• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V Has Shipped Over 140 Million Units; Red Dead Redemption 2 at Over 36 Million

Concern

What's crazy is that it had its best year since launch!!! And RDR:O had the best month!!!!!

.....more units of GTA 5 were sold in calendar 2020 than in any other year except for the game's launch year of 2013
.....Red Dead Online reached more players in December of 2020 than it ever has since its beta launch in 2018

And the upgrades aren't due until at least Q3!!!

Take-Two reaffirmed its commitment to release GTA 5 on the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S in the second half of 2021, as well as continue to update the game with new content this year.

How is rdr online these days? I put it down after all the nerfing hunting and other ways to earn cash.

cormack12

Gold Member
How is rdr online these days? I put it down after all the nerfing hunting and other ways to earn cash.

It's OK, everyone waiting for new content. I joined a group called RDR retreat - lot of good people in there. But mainly it's waiting for trades or levelling the outlaw pass with boosted collectibles. It's shy of being a good game, but it's easy to spend a few hours in there if you commit.

Concern

It's OK, everyone waiting for new content. I joined a group called RDR retreat - lot of good people in there. But mainly it's waiting for trades or levelling the outlaw pass with boosted collectibles. It's shy of being a good game, but it's easy to spend a few hours in there if you commit.

Kinda been wanting to give it another shot but I guess I'm better off waiting then.

Mokus

Holy moly! When it reached 100 million, I thought that it will drastically slow down maybe reaching 120 million units lifetime. And to think that the game initial development cost was almost eye-watering 300 million dollars, now it looks like the best investment in gaming history.

NeoGiffer

images

hroerekr

Impressive numbers.
But considering these are sold for 5-10 bucks for a long time, I don't think they can just sit on it for too long.
Unless it's the Online MTX making the cash.

Sybrix

Quite amazing of its transition from PS3 to PS4 to PS5

Fair play to Rockstar for keeping the game updated, you may hate the type of updates the game has gotten and what GTA V has turned into however you cannot deny the quality of the updates is of a very good standard

Last edited:

YCoCg

Quite amazing of its transition from PS3 to PS4 to PS5

Fair play to Rockstar for keeping the game updated, you may hate the type of updates the game has gotten and what GTA V has turned into however you cannot deny the quality of the updates is of a very good standard
A lot of the updates have actually broken parts of single player, and they don't seem to be bothered to fix that. Note this is also the same studio that refused to do Pro/X patches for the game.

Evilms

Banned
With the PS5/XSX versions, GTA V to aim for 200 million or at least get close to it to remain the best-selling AAA game of all time.

Top Bottom