, for the mobile/PC/360/PS3 releases. Really sucks though as this

Had me hoping it was just a ROM dump with emulation over the top :(

I cheered up a bit once I remembered I can run Spotify for PS4 over the top and listen to the original playlists on there!

Neither Spotify or the media player works once the game boots up.

What's your guys opinion on the Trails option in display? Vice City specifically.

I like it a lot. Really feels like I'm playing on some sort of HD PS2.

RdN

Losing some tracks sucks, but it's how the industry works, no way around that.

I'll definitely pick this up during a sale...Specially for Vice City.

i remember vice city came out and i actually, for a while thought Tommy was actually an older Claude....thinking VC was a direct sequel to 3

i was young

Corrupt

I'm still pissed off from when Rockstar got their fingers into people's Steam libraries and replaced the originals with smartphone ports that had the music removed, without even giving users a choice.

ouch a couple of those tracks are pretty defining... and kinda expensive :( i haven't went onto Canadian PSN yet either scared they'll be $60 CAD together lol

still going to buy at least VC and SA though haha q_q

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ouch a couple of those tracks are pretty defining... and kinda expensive :( i haven't went onto Canadian PSN yet either scared they'll be $60 CAD together lol

still going to buy at least VC and SA though haha q_q
Canadian prices are the same as the American ones, $14.99 CAD each.

bender

What time is it?
Tracks removed
VC:
. Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
· Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
· Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"

Ouch. I think it may have been by design but the first song that played on the radio in Vice City was "Billie Jean". Will not be the same without it.

I want to see what DF has to say about these framerates. The Star Wars games that came with Battlefront made it seem like we'd be seeing pretty good bumps in framerate, but if these still don't run well that's pretty shitty, especially for the price they're asking. Losing Billie Jean is just the icing on the cake. What do they play in that moment when you first get in the car instead?

LurkingFear

I'm still pissed off from when Rockstar got their fingers into people's Steam libraries and replaced the originals with smartphone ports that had the music removed, without even giving users a choice.

"Digital Rights Management. Its the way of the future.

You wont own anything, we'll be safeguarding it for you."

I was reading somewhere that John Deere was doing this with some of its tractor software or something, and farmers were having severe issues with operational situations. Imagine if you wanted to operate your vehicle or whatever, and it was inoperable because of server downtime.

Azriell

I know it's not a perfect solution but you can always make a Spotify play list and then play that through the PS4 as you play GTA. It's what I did in Fallout 4 after the music got old.

5taquitos

I know it's not a perfect solution but you can always make a Spotify play list and then play that through the PS4 as you play GTA. It's what I did in Fallout 4 after the music got old.

According to other posts in this thread, you can't do that. Spotify is disabled.

I recently replayed through entire series with that and left over fix and it worked flawlessly for me. It even displayed the Xbox 360 prompts

dh4niel

I'm super tempted as I want to play these games with decent controller support but I think I can wait for the DigitalFoundry analysis. Just.

YomommaZ

I'm interested in getting this on a sale sometime. It would be a nice trip down memory lane. I just have to find time to actually play them.

My favourite songs were "Video Killed The Radio Star" from VC and "It Was a Good Day" from SA so I'm glad those 2 are still in.

Can someone post a few screens please?

Drac84

Tempted by the fruit of another is still present. The VC soundtrack has retained its structural integrity.

I'm interested in getting this on a sale sometime. It would be a nice trip down memory lane. I just have to find time to actually play them.

My favourite songs were "Video Killed The Radio Star" from VC and "It Was a Good Day" from SA so I'm glad those 2 are still in.

Can someone post a few screens please?

Sure can :)

I disabled the trails filter in VC and GTA3

amarectv2015-12-0515-owags.png

amarectv2015-12-0516-znzk6.png

amarectv2015-12-0516-fcbic.png

jjasso21

Wow, $15 for each of the GTA games. It's tough to justify it. I may have to watch a few YouTube videos on the quality of each game itself.

I was going to literally rebuy all of these GTA's on the PS4 mainly because of the soundtracks. I wanted to take a trip down nostalgia road and reminisce on how good the music in the games was. It sucks so bad that the soundtracks have been stripped =(.

L.O.R.D

i still have the original PC version with hot coffee mode
Also bought the entire collection from 1 to 4 with all dlc for $10

Top Bottom