• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: The Trilogy PS4|OT| We heard you like strippers so we stripped the soundtracks

gossi

Wait, what? Vice City without the soundtrack is like a car driving with a flat tire.

Surprised. Even the iOS version of the GTA games have their soundtrack.

The iOS versions have a different soundtrack. Same here. They swapped the songs around 2011 on PC through patching due to licensing issues.

gossi

There'd better NOT be performance issues. Anyone have impressions?

GTA 3 runs sub 20fps (edit: at times it is above that). Playable (about same as on PS2 native believe it or not - 2001 games were hilarious). Widescreen adds a big performance impact.

Vice City and SA are close to 30.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
GTA SA and Vice City run around 30fps. GTA 3 runs terrible, sub 20fps (I've captured) with widescreen enabled.

SA barely ran at 20 on PS2 a lot of the time. So 30fps is a steal....as well as Vice city in the more populated areas.

Dunno what's going on with 3 to make it shit

gossi

SA barely ran at 20 on PS2 a lot of the time. So 30fps is a steal....as well as Vice city in the more populated areas

I've only played about an hour of SA, and I only captured a few minutes. So we'll see how it performs later on. It's perfectly playable thou.

Blastoise

Banned
I thought it was $15 for the 3 games. This is not a good deal guys. It will give publishers the wrong idea. Don't buy it...

I hate that LCS and VCS aren't in the collection too. Never did finish playing those, hoping they come to PS4 at some point. They were on the PSP but I didn't like the controls. When they put out the PS2 version I seem to remember the controls were still terrible. How is the PS3 version of those?

T-0800

So apart from 1080p the games have no other improvements over the original or the PS3 classics especially with regards to framerate? At least I have the original disks to experience the full soundtrack.

Jesus, they completely wrecked the soundtrack of San Andreas. Those are some of the best songs.

It isn't relegated to just these releases btw. Rockstar has been occasionally "updating" their digital releases of the 3 Trilogy for a while now to remove songs with expired licences.

Matticers

Wow, that sucks. They removed some major songs from both of those games. I wouldn't buy either one at the $15 price point. But I may pick up GTA III.

Been playing Vice City. IMO, added trophy support is the only draw here. With that said, this game is top 3 all time for me. I've been enjoying it purely out of nostalgia.

skelekey

I don't understand why this happens with games. It's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. Imagine if you were to buy a movie from the 80's and they removed the songs. Why are these licenses set up in such a manner that the game can lose the songs?

I don't understand why this happens with games. It's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard of. Imagine if you were to buy a movie from the 80's and they removed the songs. Why are these licenses set up in such a manner that the game can lose the songs?

It's not the same though, most movies use an original soundtrack for majority of the film and may license one or two songs. Vice City and San Andreas have like, 4 albums worth of music from different artists and labels.

It happens pretty regularly with TV shows when they get re-released on dvd/bluray or digitally or on netflix.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomeVersionSoundtrackReplacement

D-Stubbs

Man I've forgotten how brutal the cops are in III. Was playing the "Two Faced Tanner" mission, which is a total jab at the Driver protagonist lol, and during the mission the cops ganged up and shoved me in the ocean. Shit is like bumper cars.

Dominator

The songs not being there don't bug me at all. The soundtracks were great but they never made the game for me.

Bought all 3. Started Vice City and I already love it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The songs not being there don't bug me at all. The soundtracks were great but they never made the game for me.

Bought all 3. Started Vice City and I already love it.

VC's soundtrack made the game 10x better IMO, fitted the setting and immersed the player.

It's better to just explore and find them (^_-)
The first time this game came out I was in my 20's and I lived alone and got high and spent entire weekends devoted to looking for them.

I'm an old man with a family now, I ain't got time for that. Lol. I will smoke a bowl when everyone goes to bed and cruise around to Emotion FM.

Top Bottom