• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online and Red Dead Online will shut down for 2 hours to honor George Floyd

Rockstar has announced that it will be shutting down GTA Online and Red Dead Online today for 2 hours, to "honor the legacy of George Floyd".

Both games will have access closed between 11am - 1pm Pacific / 2pm - 4pm Eastern / 7pm - 9pm UK / 4am - 6am AEST.

----------------------------

Edit

Update: All of Take-Two's labels will follow suit

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

BoringThirdBaleenwhale-max-1mb.gif

Blond

Banned
Bro, please stop making us look so sensitive that we can't play a video game without worrying about the "plight of the blackman!" This is some really patronizing shit!

I'm glad I dumped GTA 5. It's server maintenance, call it that and fuck off.

Last edited:
I am curious, did any of those gaming companies ever do shit like this for other tragedies? The blockade in Yemen left children to starve to death because of Saudi Arabia, China is selling people as slave workers not to mention all that Hong Kong and Taiwan business. Russia bombing hospitals in Syria.

Tragedies happen every single day to people who don't deserve it.

hemo memo

Gold Member
That’s probably money lost more than the entire videogame industry donations to the cause combined.

More than just talk/tweet.

kretos

Banned
giphy.gif

LOL what a fucking joke, i don't play these games but i'm sure the people who do are furious now

what if i'm not american and don't live in america and don't give a shit about all that shit? show your support and donate is not enough now you will punish me too

Mhmmm 2077

This is ridiculous, but at least I know which company I shouldn't support anymore, good that I refunded my RDR2 Steam copy, it was beyond bugged anyway.

Joke's on them since I stopped playing online and online only games years ago. Lets see if those idiots at blizzard shut down Overwatch for two hours, unless they already have and I missed the announcement?

*Goes back to playing Persona 5 Royal and Xenoblade Chronicles DE.

Senua

Joke's on them since I stopped playing online and online only games years ago. Lets see if those idiots at blizzard shut down Overwatch for two hours, unless they already have and I missed the announcement?

*Goes back to playing Persona 5 Royal and Xenoblade Chronicles DE.
you went the way of the weeb

Top Bottom