• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 6 hacker seems to have been arrested

Draugoth

Gold Member
On the evening of Thursday 22 September 2022, the City of London Police arrested a 17-year-old in Oxfordshire on suspicion of hacking, as part of an investigation supported by the @NCA_UK’s National Cyber Crime Unit (NCCU). He remains in police custody.

Brought up by Tom Henderson:

de2as9k.jpg

Last edited:

yurinka

How would you know it's the GTA 6 hacker, exactly?
Evidence found on his computer and/or in the hacked ones. When you connect to servers and computers where are let's say 'digital footprints' left, some of which can be 'cleaned'/removed, but other ones -specially depending on how their security was- nope.

The hacker can make some tricks to make him more difficult to be indentified/take longer to identify him (like using multiple VPNs making a computer to connect to other one in a row to don't connect him directly to the place he wants to steal from), but often isn't the case.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Old enough to be able to face the heat. Screw all the politically correct shit when costing time and unknown amount of money.

Throw the book (literally lol) at him/her/they.

Roxkis_ii

They say it's always pride before the fall.
It's one thing to try and extort people privately, it's another to do it publicly. Now they have to make an example out of him to let people know it's not safe.

Saber

Gold Member
I mean they arrested a hacker alright, but thats it. Thats probaly something they do on their daily basis.
Words from the tweet it self: " wait for the official word if it was him or not".

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Try him as an adult and send his ass to jail. I dont care if its a fancy white collar jail or if its for 1-2 months. He needs to spend that time away from society.

It's the only way these kids will learn. They take advantage of the fact that they are underage and will get off with a slap on the wrist.

Jayjayhd34

Try him as an adult and send his ass to jail. I dont care if its a fancy white collar jail or if its for 1-2 months. He needs to spend that time away from society.

It's the only way these kids will learn. They take advantage of the fact that they are underage and will get off with a slap on the wrist.
Can't be tried adult uk if it's him he likely to get slap on wrist.

JackSparr0w

Banned

That would be a waste of brainpower. They should put the underage thugs with knives to jail instead.

anthony2690

Banned
Will he just get a slap on the wrist as he is 17? Genuinely curious as to what will my happen to him.

The kid is obviously quite clever, so I wonder if someone will hire him even.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Will he just get a slap on the wrist as he is 17? Genuinely curious as to what will my happen to him.

The kid is obviously quite clever, so I wonder if someone will hire him even.

If found guilty he can face 5 years in prison for committing cyber crime.

Add the extortion to that which can be up to 14 years in prison, he could be looking at 19 years max in prison, halved to 9 years if he behaves himself.

Who knows if Take Two will want to extradite him to the USA to face charges their.

Top Bottom